Something Odd

Archive of the first decade of Off Topic Posts
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Something Odd

Post by Nobody » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:58 pm

I think it's odd that MS never did much about all the hacking discussion and occasional appearance of trying to give people seizures, but did delete people's creativity, which in some cases took up 40-100 pages, instead of finding a better solution or something. I should have probably posted this in my 'blog' topic, but either way I'm in trouble for being anti-government.
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:35 pm

And Sammy_P hasn't got his account back. Which shows MS isn't reading his or her PMs, let alone any of the topics. I don't think MS looks inside the topics before reading them, otherwise MS would have known that Sammy_P hasn't got his account. Unless MS didn't see that topic or doesn't care (which would also be bad). But that topic was at the top for a long time. So it would be hard to miss it.
Last edited by billy bob on Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sammy_Bro
Rainbow Star

Post by Sammy_Bro » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:42 pm

Yeah!

What's the wait, MS?

Send me back my password at samuelpnichols@yahoo.com, please!
:D
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:00 pm

I think he doesn't care about it at all. Various solutions have popped up but MS seems like he didn't care.

MS, disprove the above statement by showing us some actions.
Last edited by tyteen4a03 on Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:03 pm

tyteen4a03 wrote:I think he doesn't care about it at all. Various solutions have popped up but MS seems like he didn't care.

MS, disapprove the above statement by showing some actions.
MS won't listen to the statement, and therefore not disapprove.
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:04 pm

billy bob wrote:
tyteen4a03 wrote:I think he doesn't care about it at all. Various solutions have popped up but MS seems like he didn't care.

Yeah, I meant disprove.

Edited anyways.
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:06 pm

tyteen4a03 wrote:
billy bob wrote:

Yeah, I meant disprove.

Edited anyways.
It is still the same. MS won't listen to the statement, and therefore not disprove.
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:15 pm

Translation: MS, please show us you still care about this forum by showing us some actions.
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:17 pm

tyteen4a03 wrote:Translation: MS, please show us you still care about this forum by showing us some actions.
It is still the same. MS won't listen to the statement.
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:20 pm

billy bob wrote:
tyteen4a03 wrote:Translation: MS, please show us you still care about this forum by showing us some actions.
It is still the same. MS won't listen to the statement.
AKA He won't care?
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:21 pm

Honestly now Billy Bob, you don't know that... But neither do I or tyteen... Anyways let's just see what happens.
ImageImage
TheCracksOverhead#9565 | Oops, uh oh.
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:25 pm

He or she either doesn't read his or her PMs or doesn't care about us. He or she ignores topics and deletes them sometimes without looking at the contents.
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:26 pm

billy bob wrote:He or she either doesn't read his or her PMs or doesn't care about us. He or she ignores topics and deletes them sometimes without looking at the contents.
Patrick is a He. (no, I don't mean Helium)

Yeah, that's pretty much the problem.
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:29 pm

Ever think he might be busy working on WA3? He used to moderate properly, but ever since MoFI was started on, that's gone down.
DEEMAN223344
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by DEEMAN223344 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:37 pm

Ever think that he should take a short break from WA3 to keep the community alive?
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:44 pm

Sigh...

Since Nobody's post was very venomously written, I'll reply in the same manner because I'm afraid it might be the only way to get my point across:
I think it's odd that MS never did much about all the hacking discussion
Taken care of by jozsefkoma. The discussion is in harmless territory right now.

and occasional appearance of trying to give people seizures,
Such topics die by themselves really fast.

but did delete people's creativity,
Of questionable quality and/or value to the forum.

which in some cases took up 40-100 pages,
Overload.

instead of finding a better solution or something.
A warning beforehand would've been nice. It would allow everyone to backup their favorite nonsense topics.

I should have probably posted this in my 'blog' topic, but either way I'm in trouble for being anti-government.
It doesn't even matter whether MS is right or wrong... because this is called "provocation". It never helps. Quit it.
He or she either doesn't read his or her PMs or doesn't care about us. He or she ignores topics and deletes them sometimes without looking at the contents.
Does he even have time to do that? Come on, try to understand both sides of the story before painting someone as a bad guy. Working on the job and WA3 eats up his time. And the current amount of spam-posting eats up his patience.
While I was writing the post through the preview mode:
Ever think he might be busy working on WA3? He used to moderate properly, but ever since MoFI was started on, that's gone down.
Finally, a mature, understanding voice. Thank you for letting me know it isn't lonely on my side of the argument. Both sides of the argument can exist, but let's talk to each other without outright provocation.
Ever think that he should take a short break from WA3 to keep the community alive?
1. Unpleasant fanbase is unpleasant. You want to have your cake and eat it too. Be realistic.
2. The community is quite alive, actually. The existence of this topic hurts it much more than a few nonsense topics being deleted, or a few still existing. I don't really know much about the whole Sammy_P issue, so I can't comment on it right now. I'll find out more and return later.
I don't have much time now. More to come as I find time to post and think of what to post...
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
DEEMAN223344
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by DEEMAN223344 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:06 pm

Ok
Muzozavr wrote:Sigh...

1. your cake

NYO, The cake is a lie, liar. :wink:
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:14 pm

but did delete people's creativity,
Of questionable quality and/or value to the forum.
Disagree. Some topics like Wefight : The Game keeps getting deleted until MS realized that it isn't forum game.
And the current amount of spam-posting eats up his patience
A proposal of having Moderators have risen up, I think MS ignored it or didn't want it, can't remember.
1. Unpleasant fanbase is unpleasant. You want to have your cake and eat it too. Be realistic.
I don't exactly get the meaning of this setence.
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:20 pm

DEEMAN223344 wrote:Ok

1. your cake

This is the kind of spam-posting that Muzo was referring to. Really now, at least try to put some content into your posts.

tyteen wrote:
Muzozavr wrote:
DEEMAN223344 wrote:Ever think that he should take a short break from WA3 to keep the community alive?

I don't exactly get the meaning of this setence.

I believe what he means is that Deeman wants MS to return to fix stuff, but MS doesn't have time with WA3 and various important real-life stuff.
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:25 pm

Mmmmmmm cake.

Anyways what I think is 5 minutes looking at forum should't be differcult to do. WLF isn't big and can be handled easily.
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Technos72 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:29 pm

First of all...

I R SHOKD?

Second of all I think Patrick (or other MS members if they exist) has too many things to be dealt with in this forum that he wasn't able to do this or do that. Hopefully he'll pop up with stuff we want in this forum. I knew Kooky's Wefight TVG topic was deleted because Patrick was dealing with alot of things.

Pray to god he gives our requests.
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:46 pm

Muzozavr wrote:Thank you for letting me know it isn't lonely on my side of the argument.
Argument? Since when was this an argument?
Muzozavr wrote:
Does he even have time to do that? Come on, try to understand both sides of the story before painting someone as a bad guy. Working on the job and WA3 eats up his time. And the current amount of spam-posting eats up his patience.
I never meant to paint MS as a "bad guy". But I don't see how checking the forum would take so much time. It takes me 5 minutes to check the forum without seeing it for a day.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:57 pm

DEEMAN223344 wrote:Ok

1. your cake

No time for Portal. There's a possible flamewar approaching. All due to a few carelessly written posts.

Disagree. Some topics like Wefight : The Game keeps getting deleted until MS realized that it isn't forum game.

Do you have any other examples? If you do, please provide them and I'll rethink my posts based on that new information. I do visit the off-topic forum frequently, but I don't follow a lot of threads.

If that's the only example: (and even if it isn't) people should try to make better titles for their topics. "Wefight -- The Game" just sounds like a pointless duplicate of the other one unless you read it. And no, "NFG" does NOT help. MS was very possibly not there when "Not a Forum Game" got shortened to "NFG".

Good title for that particular topic: "Wefight -- The Video Game". Yes, it doesn't reflect the exact title of the game, but it doesn't need to. It just needs to be descriptive. Now there's no real way to mistake it for a forum game.

A proposal of having Moderators have risen up, I think MS ignored it or didn't want it, can't remember.

Probably a mistake on his part, yes.

I believe what he means is that Deeman wants MS to return to fix stuff, but MS doesn't have time with WA3 and various important real-life stuff.

It's more like people want both at once, which is fairly unrealistic.

Anyways what I think is 5 minutes looking at forum should't be difficult to do. WLF isn't big and can be handled easily.

How do you know if he has those five minutes?

I knew Kooky's Wefight TVG topic was deleted because Patrick was dealing with a lot of things.

Exactly.

Argument? Since when was this an argument?

Since my post. Arguments can be calm, flamewars cannot. I attempted to evade a flamewar by turning it into a more civil argument. I think I'm making progress.

I never meant to paint MS as a "bad guy".

Sometimes it doesn't matter what you meant to do, it only matters what you've did. Alone, your post wouldn't be all that bad, the impression comes mostly from the fact that it was a follow-up to Nobody's post. Reread those posts in combination. It looks like you entirely agree to him and the venomous tone of his post.

Or am I becoming paranoid and seeing things, scrambling to prevent a flamewar?

But I don't see how checking the forum would take so much time. It takes me 5 minutes to check the forum without seeing it for a day.

Does he have them?

Attempting a summary:

The problem is that (whether he wanted it or not) Nobody has managed to write an incredibly venomous post and get support. The critique itself (whether or not it's actually reasonable) could've been done in a much nicer manner. The sheer amount of spite and venom in his post could spawn a flamewar. We do not want that.

EDIT: Addition to the above:
Also, Nobody's post is written so carelessly that some people may believe that he is trying to portray MS's mistakes as "power abuse". I don't believe Nobody would intentionally do that, so it has to be a mistake on Nobody's part. But the flamewar...
... could've been messy.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:22 pm

If he doesn't have that five minutes then he really should get a moderator or moderators.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:32 pm

billy bob wrote:If he doesn't have that five minutes then he really should get a moderator or moderators.
He should. But the fact that he didn't do that... it's just a mistake.
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:40 pm

Muzozavr wrote:
billy bob wrote:If he doesn't have that five minutes then he really should get a moderator or moderators.
He should. But the fact that he didn't do that... it's just a mistake.
Like you said, he should. And I think he would read it if we told him to. But I fear he might ignore it. Because I am sure we asked before.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:49 pm

It takes longer than five minutes to tell if a topic is spam or not. Judging it by the title's not a valid solution - many topics that aren't spam have been deleted and vice versa.
DEEMAN223344 wrote:Ever think that he should take a short break from WA3 to keep the community alive?
The problem here is that people complained about WA3 not starting and now people are complaining about him focusing on it too much. Be realistic, we can't have him focusing on WA3 as well as properly moderating the forum. Game development isn't anywhere near that easy.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:07 pm

OK, I'm going out for today -- I have to go to sleep soon. Tomorrow I'll return here when I'm able to.

I hope my few posts here prevented the flamewar well enough for it to never start. :D
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:08 am

*gets peacefully on*

*sees replies*

I DID WHAT!?!?

*hides in corner*
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:10 am

I personally thought Nobody was trying to express his opinion rather than write a "venemous" post. I know him well and I wouldn't say he's THAT evil... right?