Explanations

Archive of the first decade of Off Topic Posts
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:58 am

I'm not telling anyone to do anything. I'm telling everyone to not do some things
No, you did neither of them. The only thing you actually did was pointing out 2 things:

1. A similarity / something in common. (both are children)
2. A difference (one keeps the rules, the other one doesn't)

Since probably everyone can agree with those 2 statements, you didn't say anything new. However, if I would have to explain what you meant to say, then it's this:

"Since we have one thing in common, we also should have one other specific thing in common."
Which makes absolutely no sense because there is no logic in it. If people would have 1000 properties, and 2 persons would have 999 properties in common (not very likely but just for example) does not mean that they also should have the 1000th thing in common.

After taking a look in my crystal sphere, I see this:

B: But what EEE said didn't make sense either. Being a young child is no excuse ...........
M: And who said that he was correct?
B: ????
M: Since you always seem to pretend that you are always correct, I'm more critical to your words, then to anyone else's words. Just to let you realize that no one and nothing is really perfect.

Maybe "wrong" was not the best choice for a word. You have already experienced that being different, having autistic properties may cause many problems. You don't understand your teachers, your teachers don't understand you, everyone is annoyed, etc... Maybe it would help a little bit if you have someone who experienced sort of the same things. I did go to school, and I didn't have a problem with remembering things, but I also was someone standing alone, who didn't understand much about other people.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:54 pm

http://pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=260721#260721

XPR, about the real reason why I asked you those questions; to know if you would be a good moderator, I would like to say more later in the moderator-topic.

About the examples I gave, I would like to give you an explanation here.
I wrote:In the "correction argument topic" you told me not to post there, because you and some other people (not me!) had agreed not to do.
you wrote:From my point of view, some of your comments were kindof rude and the sort, so I asked you to stop posting rude stuff so people wouldn't be offended. I didn't mean anything more or less.
I remember, that I was talking to BB, but not that I was acting rude or offensive. Neither that you told me that I was rude or offensive.

The only thing I remember what you said is, that you asked me to keep an agreement which I didn't agree with. Probably you and some other people had agreed, not to post in that topic anymore, but I wasn't there making that agreement, so I could post there without breaking an agreement which I made.

Since I can't find the topic anymore, there are no evidences. Therefore this was just an explanation how I think the situation was. Feel free to respond, but I'm not asking you to do.

Next one:
I wrote:In some other topic with the title "Hey hey hey", I used a word for an "employer of women who offer some services for money", and you quoted only half of the word (the women, not the employer) and said nothing but: What?!, or some question marks, not sure.
you wrote:Part of the word was offensive, even though technically the whole word wasn't, it did include the offensive word in it. Sorry if you didn't understand.
There are some words which have different meanings, or at least, they can be used at a different way: a neutral way, and a negative / bad way, such as the words: "bitch" or "whore". It happens often, when those words are used, that most people think very first at the bad meaning, instead of thinking at the normal meaning. I think that says more about the people who hear/read the word and have an idea about it, then about the one who said/wrote the word.

I agree with you that the word can be used at a very offending way. However, the word itself is not offending. It just depends on how people think about it. The word itself just means a profession, so called "the oldest profession in the world", a prostitute. And if being a prostitute is good or bad, that's definitely not what's this discussion is about. It's obvious that being a murderer is very very very bad, but I wonder if people would have had comments on using the word murderer. Because, I used the word in general, not saying: someone of you is a whore / murderer. If I would have done that, it would have been very offensive. But I didn't.

The only thing I said is: "My sergeant used to say: Hey is a whoreboss (employer of prostitutes) in Hong Kong." while "Hey" is supposed to be a non-existing person. (And it was a long long time before I ever had heard of Tyteen, so Hong Kong is just coincidence) So I wasn't offending anyone. My sergeant only meant that he didn't like that people called each other "hey" instead of saying their names.

So, this was my explanation. Again, feel free to reply, but please don't feel obligated. Anyway: thanks for answering my questions, and I would like to say more about "moderatorship" (good English word??) later. Actually I would like to get Blast's response first.