PLEASE CONTINUE! PLEASE!!! :cry:
Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Sammy_P » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:34 am

Sammy_P says "The crowd goes crazy."
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:38 am

MyNameIsKooky wrote:It's far too late in production to change it now.
Believe me from experience, it can't be too far into development to not change fundamental engine works if you're serious about making it.

One of the things that I kept secret about Lyglo was that there were a lot of concepts for different mechanics that I thought up to make each world more unique. By this point, World 1 and 2 were finished, and 3 was half-done. When I started adding these, the engine often acted really strange due to the coding I had to edit.

I re-built the engine four times before I arrived at the current revision.

Was it worth it? Yes, because now it's easier for me to design levels and the gameplay is much smoother. Once or twice, I felt like giving up, but I still haven't, despite putting it off for long periods of time on occasion.

I think once Wefight - The Game is closer to being finished, you should at least revisit the concept of Boxinator and develop the game further. :wink:
maxnick
Rainbow Master

Post by maxnick » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:41 am

Or say that you made it glichy on purpose, to make it harder! :lol:
Uijt jt nz tjhobuvsf.
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:44 am

BUT STILL. :cry:

I imagined great things for this. Like an ultimate multi-world time traveling sequel.

'These Tumblers have attacked us in the past, but there was a heroic green cube then. This time they are smart enough to attack without an evil mastermind behind it all. That's okay, though, because evil masterminds are troubling.'

'Wurps helped last time, but we had to reengineer them, Plock creating won't help this time. Now they are time machines! Go to the past and interact with your past self. Sometimes you'll have to even destroy yourself so you're future self will survive. Don't worry, you have lots of future selves.'

'Our secret base for the resistance against Tumblers is being turned into an HQ for Grey Tumblers. Grey Tumblers are the weakest, as they cannot move. Last time they had a really tough boss, but he was brought down, so this time there'll be an easier one.'

'Great work saving us! Now you're ready to go out into the desert. And if you aren't, DARN. The Yellow Tumblers set up a tougher HQ there. You shouldn't have too much trouble, but the desert itself is a dangerous place.'

'The Red Tumblers may be the least smart of all, although not the weakest, in fact, they put their HQ in the same place as before. I guess they like heat. Oh yeah, did I mention you were going to the volcanic plains?'

'The Blue Tumblers put their HQ at the bottom of the sea. If the sea creatures and such don't destroy you, the Blue Tumblers will. Either that or you'll survive. I hope that happens.'

''How about a break? With luck, you'll stay out of trouble in the Grasslands. I mean, the Tumblers won't put their HQ there. I mean, grass isn't the color of Green Tumblers or anything like that. Oh wait, grass is green. Go there anyway, you don't need a break.'

'Time to go to Purple Tumbler HQ! I know what you are thinking. What place is purple? Well, some town got dyed purple. It's a dangerous town!'

'The Orange Tumblers were smart, they put their HQ in a place that wasn't orange. It was at the Orange Tumbler Awareness meeting, which takes place in a grey room. So they could have been more smart.'

'The Dark Yellow Tumblers went to the Mustard Factory. I don't suppose you knew there was a Mustard Factory. I know stuff you don't! Did you know 1 + 1 = 2? Shoot.'

'The Light Blue Tumblers somehow got their HQ to be in the sky. It fell down, though, and landed in a minefield. Unfortunately it didn't blow up, so now you have to get through the minefield to what could be the toughest HQ yet.'

'You have thwarted all the HQ plans, but the Tumblers as a whole still exist. We're sending you back to our secret base for new mission details.'

'The Tumblers are planning to strike one last time, each color united and ready for action. I believe they are going to rob the LOCAL GROCERY STORE for a large supply of applesauce. Applesauce can be dangerous in the hands of Tumblers!'

Okay, I have ridiculously high hopes for things, don't I?
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
Joy
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Joy » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:23 pm

GO ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PPPPPPPLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Go on! Please!)
I didn't live ANYWHERE in the world!
~Anonymous.

Wait, It isn't possible!
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:05 pm

Go further with this or something.
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:43 pm

Qloof234 wrote:
MyNameIsKooky wrote:It's far too late in production to change it now.
Believe me from experience, it can't be too far into development to not change fundamental engine works if you're serious about making it.

One of the things that I kept secret about Lyglo was that there were a lot of concepts for different mechanics that I thought up to make each world more unique. By this point, World 1 and 2 were finished, and 3 was half-done. When I started adding these, the engine often acted really strange due to the coding I had to edit.

I re-built the engine four times before I arrived at the current revision.

Was it worth it? Yes, because now it's easier for me to design levels and the gameplay is much smoother. Once or twice, I felt like giving up, but I still haven't, despite putting it off for long periods of time on occasion.

I think once Wefight - The Game is closer to being finished, you should at least revisit the concept of Boxinator and develop the game further. :wink:
OK, I'll look to it. Lyglo didn't have 100 levels that had to be edited based on the engine, though. :P Or maybe I'm just being lazy.
Nobody wrote:I imagined great things for this. Like an ultimate multi-world time traveling sequel.

'These Tumblers have attacked us in the past, but there was a heroic green cube then. This time they are smart enough to attack without an evil mastermind behind it all. That's okay, though, because evil masterminds are troubling.'

'Wurps helped last time, but we had to reengineer them, Plock creating won't help this time. Now they are time machines! Go to the past and interact with your past self. Sometimes you'll have to even destroy yourself so you're future self will survive. Don't worry, you have lots of future selves.'

'Our secret base for the resistance against Tumblers is being turned into an HQ for Grey Tumblers. Grey Tumblers are the weakest, as they cannot move. Last time they had a really tough boss, but he was brought down, so this time there'll be an easier one.'

'Great work saving us! Now you're ready to go out into the desert. And if you aren't, DARN. The Yellow Tumblers set up a tougher HQ there. You shouldn't have too much trouble, but the desert itself is a dangerous place.'

'The Red Tumblers may be the least smart of all, although not the weakest, in fact, they put their HQ in the same place as before. I guess they like heat. Oh yeah, did I mention you were going to the volcanic plains?'

'The Blue Tumblers put their HQ at the bottom of the sea. If the sea creatures and such don't destroy you, the Blue Tumblers will. Either that or you'll survive. I hope that happens.'

''How about a break? With luck, you'll stay out of trouble in the Grasslands. I mean, the Tumblers won't put their HQ there. I mean, grass isn't the color of Green Tumblers or anything like that. Oh wait, grass is green. Go there anyway, you don't need a break.'

'Time to go to Purple Tumbler HQ! I know what you are thinking. What place is purple? Well, some town got dyed purple. It's a dangerous town!'

'The Orange Tumblers were smart, they put their HQ in a place that wasn't orange. It was at the Orange Tumbler Awareness meeting, which takes place in a grey room. So they could have been more smart.'

'The Dark Yellow Tumblers went to the Mustard Factory. I don't suppose you knew there was a Mustard Factory. I know stuff you don't! Did you know 1 + 1 = 2? Shoot.'

'The Light Blue Tumblers somehow got their HQ to be in the sky. It fell down, though, and landed in a minefield. Unfortunately it didn't blow up, so now you have to get through the minefield to what could be the toughest HQ yet.'

'You have thwarted all the HQ plans, but the Tumblers as a whole still exist. We're sending you back to our secret base for new mission details.'

'The Tumblers are planning to strike one last time, each color united and ready for action. I believe they are going to rob the LOCAL GROCERY STORE for a large supply of applesauce. Applesauce can be dangerous in the hands of Tumblers!'
You sir, are a genius.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:05 am

MyNameIsKooky wrote: OK, I'll look to it. Lyglo didn't have 100 levels that had to be edited based on the engine, though. :P Or maybe I'm just being lazy.
H-How many? :shock:

I definitely never had anything near that amount, but at the time I failed at properly coding a platforming engine... So... yeah... :lol:
Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Sammy_P » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:42 pm

BUMP.

PLEASE CONTINUE.
Sammy_Bro
Rainbow Star

Post by Sammy_Bro » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:52 pm

DEMO 4 IS TOO HARD. I CAN'T GET PAST THE 2ND NEW LEVEL, FAIL. *shot*
:D
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:20 pm

Sammy_P wrote:BUMP.

PLEASE CONTINUE.
I've been through this before. I cannot.
DEEMAN223344
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by DEEMAN223344 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:25 pm

MyNameIsKooky wrote:
Sammy_P wrote:BUMP.

PLEASE CONTINUE.
I've been through this before. I cannot.
NYO. YOU MUST CONTINUE.
I THINK YOU SHOULD GET WEFIGHT DEMO 2 OUT, THEN WORK ON THIS.
Emerald141
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Emerald141 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:53 pm

The Wefight- The Game topic got deleted. AGAIN. :roll:
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:53 pm

I noticed. I made a new one.
Sammy_Bro
Rainbow Star

Post by Sammy_Bro » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:10 pm

BUMP.

I CAN NOW GET PAST LEVEL 2 OF DEMO 4. YAY.

*SHOT FOR USING CAPS LOCK*
dlcs18
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by dlcs18 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:31 pm

You just had to go and take my new avatar didn't you...
EDIT: But that doesn't matter cuz I got another new one. *shot*
Last edited by dlcs18 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dlcs18
Sammy_Bro
Rainbow Star

Post by Sammy_Bro » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:02 pm

Sorry.

(plus, I can't get past the first level of the Blue Tumbler HQ. waaaaa)
DEEMAN223344
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by DEEMAN223344 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:58 pm

STOP STEALING AVATARS.
@Kooky, PLEASE CONTINUE WHEN WEFIGHT DEMO 2 IS OUT.
Emerald141
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Emerald141 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:55 pm

What I would really like to see is him stealing my avatar.

I shouldn't have said that, should I?
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:09 am

Sammy_Bro's a thief. He stole my lightbulb sprite and also steals other people's avatars.

I'm going to add my username to my avatars now to avoid getting stolen, like dlcs is doing.
ben-09
Rainbow Master

Post by ben-09 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:53 am

Emerald141 wrote:What I would really like to see is him stealing my avatar.

Emerald, why does your signature bar say
MyNameIsKooky - Advanced Wefighter?

:P
Generation 59: Community experiment. The first time you see this, take the generation # and add 1. Put in your signature.
Emerald141
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Emerald141 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:57 pm

Immediately after that it says: ~Blink, this isn't working. Can you PM me exactly what I'm supposed to type?
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:43 pm

Right click on your attachment and click "Copy image location." Then paste into Image. (Not including *'s)
Sammy_Bro
Rainbow Star

Post by Sammy_Bro » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:56 pm

PLEASE START THIS AGAIN.

IM ON GREY TUMBLER HQ.
DEEMAN223344
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by DEEMAN223344 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:54 pm

ben-09 wrote:

Emerald, why does your signature bar say
MyNameIsKooky - Advanced Wefighter?

:P
Either Emerald messed up typing it, or Doctor Copy is invading the forum.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:28 pm

Sammy_Bro wrote:PLEASE START THIS AGAIN.

IM ON GREY TUMBLER HQ.
I'll consider it, but I don't feel like dealing with whiny people+collision engine because no one would tell me the exact coding for a good engine.
Sammy_Bro
Rainbow Star

Post by Sammy_Bro » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:13 pm

YES SIR!