Moderators - Comments

Archive of the first decade of Off Topic Posts
Locked
User avatar
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin
Posts: 2573
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2003 3:39 am
Contact:

Moderators - Comments

Post by Midnight Synergy » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:52 pm

Hi all,

So 3 people have suggested that they'd be interested in being a moderator for the off-topic section: Qloof, Blast, and xprd.

If (a) you wish to be added to this list or (b) you have comments about the capability of these 3 as moderators, please PM me. If you're going to reply in public, please take extra care in what you say and how you say it.

Cheers,
Patrick
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar
Posts: 4686
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:20 pm

Post by Marinus » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:06 pm

Does that mean that Tyteen doesn't want to be a mod?

My opinion about Qloof may be clear, because he's (especially the latest time) stating his opinion, and trying to make his opinion clear.

About Blast and XPR, I don't see much of their posts about serious matters, so I don't have enough information to have a clear opinion about them. Let's give them a chance for a temporarily job, and we'll see how it goes. :)
User avatar
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar
Posts: 2707
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:37 pm

Post by jdl » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:04 pm

I can definitely see Qloof being a good mod, based on the way he handles situations.

Also, I talk to Blast!10 and xprd all the time on Skype and I personally think they would do a great job at it, especially Blast!10, because he's the Skype chat admin. :lol:

I couldn't see myself being a mod, because I don't think I'd be very good at it. :|
User avatar
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar
Posts: 4356
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:16 am
Location: Hong Kong
Contact:

Post by tyteen4a03 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:45 am

Marinus wrote:Does that mean that Tyteen doesn't want to be a mod?
If I become a mod... I can't imagine what the off-topic section would be like with me :lol:

Yes, add me in please.

(Also, Blast could be a very good mod.)
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
User avatar
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar
Posts: 4189
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:33 pm
Location: Canada

Post by Qloof234 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:55 am

I agree, Blast and Xprd would make good moderators as well. Plus the three of us are all in different time zones, so that might help as well.
Image
User avatar
^_^
Rainbow SuperStar
Posts: 2390
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:30 am

Post by ^_^ » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:07 am

Yay finally close to pick da mod. :lol:
If you can look at my avatar for 19 minutes, without closing your eyes, you must be great.
User avatar
DEEMAN223344
Rainbow MegaStar
Posts: 3145
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:07 pm

Post by DEEMAN223344 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:44 pm

I would like to be a mod.
(Dun dun dun?)
User avatar
^_^
Rainbow SuperStar
Posts: 2390
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:30 am

Post by ^_^ » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:11 pm

But you sweared and got banned?
If you can look at my avatar for 19 minutes, without closing your eyes, you must be great.
User avatar
DEEMAN223344
Rainbow MegaStar
Posts: 3145
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:07 pm

Post by DEEMAN223344 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:37 pm

I have changed, You know. [/parody of meme]
User avatar
boywhoflies
Rainbow Spirit Chaser
Posts: 5510
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:16 pm

Post by boywhoflies » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:38 pm

It's true, he has. :)
Mr. Robot never dies! :D

Chatroom
User avatar
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar
Posts: 4189
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:33 pm
Location: Canada

Post by Qloof234 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:57 pm

Except you still have your overly-condescending and immature attitude, which is what we don't want.
Image
User avatar
DEEMAN223344
Rainbow MegaStar
Posts: 3145
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:07 pm

Post by DEEMAN223344 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:02 pm

Example plz.
Though, what I'm sure MS wants that i can provide by being a mod is putting Tactical Nuke in the Off-topic, destroying all signs of spam.
User avatar
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar
Posts: 4189
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:33 pm
Location: Canada

Post by Qloof234 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:12 pm

Okay:
DEEMAN223344 wrote:*facepalm*
Read the PL-Topic. Trust me, read it. Download the object, use it in a level, put the level in MOFI.
DEEMAN223344 wrote:All of you who think Indigo Magic is magic that has something to do with the future haven't played WA.
"Floing magic is time travelling magic"
"There is more to discover about Floing magic"
They may not be exact quotes, but close enough. These are implying that Floing can also be used with the future, but no one has discovered HOW to yet.
Loopy is saying that Indigo Magic will be DISCOVERED in the future, as in WA3.
:roll:
DEEMAN223344 wrote:Image
Yes, it is true that it is easy for someone to think otherwise, it is true that
Using evidence from WA, it is VERY likely that it's just here to be introduced in WA3.
I confirm this (unless MS states otherwise either now or in WA3): Using evidence from WA, Loopy means that it will be introduced in WA3.
Why did we listen to loopy anyways? Didn't he go insane or something? :lol:
DEEMAN223344 wrote:
DEEMAN223344 wrote:All of you who think Indigo Magic is magic that has something to do with the future haven't played WA.
"Floing magic is time travelling magic"
"There is more to discover about Floing magic"
They may not be exact quotes, but close enough. These are implying that Floing can also be used with the future, but no one has discovered HOW to yet.
Loopy is saying that Indigo Magic will be DISCOVERED in the future, as in WA3.
:roll:
-_-.
DEEMAN223344 wrote:
^_^ wrote:
tyteen4a03 wrote:
^_^ wrote:But WA1 had a downloadable beta
Do you mean the demo?
Read some issues. in one there's a downloadable Beta NOT demo.
*FACEPALM* That's different.
DEEMAN223344 wrote:*Headdesk*
STOP.
DEEMAN223344 wrote: [evil] Go back to being part of the RTW soundfont, EEE. [/evil and rude]
SPAM ALERT
Then we have the topic about 4chan and the girl who threw puppies into a river...



The reason attitude is important is because moderators have to be mature and responsible, not being capable of deleting spam and the like.
Image
User avatar
DEEMAN223344
Rainbow MegaStar
Posts: 3145
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:07 pm

Post by DEEMAN223344 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:21 pm

Okay, first, most of those were from BEFORE i was banned, so they have nothing to do with now.
User avatar
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar
Posts: 4189
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:33 pm
Location: Canada

Post by Qloof234 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:30 pm

So? You're still sporting the same attitude around as you were then, which is anything but mature.
Image
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar
Posts: 4686
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:20 pm

Post by Marinus » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:29 pm

People change and they have the right to change. Bad behavior in the past does not necessarily have to be a reason for someone, not let him/her be a mod. However, I do think it makes much difference how long ago in the past.

I did not check it, but I guess, that Deeman has been banned is just a few months ago. That he came back a few weeks. Is just a few weeks to prove being changed from having a bad behavior to being a good moderator? I don't think so. Let's see again over a year or so.


Then I would like to ask what people imagine, how to act being a mod. Well, not to Tyteen and Qloof, because when something is not correct in their opinion, they use to say that, and if needed, to explain and discuss that until there is sort of an agreement. But to the other people, what are you going to do if you think something is wrong? Just say:"This is not appropriate", lock the topic, and that's it?

You know, until a few month's ago it happened that some topics just disappeared for some mysterious reason. At a certain moment, I made the "Patrick's scissors" topic. Then Patrick gave an explanation. After that, I didn't notice there have topic's been disappeared in the off-topic's. Only there were topics locked, and given a reason why they were locked. And in case someone very disagreed, and made a new topic (which is usually me 8) ) he gave an extra explanation.

All this means to me that Patrick cares about his people and about their opinions, and he does his actions as administrator a responsible way. How would you do it Deeman? And the two guys who don't talk much, when there are some serious matters?

Qloof, since you were talking about timezones, I thought there are some things about potential moderator which maybe not really relevant to know, if it's about the ability of being a moderator, but which is just some common information I'm a bit curious about. Such as the country where you live, how you look like, your age and (first)name. I don't know any of your ages, but I guess it's all about 14 - 17. I think most names are mentioned here on the forum or in the credits of MOFI if I'm right. About countries, I know Hong Kong, Israel, America? (Qloof). And I know a bit about how some of you look like. (Tyteen is the mysterious guy at the bottom of a water-well, but nevermind, all those East Asian people look the same don't they :wink: ) But about XPR, I actually know nothing at all.


All those information is of course not really relevant (except age perhaps) but people want to know a bit more about moderators, then about just anyone. If someone of you is locking a topic I like to know a bit such as: Who's that guy, what's his name and age, where does he live, etc. Just a bit curious. Politicians also show their heads on TV and can't have a secret live, you know.
User avatar
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar
Posts: 4189
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:33 pm
Location: Canada

Post by Qloof234 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:37 pm

Marinus wrote:Qloof, since you were talking about timezones, I thought there are some things about potential moderator which maybe not really relevant to know, if it's about the ability of being a moderator, but which is just some common information I'm a bit curious about. Such as the country where you live, how you look like, your age and (first)name. I don't know any of your ages, but I guess it's all about 14 - 17. I think most names are mentioned here on the forum or in the credits of MOFI if I'm right. About countries, I know Hong Kong, Israel, America? (Qloof). And I know a bit about how some of you look like. (Tyteen is the mysterious guy at the bottom of a water-well, but nevermind, all those East Asian people look the same don't they :wink: ) But about XPR, I actually know nothing at all.


All those information is of course not really relevant (except age perhaps) but people want to know a bit more about moderators, then about just anyone. If someone of you is locking a topic I like to know a bit such as: Who's that guy, what's his name and age, where does he live, etc. Just a bit curious. Politicians also show their heads on TV and can't have a secret live, you know.
I'm 14 years old. First name Anthony. As for timezone, I live in Canada, as opposed to America. :wink:
Image
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar
Posts: 4686
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:20 pm

Post by Marinus » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:53 pm

Thanks. Yes of course, when people here in NL say America they usually mean the U.S., but well, actually it is two continents; North and South A. (So actually you're from America as well 8)) And I thought most people on the forum are from the U.S.
User avatar
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser
Posts: 5512
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:52 pm

Post by Nobody » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:21 pm

Qloof234 wrote:Okay:
DEEMAN223344 wrote:*facepalm*
Read the PL-Topic. Trust me, read it. Download the object, use it in a level, put the level in MOFI.
DEEMAN223344 wrote:All of you who think Indigo Magic is magic that has something to do with the future haven't played WA.
"Floing magic is time travelling magic"
"There is more to discover about Floing magic"
They may not be exact quotes, but close enough. These are implying that Floing can also be used with the future, but no one has discovered HOW to yet.
Loopy is saying that Indigo Magic will be DISCOVERED in the future, as in WA3.
:roll:
DEEMAN223344 wrote:Image
Yes, it is true that it is easy for someone to think otherwise, it is true that
Using evidence from WA, it is VERY likely that it's just here to be introduced in WA3.
I confirm this (unless MS states otherwise either now or in WA3): Using evidence from WA, Loopy means that it will be introduced in WA3.
Why did we listen to loopy anyways? Didn't he go insane or something? :lol:
DEEMAN223344 wrote:
DEEMAN223344 wrote:All of you who think Indigo Magic is magic that has something to do with the future haven't played WA.
"Floing magic is time travelling magic"
"There is more to discover about Floing magic"
They may not be exact quotes, but close enough. These are implying that Floing can also be used with the future, but no one has discovered HOW to yet.
Loopy is saying that Indigo Magic will be DISCOVERED in the future, as in WA3.
:roll:
-_-.
DEEMAN223344 wrote:
^_^ wrote:
tyteen4a03 wrote:
^_^ wrote:But WA1 had a downloadable beta
Do you mean the demo?
Read some issues. in one there's a downloadable Beta NOT demo.
*FACEPALM* That's different.
DEEMAN223344 wrote:*Headdesk*
STOP.
DEEMAN223344 wrote: [evil] Go back to being part of the RTW soundfont, EEE. [/evil and rude]
SPAM ALERT
Then we have the topic about 4chan and the girl who threw puppies into a river...
DEEMAN223344 wrote:
Nobody wrote:
DEEMAN223344 wrote:Adventures Of Dancing Duck 2: Rise of The Serpent
(No, it will not be a Harry Potter parody. :lol: )
Why would it be?
...
i should change my signature to not be rude to pcpuzzle
User avatar
DEEMAN223344
Rainbow MegaStar
Posts: 3145
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:07 pm

Post by DEEMAN223344 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:28 pm

That? That was just like that because the quote says all, so there isn't really any coment.
Besides, I change depending on situation. Offline, I'm a completley differnt person. When wefight was exploding, is was the destracted wefight person (Not MNIK). Now, If i'm a MOD, I'll focus on that, and Wefight will just be preserved by me, I'll post less in it or cease posts until the corruption plot altogether.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master
Posts: 9495
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:18 pm

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:37 pm

Wait, what?

Simply avoiding posting in forum games does not make you a moderator. There's no reason to "preserve" Wefight either - it's not supposed to be a completely serious topic.
DEEMAN223344 wrote:That? That was just like that because the quote says all, so there isn't really any coment.
Then why did you type "..."? You've been treating people like morons when they ask simple questions. You say you've changed your attitude, but there's almost no difference since you got banned.

All in all, I think you can't handle the responsibility of being a moderator. You just want the power.
User avatar
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar
Posts: 4189
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:33 pm
Location: Canada

Post by Qloof234 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:48 pm

MyNameIsKooky wrote:Wait, what?

Simply avoiding posting in forum games does not make you a moderator. There's no reason to "preserve" Wefight either - it's not supposed to be a completely serious topic.
DEEMAN223344 wrote:That? That was just like that because the quote says all, so there isn't really any coment.
Then why did you type "..."? You've been treating people like morons when they ask simple questions. You say you've changed your attitude, but there's almost no difference since you got banned.

All in all, I think you can't handle the responsibility of being a moderator. You just want the power.
I have to agree with this. I looked through a lot of your posts and found the same attitude, both before and after banning. Whenever someone makes a simple mistake or disagrees with you or something to that extent, you react as if they're a complete moron.

MS is looking for moderators who can react maturely to that kind of situation. The way you're reacting is anything but mature. Not posting in forum games or the like has nothing to do with it.

Acting different offline has nothing to do with being a moderator. In fact, if you act more mature in real life than you do here, that's a reason why you shouldn't be a moderator (if you can't maintain the same semblance of maturity, that is).b :roll:
Image
User avatar
DEEMAN223344
Rainbow MegaStar
Posts: 3145
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:07 pm

Post by DEEMAN223344 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:55 pm

^ and ^^,
You see, this is what i hate about myself. I can't explain my opinions without making people think I or they are morons etc.
*gets gun*
If this keeps up, I'm either going to get obsessed with this place again or leave the forum and ask myself to be banned.
Why? I just can't stand the way my opinions keep getting converted into insults.
D:
User avatar
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar
Posts: 4189
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:33 pm
Location: Canada

Post by Qloof234 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:17 am

DEEMAN223344 wrote:^ and ^^,
You see, this is what i hate about myself. I can't explain my opinions without making people think I or they are morons etc.
*gets gun*
If this keeps up, I'm either going to get obsessed with this place again or leave the forum and ask myself to be banned.
Why? I just can't stand the way my opinions keep getting converted into insults.
D:
There's nothing wrong with your opinions or anything. The problem is the way you word them. You use insulting internet terms like facepalming, headdesking, and that head-wall picture I posted before. It's not the opinion itself, it's the way you're wording it that I have issue with.
Image
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar
Posts: 4686
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:20 pm

Post by Marinus » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:19 am

I can't explain my opinions without making people think I or they are morons etc.
I think you can't explain your opinion very well anyway. If you're answers to my questions are only links to Wikipedia-pages, I may understand a bit what you're mean, but if there be problems on this forum, I don't see your opinion stated bright and clear.

Bringing an old topic back up, with no other reason then saying: It has to be deleted, doesn't make much sense to me either. You could have given a more clear explanation and ask Blink to add a seizure warning.


Also you didn't answer my question in my previous post yet. If your only answer is: preserving Wefight, then I don't think we need a moderator for that. As far as I can see, Wefight is actually Nobody's and Kooky's playground, and as long as neither of them has any problem, then there is no.
*gets gun*
In my opinion not what a moderator should say.
Kooky wrote:All in all, I think you can't handle the responsibility of being a moderator. You just want the power.
So, I have to agree with this as well. I would suggest: Keep a bit quiet for a while, learn to state your opinion at a neutral way, and clear, and then after some time, we can talk again.
User avatar
DEEMAN223344
Rainbow MegaStar
Posts: 3145
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:07 pm

Post by DEEMAN223344 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:23 am

Qloof234 wrote:
DEEMAN223344 wrote:^ and ^^,
You see, this is what i hate about myself. I can't explain my opinions without making people think I or they are morons etc.
*gets gun*
If this keeps up, I'm either going to get obsessed with this place again or leave the forum and ask myself to be banned.
Why? I just can't stand the way my opinions keep getting converted into insults.
D:
There's nothing wrong with your opinions or anything. The problem is the way you word them. You use insulting internet terms like facepalming, headdesking, and that head-wall picture I posted before. It's not the opinion itself, it's the way you're wording it that I have issue with.
Yet another problem of mine! For some reason, some things that are confusing to other people, seem obvious to me.
As for the headdesk one, that was more because i can't believe BB, Marinus, and ^_^ can start a fight so easily. They're like kacpero and Tails were.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar
Posts: 4686
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:20 pm

Post by Marinus » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:28 am

As for the headdesk one, that was more because i can't believe BB, Marinus, and ^_^ can start a fight so easily. They're like kacpero and Tails were.
For that one you definitely should give a clear explanation, because I've no idea what you're talking about.
User avatar
DEEMAN223344
Rainbow MegaStar
Posts: 3145
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:07 pm

Post by DEEMAN223344 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:40 am

*prepares to facepalm because it is obvious*
*Remembers*
eg.

... http://pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20187

etc.
etc.
etc.
etc.
etc.
et-*shot and killed*
Last edited by DEEMAN223344 on Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar
Posts: 4686
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:20 pm

Post by Marinus » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:44 am

I guess you'd better edit that ^^^ and just post a link to the post you're talking about. It's completely un-readable with all those stuff.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar
Posts: 4686
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:20 pm

Post by Marinus » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:51 am

And what's wrong with the pirate topic?

Edit: The link doesn't work though, but I know the pirate topic. But I've no idea what's wrong with it, except we were a bit off-topic in the end. But that's already been discussed.
Locked