ignore this topic, do not reply

Archive of the first decade of Off Topic Posts
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:36 pm

tyteen4a03 wrote:NO OFFENSE TO ANYONE PRESENT IN THE POST BELOW (except our poor mutant sock)

tyteen4a03: Hello everyone! Today we will be testing my wefight translator 3000 in tyteen's public lab.

Random mutant sock: Hello everybody! Deeman just came in and defeated my sister! Nobody fights off random Mr. Volcano! The Evil instruction book and the magic doorknob ran away to have honeymoon! MyNameIsKooky's evil clone is eating tyteen's lunch! Mutank is about to be defeated! We all love bacon mart and PIE!

TRANSLATOR: Cake!

Blast!10: Did he really say that?

Random mutant sock: CAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEE

TRANSLATOR: Lies.

billy bob (no offense, you fit in so well here :3) : Still not funny.
Nobody: I CAN FIX THIS TRANSLATOR!

TRANSLATOR: Hi, a bad guy in disguise killed Pink Sock Jr.! A great good guy is fighting a decent bad guy! A cliche clone of the Guide married a duck! MyNameSiKooky is craving bacon again. And of course Tiny Tank is clueless to his heroics. Come to think about it, he's craving bacon too, as am I.

Tyteen: That's worse.

Nobody: Sorry, I'll try again. I guess not everyone knows that the correct term for the main bad guy of old is Enclosed Instruction Guide, or that he reformed along with the Mutant Sock, or any other facts which make this so unfunny.

TRANSLATOR: Hi guys, I have some bad news. You know my sister... *sob* Pink *sniff* Sock Jr.? She's... *SOB* dead. *sob* Nobody *SNIFFLE* was right. *WAIL* Deeman IS evil. I'm gonna go tell Nobody when he's finished with his *sniff* fight. Oh, and one of the Guide's cousin's is using a marriage to get a powerful bad guy to agree to slavery. Not like I care. *CRY* Not like it has anything... TO DO WITH ANYYYYYYYYYYYTHING! *CRY WAIL SNIFFLE CRY SOB* *blows nose* MyNameSiKooky is getting strength... TO BRING HIS ARMY BACK!!! Okay, Mutant Sock Jr., calm down, it's gonna be okay... at least Mutank is gonna get defeated... MY SISTER MADE THE BEST PIE!!! *SOB WAIL SNIFFLE SNIFFLE CRY* *blows nose* NOw all I have is stinkin' bacon. I HATE YOU! IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII HAAAAAAAATE YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU!!! Cake.

Blast!10: He said all that?

billy bob: Even less funny.

Nobody: Kinda tragic, actually.
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:05 pm

HOLD IT! *too lazy to find a bubble*

I have the perfect Wefight version right here:

Nobody says: "Hello. I come in peace."

Evil Translator says: "Hgraf. Gra ko phik jo."

Translation thinks: Wimps. We will conquer you.

Gibber Representative says: "Gra hi teh gratioso haga. Jo ko GRAH hangalangabangadoogyhoomanoo zi dfgddg lu jo hee yes phik de. Go lu jo gu tree hagle, gra ko ve pik ohf sa jo.

Translation thinks: We are a proud race. You will fight long and hard if you want to conquer us. And if you go too far, we will do bad things to you.

Evil Translator says: "Goodie."

MyNameIsKooky says: "All that to say goodie?"

(Speaking of which, I have made more revisions to that plot. It is now: The Evil Translator creates misunderstandings. ThyNameSiKooky, who speaks English and has nothing to do with the Gibbers due to something Nobody has planned with the Gibbers but doesn't want to spoil, uses dark matter to become more powerful and MyNameIsKooky ends up going inside Nobody to make him stronger. Nobody and Tiny Tank investigate the murder of the only other translator by Evil Translator, knowing neither of these facts.)
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:05 pm

Nobody wrote:HOLD IT! *too lazy to find a bubble*

I have the perfect Wefight version right here:

Nobody says: "Hello. I come in peace."

Evil Translator says: "Hgraf. Gra ko phik jo."

Translation thinks: Wimps. We will conquer you.

Gibber Representative says: "Gra hi teh gratioso haga. Jo ko GRAH hangalangabangadoogyhoomanoo zi dfgddg lu jo hee yes phik de. Go lu jo gu tree hagle, gra ko ve pik ohf sa jo.

Translation thinks: We are a proud race. You will fight long and hard if you want to conquer us. And if you go too far, we will do bad things to you.

Evil Translator says: "Goodie."

MyNameIsKooky says: "All that to say goodie?"

(Speaking of which, I have made more revisions to that plot. It is now: The Evil Translator creates misunderstandings. ThyNameSiKooky, who speaks English and has nothing to do with the Gibbers due to something Nobody has planned with the Gibbers but doesn't want to spoil, uses dark matter to become more powerful and MyNameIsKooky ends up going inside Nobody to make him stronger. Nobody and Tiny Tank investigate the murder of the only other translator by Evil Translator, knowing neither of these facts.)
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:10 am

Nobody, why did you make 2 posts after each other within a half hour, and then one hour later a third post with only a quote of your previous post?

Also, why are you guys talking about Billy Bob: Still not funny, or Even less funny, while it's even the opposite?

As far as I can see some of you are trying to be funny; no problem. Then BB doesn't see why that's funny; No problem either. But then some of you make fun about BB, and I think that's NOT funny.

If you have fun about something (such as silly sea dogs woofing) that's ok. but if you make fun about somebody, you'd better give a very good reason for that.
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:19 am

Marinus wrote:Nobody, why did you make 2 posts after each other within a half hour, and then one hour later a third post with only a quote of your previous post?

Second post: I had more to say and if I edited my post someone might not have seen it.

Third post: Total accident.

Also, why are you guys talking about Billy Bob: Still not funny, or Even less funny, while it's even the opposite?

HUH?

As far as I can see some of you are trying to be funny; no problem. Then BB doesn't see why that's funny; No problem either. But then some of you make fun about BB, and I think that's NOT funny.

What? We were just including him in our posts. Were we also making fun of Blast!10?

If you have fun about something (such as silly sea dogs woofing) that's ok. but if you make fun about somebody, you'd better give a very good reason for that.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:36 am

Third post: I don't quite understand how you can accidentally make a quote of your own post. If it happened to me, I think I would have deleted the post and say that I accidentally made an extra post. But nevermind.
Nobody wrote:What? We were just including him in our posts. Were we also making fun of Blast!10?
Actually I was thinking that, because BB didn't seem to see the fun of the pirate speaking day anyhow. (Blast didn't post in this topic so far.) But maybe I saw that wrong. :?
^_^
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by ^_^ » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:01 am

Nobody wrote:
Marinus wrote:Nobody, why did you make 2 posts after each other within a half hour, and then one hour later a third post with only a quote of your previous post?

Second post: I had more to say and if I edited my post someone might not have seen it.

Third post: Total accident.

HUH?

What? We were just including him in our posts. Were we also making fun of Blast!10?

Spam says: Thanks nobody! Thanks for creating me! :lol:

Off-Wefight: But why did you spam?!
If you can look at my avatar for 19 minutes, without closing your eyes, you must be great.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:11 am

^_^ wrote:Off-Wefight: But why did you spam?!
Honestly? You should be asking yourself that before calling other people out for spamming. You've made more spam posts than Nobody has.
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:24 am

Nobody wrote:
Marinus wrote: Also, why are you guys talking about Billy Bob: Still not funny, or Even less funny, while it's even the opposite?

HUH?
It is just doing it the nice way or the rude way.

(billy bob if you want to be removed from the post I will put "That guy")
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:04 pm

^_^ wrote:
billy bob wrote:
^_^ wrote:Yayz. Billy Bob always must to do that. :lol: [/joke]
Do what?
You sure you don't know?! :shock:
Are you going to tell me?
Marinus wrote:Also, why are you guys talking about Billy Bob: Still not funny, or Even less funny, while it's even the opposite?

According to the phrase "make fun", that is not true (I wasn't insulted, I was included). However, I don't understand how it is funny at all. I'd never say that. I'd never devote an entire post to saying something is not funny. Never. However, I do think that is not funny. And also do think what you said I said was not funny. And I know that I'd never say that. And if I did want to devote an entire post to saying something is not funny, I'd post "That is not funny.".

This topic has gone off-topic.
Midnight Synergy wrote:Stay On-Topic
This forum has two purposes - (i) to allow you to discuss the Wonderland games, get help on levels, and share custom level creations, and (ii) to meet and interact with friends you have made on this forum. For most forum sections, it is important that you keep posts on-topic for each thread. Remember that this is a valuable internet resource for many players, and that its value will be diminished if too many posts go off-topic (i.e. try to keep the "signal-to-noise" ratio good). The "Off-Topic" and "Meet & Greet" areas have been specifically created for your need to socialize and just be silly.
^_^
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by ^_^ » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:02 pm

billy bob wrote:
^_^ wrote:
billy bob wrote:
^_^ wrote:Yayz. Billy Bob always must to do that. :lol: [/joke]
Do what?
You sure you don't know?! :shock:
Are you going to tell me?
That's hard to explain and say.
If you can look at my avatar for 19 minutes, without closing your eyes, you must be great.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:11 pm

BB wrote:According to the phrase "make fun", that is not true (I wasn't insulted, I was included).
If you see it that way, you (and also Tyteen and Nobody) can forget what I said about it. Probably my mistake then.
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:44 pm

Marinus wrote:
billy bob wrote:According to the phrase "make fun", that is not true (I wasn't insulted, I was included).
If you see it that way, you (and also Tyteen and Nobody) can forget what I said about it. Probably my mistake then.
Why would it be insulting? I'd only be insulted if they were trying to insult me. They weren't.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:36 pm

No, insulting was not what I meant. I think when someone is talking serious to someone else, it can be positive (friendly), negative (angry, or insulting) or just neutral. That way you can rate it on a scale of, for example -10 to 10, which is one-dimensional.

It's also possible to use humor when talking to someone, which gives the talk and extra dimension. In that case someone can make a joke about someone else at a friendly way, but also at a way which is not really meant friendly, but more with the intention to laugh about the other, or having fun about him/her. Let's say for that way of talking is also a scale from -10 to 10

When humor is used, it's not always clear to see for everyone, how it's meant, so it's possible that I thought it was meant less friendly, then it actually was.

I think, what ^_^ meant is: When there are things which are not logical, but funny, weird, silly, or how you call it, such as a talk-like-a-pirate-day, you use to ask serious questions about them, while it's actually no serious matter.

In general, when people have fun about something, and person A doesn't see the fun of it, there is always a chance, that those people also go making fun about person A. I don't say that that's what happened here, only that I thought that for a while, but again: Maybe that was my mistake.
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:57 pm

Marinus wrote:No, insulting was not what I meant. I think when someone is talking serious to someone else, it can be positive (friendly), negative (angry, or insulting) or just neutral.
Yes, exactly, it was neutral, not negative/insulting.
Marinus wrote:That way you can rate it on a scale of, for example -10 to 10, which is one-dimensional.

It's also possible to use humor when talking to someone, which gives the talk and extra dimension. In that case someone can make a joke about someone else at a friendly way, but also at a way which is not really meant friendly, but more with the intention to laugh about the other, or having fun about him/her. Let's say for that way of talking is also a scale from -10 to 10
Yes, and I'm rating it zero. And I'm wondering why you would rate it below zero. Especially since Tyteen4a03 said "(no offense)".
Marinus wrote:When humor is used, it's not always clear to see for everyone, how it's meant, so it's possible that I thought it was meant less friendly, then it actually was.
Was that the case?
Marinus wrote:I think, what ^_^ meant is: When there are things which are not logical, but funny, weird, silly, or how you call it, such as a talk-like-a-pirate-day, you use to ask serious questions about them, while it's actually no serious matter.
But MS doesn't like these topics. That's why Playing with the quote bubbles got locked.
Marinus wrote:In general, when people have fun about something, and person A doesn't see the fun of it, there is always a chance, that those people also go making fun about person...
I'd never do that.
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:16 am

billy bob wrote:
Marinus wrote:I think, what ^_^ meant is: When there are things which are not logical, but funny, weird, silly, or how you call it, such as a talk-like-a-pirate-day, you use to ask serious questions about them, while it's actually no serious matter.
But MS doesn't like these topics. That's why Playing with the quote bubbles got locked.
Nope, that was actually a forum game I would consider.
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:51 am

The quote bubbles topic was a forum game. This is more of a silly discussion topic that's not meant to be taken seriously.

What MS doesn't want is topics that really don't have any purpose to them, discussion or otherwise.
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:25 am

tyteen4a03 wrote:
billy bob wrote:
But MS doesn't.
Qloof234 wrote:The quote bubbles topic was a forum game. This is more of a silly discussion topic that's not meant to be taken seriously.

What MS doesn't want is topics that really don't have any purpose to them, discussion or otherwise.
But this topic's purpose is just to talk random sentences, just in pirate talk. That is the same as Playing with the quote bubbles; that topic's purpose was to talk random sentences, just in quotes.
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:38 am

billy bob wrote:
tyteen4a03 wrote:
billy bob wrote:
But MS doesn't.
Qloof234 wrote:The quote bubbles topic was a forum game. This is more of a silly discussion topic that's not meant to be taken seriously.

But this topic's purpose is just to talk random sentences, just in pirate talk. That is the same as Playing with the quote bubbles; that topic's purpose was to talk random sentences, just in quotes.
I think all quotes that are posted were all unrelated then.
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:48 am

tyteen4a03 wrote:
billy bob wrote:
tyteen4a03 wrote:
billy bob wrote:
But MS doesn't.

I think all quotes that are posted were all unrelated then.
That doesn't make a difference; the purpose still is to talk random sentences (just in pirate talk).
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:04 am

Qloof and Tyteen (with almost those words) wrote:The quote bubbles topic was a forum game.
I would like to know what's the definition of "forum game". As far as I know a game has rules how to play it, and it's possible either to finish a game (solve a puzzle, like a Wonderland level) or to win the game. (like football or such)

I didn't see those things with the quote bubbles, so what do you mean with a forum game?
^_^
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by ^_^ » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:05 am

Look in Wefight topic, and you will know what they mean with 'forum game'.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:08 am

First, I asked Tyteen and Qloof, not you, and second, if I have to spend the rest of my life reading the Wefight topic to know what's a forum game, I don't want to know anymore.
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:19 am

^_^ wrote:Look in Wefight topic, and you will know what they mean with 'forum game'.
Reading Wefight won't explain that.
^_^
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by ^_^ » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:50 am

If you ever understand, you'll find out.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:54 am

Seems logical to me: If you understand, you'll find out, or, if you find out, you'll understand. :wink:

BTW, if you'll ever be able to explain things clear, it would make things much easier.
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:19 pm

Again, common sense.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forum_games

(In unrelated news: I think I might consider making Wefight something like this: http://www.lostgalaxyrpg.com/)
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:34 pm

Tyteen, I think you try to make it too easy for yourself, calling everything you can't explain "depending on common sense". :wink:

Of course the Wiki-link makes sense, but I didn't recognize thoese things described on Wiki, in the quote-bubbles-topic.
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:54 pm

Marinus wrote:Tyteen, I think you try to make it too easy for yourself, calling everything you can't explain "depending on common sense". :wink:

Of course the Wiki-link makes sense, but I didn't recognize thoese things described on Wiki, in the quote-bubbles-topic.
Determining almost everything requires common sense.

If the quote bubbles are related to the last post or quoted from other posts to make a story/whatever, then it is a forum game. Otherwise, it just sounds like a spam topic to me.
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:09 pm

Determining almost everything requires common sense.
Perhaps, but on the other hand, for almost everything is to be given a clear explanation, description, definition whatever. (Not saying that I'm able too, though)

About the quote bubbles, we'll never know, since there were only 2 posts, which were actually not related to each other.

But I guess you'll agree with me that every game requires some rules, which say how to play that game, and also, if the only rule is: Type some letters or reading-marks (?!.,":;' etc), press the "quote" button, and the "submit" button, that it's not considered to be a game. (seems common sense to me :lol: )