Moderators - Comments

Archive of the first decade of Off Topic Posts
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar
Posts: 4686
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:20 pm

Post by Marinus » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:32 pm

If I may say it in my own words in short:

- A week or few days ago you wanted to be a mod.
- Now you realize that you don't have the abilities which Qloof has, and you live in the wrong timezone.
- Therefore you sign off for moderator.

Right?
User avatar
DEEMAN223344
Rainbow MegaStar
Posts: 3145
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:07 pm

Post by DEEMAN223344 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:57 pm

Yes.
User avatar
Blast!10
Rainbow Star
Posts: 1732
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:26 pm
Location: Tel Aviv

Post by Blast!10 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:03 pm

Well, to be honest, I guess I kind of overreacted in that last post.

My main point still remains, though - I'd rather utilize the skills that I have, than neglect the skills I have and utilize only the ones I don't have. (paradox?)

@DEEMAN: Who gave you the right to speak for me? Things can change, you know. You don't know everything, and you should accept that. :evil:
User avatar
DEEMAN223344
Rainbow MegaStar
Posts: 3145
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:07 pm

Post by DEEMAN223344 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:23 pm

I thought he was talking to me.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar
Posts: 4686
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:20 pm

Post by Marinus » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:49 pm

I think anyhow you should practice and try to improve the skills that you (think you) don't have. Because, even if you get moderator permissions, and you move a topic, you lock a topic, you split a few posts out from a topic, and you're 100% convinced that you do the right thing, you will know that not everyone agree with. So you also should convince other people that you did the right thing.

Don't forget that having moderator permissions also means that you will have obligations. You still have to state your opinion, and, if needed, to explain it. And you can say those are skills you don't have, but I wonder if that's true. Of course not everyone has those skills in the same amount, but you always can learn to improve them. And I think they are necessary. Simply using your moderator permissions and saying nothing at all to clarify your actions is not the right thing in my opinion. I think the best way to moderate is doing it without even using the permissions to move or lock topics. And just in case of an emergency use those permissions.


However, about the time zone I have to agree with you. At least, if I would be a moderator, it probably would cause me many sleepless nights. And I think Israel is at least 1, maybe 2 hours later then Europe. On the other hand, your timezone will give you a very good excuse to be not as active as Qloof is. If you are afraid that your friends will lose faith in you when you're doing actually nothing as being a moderator, that's up to you. But you always can tell them: I'm just an emergency moderator. :wink:
User avatar
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar
Posts: 4189
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:33 pm
Location: Canada

Post by Qloof234 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:47 pm

DEEMAN223344 wrote:
Qloof234 wrote: he has a different way of thinking to the majority of the users here.
The above explains my actions more than it explains BB's.
No it doesn't. It doesn't explain anything about your actions in the slightest.

You're entitled to an opinion just like everyone else - what people don't like is how vehemently you react to people who disagree with you. That's not a different way of thinking, that's a short temper, but even that doesn't explain why you react with such venom.

Your different way of thinking means you have a different opinion, and that's fine, because we all do. No one is taking issue with your opinion here - only the behavior with which you react when someone disagrees with your opinion, which can't be explained away by thinking differently.
Image
User avatar
DEEMAN223344
Rainbow MegaStar
Posts: 3145
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:07 pm

Post by DEEMAN223344 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:49 pm

I think more examples would help here.
User avatar
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar
Posts: 4189
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:33 pm
Location: Canada

Post by Qloof234 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:55 pm

Of what? Your attitude?
Image
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar
Posts: 4686
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:20 pm

Post by Marinus » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:56 pm

Qloof, no offense, but don't you think you're gonna be off topic too, for the same reason I said to Deeman?
User avatar
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar
Posts: 4189
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:33 pm
Location: Canada

Post by Qloof234 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:00 pm

Marinus wrote:Qloof, no offense, but don't you think you're gonna be off topic too, for the same reason I said to Deeman?
I'm aware of this, but I just want to get these things cleared up so something like this doesn't happen again.
Image
User avatar
DEEMAN223344
Rainbow MegaStar
Posts: 3145
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:07 pm

Post by DEEMAN223344 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:08 pm

Qloof234 wrote: is how vehemently you react to people who disagree with you. you react with such venom.

this is what i want examples of.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar
Posts: 4686
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:20 pm

Post by Marinus » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:24 pm

Since you're continuing the discussion from the moment that Deeman did want to be a moderator, I'm not sure if this is really very off topic.

Anyhow, I'm not joining the party because:

- For the moment I'm finished talking with Deeman about this stuff.
- Deeman causing me only one sleepless night, is just more then enough to me.

Good luck. :wink:
User avatar
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar
Posts: 4189
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:33 pm
Location: Canada

Post by Qloof234 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:48 pm

Qloof234 wrote:Okay:
DEEMAN223344 wrote:*facepalm*
Read the PL-Topic. Trust me, read it. Download the object, use it in a level, put the level in MOFI.
DEEMAN223344 wrote:All of you who think Indigo Magic is magic that has something to do with the future haven't played WA.
"Floing magic is time travelling magic"
"There is more to discover about Floing magic"
They may not be exact quotes, but close enough. These are implying that Floing can also be used with the future, but no one has discovered HOW to yet.
Loopy is saying that Indigo Magic will be DISCOVERED in the future, as in WA3.
:roll:
DEEMAN223344 wrote:Image
Yes, it is true that it is easy for someone to think otherwise, it is true that
Using evidence from WA, it is VERY likely that it's just here to be introduced in WA3.
I confirm this (unless MS states otherwise either now or in WA3): Using evidence from WA, Loopy means that it will be introduced in WA3.
Why did we listen to loopy anyways? Didn't he go insane or something? :lol:
DEEMAN223344 wrote:
DEEMAN223344 wrote:All of you who think Indigo Magic is magic that has something to do with the future haven't played WA.
"Floing magic is time travelling magic"
"There is more to discover about Floing magic"
They may not be exact quotes, but close enough. These are implying that Floing can also be used with the future, but no one has discovered HOW to yet.
Loopy is saying that Indigo Magic will be DISCOVERED in the future, as in WA3.
:roll:
-_-.
DEEMAN223344 wrote:
^_^ wrote:
tyteen4a03 wrote:
^_^ wrote:But WA1 had a downloadable beta
Do you mean the demo?
Read some issues. in one there's a downloadable Beta NOT demo.
*FACEPALM* That's different.
DEEMAN223344 wrote:*Headdesk*
STOP.
DEEMAN223344 wrote: [evil] Go back to being part of the RTW soundfont, EEE. [/evil and rude]
SPAM ALERT
Then we have the topic about 4chan and the girl who threw puppies into a river...
DEEMAN223344 wrote:
Nobody wrote:
DEEMAN223344 wrote:Wow, I really hate that guy.
Fixed.
*Facedesk*
DEEMAN223344 wrote:
MyNameIsKooky wrote:ive known all along

since he says "that could happen"
I didn't mean it like that lolz.
@Zbot, Your sig breaks the rules. Don't be a ^_^.
DEEMAN223344 wrote:*FACEPALM*
DEEMAN223344 wrote:Time for TEH BANHAMMER.
^_^ = kacpero.
DEEMAN223344 wrote:That's it.
You = kacpero. No doubt now. MS, banhammer plz.
DEEMAN223344 wrote:ENOUGH OF THAT RULE. WE HEARD IT THE FIRST TIME.
DEEMAN223344 wrote:NYO. NYO. NYO. NYO. NYO. NYO. NYO. NYO. NYO. [/nyo]
Go to 3.studio or something.
DEEMAN223344 wrote:Okay, ^_^.
NOOOOOOT!
NYO FORUM GAMES EXCEPT WEFIGHT AND REAAALY OLD ONES.
DEEMAN223344 wrote:Just, NYO.
MS said that there can be no forum games except for WEFIGHT.
NO EXCEPTIONS.
DEEMAN223344 wrote:>_<.
I searched for the topic ^_^ is asking for, I READ IT, but MS deleted it for some reason.
NOW PEOPLE THINK FORUM GAMES CAN BE MADE.
DEEMAN223344 wrote:POST GAMES IN THE GAME TOPIC!!!!1!!!1one
[/annoyed and angry]
[/caps]
DEEMAN223344 wrote:
Qloof234 wrote:
DEEMAN223344 wrote:In Soviet Russia, Billy Bob corrects YOU.
Okay, we get it. Enough of this now, he's stopped. :roll:
...-_-.
I KNOW.
WOULD I HAVE SAID 'In Soviet Russia,' IF I DIDN'T?!
Cooling off now...
DEEMAN223344 wrote:-_-.
DEEMAN223344 wrote:...
I'm sick of repeating myself. NO.
DEEMAN223344 wrote:CHANGE YOUR SIGNATURE!
I won't start a flamewar, but a random n00b will.
DEEMAN223344 wrote:*Facepalm*
RESEARCH BEFORE POSTING STUFF LIKE THAT.
DEEMAN223344 wrote:Because he's evil. Even tyteen from before he was banned wasn't as evil as him.
DEEMAN223344 wrote:Because I'm stupid enough to stay up till midnight EVERY SINGLE @#$! DAY.
At least I'm not like SS and act like i'm drunk when I'm tired, That'd be even worse.
That+ This forum = WONDERLAND WAR 2 = the ban of me and tyteen.
DEEMAN223344 wrote:
tyteen4a03 wrote:@boywhoflies: It still is not allowed unless you asked MS. He allowed the use of sprites (I think) but not the sounds.
You obviously don't understand the concept of fan games.
DEEMAN223344 wrote:NYO. YOU WILL DIE. MS, BAN HIM, I DONT CARE ABOUT WA3 NOW, AS LONG AS U BAN HIM, NAO. :evil: :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
DEEMAN223344 wrote:THIS is SPAM.
SPAM SPAM- I can stop now, yay.
You're too- nevermind.
DEEMAN223344 wrote:
^_^ wrote:NYO. FREE ACCOUNTS CAN EVERYTHING.

Also, Toontown deleted 18 districts YAY. :lol:
YOU MUST DIE!
DEEMAN223344 (dozens of times before) wrote:NYO.
DEEMAN223344 wrote:Uh, read my posts before you go saying NYO to everything.
Ok, he FLOATED away. HAPPY NOW?
DEEMAN223344 wrote:*Facedesk*
They're BOSSES, not Playable Characters.
Yes, I know most of them are from before you were suspended, but most of your posts are and you're still acting the same now as you were then.
Image
User avatar
DEEMAN223344
Rainbow MegaStar
Posts: 3145
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:07 pm

Post by DEEMAN223344 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:27 pm

The Ok, Deeman hates ^_^ is annoying. get off of me about it.
The others: Most of those had nothing to do with opinions.
User avatar
Sammy_Bro
Rainbow Star
Posts: 1737
Joined: Thu May 07, 2009 8:58 pm

Post by Sammy_Bro » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:38 pm

DEEMAN223344 wrote: The others: Most of those had nothing to do with opinions.
Uh, they were.
:D
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master
Posts: 9495
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:18 pm

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:39 pm

DEEMAN223344 wrote:The Ok, Deeman hates ^_^ is annoying. get off of me about it.
No, we won't. We're not going to shrug off such a thing since such rudeness is usually not accepted here. Maybe it would be helpful if you'd stop and apologize.
DEEMAN223344 wrote:The others: Most of those had nothing to do with opinions.
That's not our main point. We're showing how venomously you react to people.
User avatar
DEEMAN223344
Rainbow MegaStar
Posts: 3145
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:07 pm

Post by DEEMAN223344 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:59 pm

I'm sorry, but look at my "I R BACK TOPIC" was I trolling there?
Sorry.
User avatar
Emerald141
Rainbow AllStar
Posts: 4551
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:56 pm

Post by Emerald141 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:12 pm

I don't really see how it redeems you if ONE if your topics is okay.
The Rest of the Story
My Level List

Seek light, brothers.
User avatar
DEEMAN223344
Rainbow MegaStar
Posts: 3145
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:07 pm

Post by DEEMAN223344 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:26 pm

IMPORTANT.READ THIS SO U ARENT CONFUSED wrote:Sorry.
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar
Posts: 2879
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:37 pm

Post by billy bob » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:30 pm

DEEMAN223344 wrote:
IMPORTANT.READ THIS SO U ARENT CONFUSED wrote:Sorry.
I'm still confused. You didn't explain why you mentioned the "I R BACK" topic.
User avatar
DEEMAN223344
Rainbow MegaStar
Posts: 3145
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:07 pm

Post by DEEMAN223344 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:37 pm

billy bob wrote:
DEEMAN223344 wrote:
IMPORTANT.READ THIS SO U ARENT CONFUSED wrote:Sorry.
I'm still confused. You didn't explain why you mentioned the "I R BACK" topic.
DEEMAN223344 wrote:Hi ^_^.
It's been a while, hasn't it. No, I won't act much like i used to, so don't worry. :lol:
^_^ wrote:Yay you joined my forum and we got you reunited here.
DEEMAN223344 wrote:That's right, I'm back. First, I'd like to thank MS for reinstating my account.
Next, new levels fro RTW and a new demo for AoDD are coming soon!

See you around the forum,
DEEMAN.
NOTE: The quotes are placed in the reverse order. read the bottom first.
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar
Posts: 2879
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:37 pm

Post by billy bob » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:43 pm

DEEMAN223344 wrote:
billy bob wrote:
DEEMAN223344 wrote:
IMPORTANT.READ THIS SO U ARENT CONFUSED wrote:Sorry.
I'm still confused. You didn't explain why you mentioned the "I R BACK" topic.
DEEMAN223344 wrote:Hi ^_^.
It's been a while, hasn't it. No, I won't act much like i used to, so don't worry. :lol:
^_^ wrote:Yay you joined my forum and we got you reunited here.
DEEMAN223344 wrote:That's right, I'm back. First, I'd like to thank MS for reinstating my account.
Next, new levels fro RTW and a new demo for AoDD are coming soon!

See you around the forum,
DEEMAN.
NOTE: The quotes are placed in the reverse order. read the bottom first.
It doesn't explain why you mentioned it.
User avatar
Emerald141
Rainbow AllStar
Posts: 4551
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:56 pm

Post by Emerald141 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:42 am

Future Deeman wrote:*facepalm* IT'S BLISTERINGLY OBVIOUS.

Anyway, I don't yell at people anymore.
It's easy to predict trends like that.
The Rest of the Story
My Level List

Seek light, brothers.
User avatar
DEEMAN223344
Rainbow MegaStar
Posts: 3145
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:07 pm

Post by DEEMAN223344 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:53 am

An idiot would say "*facepalm* IT'S BLISTERINGLY OBVIOUS."

Anyway, I don't yell at people anymore." because it's a paradox.
I'm not an idiot, either.
wait...
....
PARADOX!

SEEEEEEGAAAA.......
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar
Posts: 4686
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:20 pm

Post by Marinus » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:57 am

Emerald, if you only come here to hit someone into the ground, please go home!!

Deeman, let's forget about this all. You can think and learn about all this and later we can talk again. right?
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar
Posts: 4686
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:20 pm

Post by Marinus » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:06 am

And again it's over 3:00h! I thought this was your party Qloof! Where are you?
User avatar
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar
Posts: 4189
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:33 pm
Location: Canada

Post by Qloof234 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:03 am

Marinus wrote:And again it's over 3:00h! I thought this was your party Qloof! Where are you?
Computer class I have running before School starts again.

Anyways - Deeman, I was showing you examples of how much anger and hatred you respond to people with. Just because one topic is fine out of dozens doesn't redeem you. People are still bothering you about hating ^_^ because you won't give a proper apology to him.

You've said sorry only once, and that's after being pressured about it. All that people are asking you to do is to stop reacting so harshly. If you can't do something like that, then you can't expect people to value what you say. That's all there is to it.
Image
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar
Posts: 4686
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:20 pm

Post by Marinus » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:35 am

Of course, that it was over 3:00 h I can't blame anyone but myself, but it's just always the same: The later in the night, the more fun on the forum.

What I meant to say is that what you (Qloof and Deeman) were talking about may be not really very off-topic, because you continued the discussion from the moment that it was still on-topic. However, what happens next in such situation: there come more people interfering with it. And then I'm not talking about Kooky, who had a good point in my opinion, by pointing out the same thing what Qloof still was saying.

But even after Deeman had said a few times "Sorry" people still continued with it, even BB, who has the words "Back on topic" written on his forehead, and Emerald, who was, if I'm not mistaken, the 3rd person replying on my post in the "Hey hey hey" topic. (If you've no idea, see the "Explanations" topic)

Well, I guess the discussion about Deeman's behavior can be closed for now, so let me say (as some other people use to say): Back on topic. :wink:
User avatar
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar
Posts: 4356
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:16 am
Location: Hong Kong
Contact:

Post by tyteen4a03 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:27 am

I think it is still kind of related to the topic, discussing why deeman should not be a mod.

MS, public poll as a factor please?
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
User avatar
^_^
Rainbow SuperStar
Posts: 2390
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:30 am

Post by ^_^ » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:30 am

I wanna be in teh debate.
If you can look at my avatar for 19 minutes, without closing your eyes, you must be great.
Locked