The Ultimate WA Editor Hex-Editing Topic! Take A Look!

Help Topics, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, etc.
cbloopy
Rainbow Master

Post by cbloopy » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:15 am

Qloof234 wrote:I can't actually find the Blue Star file used by the game
It's C:\WA Editor v096\Data\Graphics\cvuupot1.wdf, where the graphics for all the buttons are located (yep, levelexits and adventure stars are really just types of buttons).
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:24 am

Ah, I see. Thanks! :D
Clifford
Rainbow Wizard

Re: Again...

Post by Clifford » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:29 am

Pawelec wrote:Give me it, I'll try to mix current WA Editor with yours MOFI Editor.
MOFI Editor Where?
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:32 am

He was asking for the tester/designer version, but, as has been mentioned, mixing the files won't do anything.

in before someone asks for it to be released by a tester/designer

For that matter, it doesn't work anymore - one, it's expired, two, it can ONLY work on a tester or designer computer, becuase it's locked there by system specs.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:36 am

Double-post, but...

(Sorry, I just had to find an excuse to use my Pheonix Wright bubbles)
dlcs18
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by dlcs18 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:37 am

LOL!!! :lol:
dlcs18
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:25 pm

@ Cbloopy - :shock: That's all I'm gonna say, :shock:
ImageImage
TheCracksOverhead#9565 | Oops, uh oh.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:21 pm

Sorry for DPing, but can we make a level 0 for the adventure so you could actually get out of it? You can just rename the file to 0.wlv and then it will work, right? :D
ImageImage
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:28 pm

Almost, but we aren't sure of that yet :lol:

Also, we would still start at 0,0... :(

However, I'm still working on this adventure star system using the Enhanced GC, and the Generic Rectangle items.

Will post results once I get them
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

hobbes96@telus.net

Post by Qloof234 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:00 pm

Double-Post AGAIN! What's gotten into me? :lol:

Anyways, though:

This was done using Colour ID numbers, to toggle the Blue Star and the Red Gate at the same time.

That NPC activated the Adventure, and the end of it teleported the Player character down to another area.

And the level.

The mini-adventures are just very small, simple areas - the "hub" is where everything takes place.

Through experimenting, you need to use the Flip-Glitch in order to get an un-exploitable Adventure Star, without it teleporting you somewhere else.

However, it's an overall handy mechanism that creates the feel of a Hub-Adventure system, even if it's missing the Star sparkle when the Adventure Star shows up, and there isn't the level title.

Questions? Comments? Pie? :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Sammy_P » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:37 pm

This. Is.... AWESOME!!
mqdar
Rainbow Star

Post by mqdar » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:16 pm

OMG OMG!! :shock:

It MAVs about a second after, but look what I did in the WA Editor! This picture is not edited in any way!

Who would like to know how I did this? :twisted:
[size=0]I'm going to try something right now. It should work. That is, fully, even better than this. *shock*[/size]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Skype wrote:[7:23:42 AM] Darx: Click here to give me an internet!
[7:23:57 AM] 'a'a: *clicks here*
cbloopy
Rainbow Master

Post by cbloopy » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:01 pm

I already know. This is nothing new.

(from http://pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=185162#185162)
cbloopy wrote:Oh, I have no problem getting the adventure stars in the editor, the real problem is that it isn't quite enough. [...] It looks like the information on where you end up on the hub (level file number, x, y) after completing an adventure or aborting, that's actually stored in the master.dat file of the adventure. [...] Needless to say, the editor right now doesn't have any means for you to edit those information in a master.dat file.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:09 pm

I did it too! But, even though I made a 0.wlv file in the Adventures>Hubs folder and User Data>Adventures>Current>My Adventure folder just incase, it still MAV'd out. Why??? WHY??? :( :roll: :lol:

For Hubs and Adventures in Hubs, we've only got about 99.9% of it achieved.

Cbloopy, can you write a program to edit the Master.dat file? This will be your ultimate goal! I don't think there's much left to do except this...
ImageImage
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:29 pm

jdl wrote:Cbloopy, can you write a program to edit the Master.dat file? This will be your ultimate goal! I don't think there's much left to do except this...
a program to edit the Master.dat file
DO WANT
cbloopy
Rainbow Master

Post by cbloopy » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:36 pm

jdl wrote:I did it too! But, even though I made a 0.wlv file in the Adventures>Hubs folder and User Data>Adventures>Current>My Adventure folder just incase, it still MAV'd out. Why??? WHY??? :( :roll: :lol:
See my earlier post again:
cbloopy wrote:In the real games, whenever you create a new player profile, the game will copy all the levels and dialog files from <game main folder>\Data\Adventures\Hub into a "Hub" folder somewhere inside the player profile folder. This is not done automatically in the editor however, but the game will still look for the Hub folder in the player profile folder for level files for the hub. So you'd need whoever's playing to do the copying themselves.
This is C:\WA Editor v096\User Data\Player Profiles\<name of the profile you're using in the player>\Current\Hub. Because the program doesn't copy the files for you like the real games do, you have to put the hub level files there yourself.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:45 pm

@ jdl and/or mqdar: How did you guys even get the Adventure Star to begin with?

Could either of you (or cbloopy, of course) send me the "adventure" with it?
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:53 pm

Qloof - I didn't. I just used CMD 8. :wink:

OMG IT WORKED LOL!!! LOOK OMG!
ImageImage
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:54 pm

Oh yeah, that.

Okay, will go look now... and will probably kill my computer doing it... :lol:
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:10 am

Qloof234 wrote:Okay, will go look now... and will probably kill my computer doing it... :lol:
Does it... LAG? :twisted: :lol: *Kidding*
ImageImage
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:11 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
cbloopy
Rainbow Master

Post by cbloopy » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:22 am

Qloof234 wrote:@ jdl and/or mqdar: How did you guys even get the Adventure Star to begin with?

Could either of you (or cbloopy, of course) send me the "adventure" with it?
I didn't know about Cmd 8 until recently, so I just extracted the data from a WA1 level and create a WOP from it, which I've attached here.

Data0 is the adventure number.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:37 am

Adventure Star works! It even shows the little "firework stars" whenever it's activated. 8)

Were almost ready! If we can do this, making MOPI would be SOOOOOOOO much easier!

Wow, just think... We wouldn't have gotten this far with the Editor without you Cbloopy, thanks! :D
ImageImage
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:39 am

cbloopy, you deserve a medal for all this.

No wait, not a medal. A hundred medals, at least.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:00 am

Qloof234 wrote:cbloopy, you deserve a medal for all this.

No wait, not a medal. A hundred medals, at least.
This enough? :wink: :lol:

ImageImage
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

hobbes96@telus.net

Post by Qloof234 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:07 am

:lol:

Also, I have the Hub files and the Adventure stuff working:

However, even though there IS a 0.wlv in the Hub folder, it crashes.

Probably since I didn't copy it into the folder in the Profile, right? :lol:

MAJOR IMPORTANT EDIT: Nope, we need to change the destination level in order for the game to work right... I think...
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:20 am

@ Qloof - Yeah, you need it in the Player Profiles>Whatever>Current>Hub folder.

I noticed that after you step on the star and enter an Adventure, that if you restart it, then abort it, it doesn't take you back to the Hub. It just aborts you out of the whole thing to the Adventure Selection Screen. :( But if you just abort, it takes you to the Hub.

Need: Program to edit the Master.dat files.
ImageImage
mqdar
Rainbow Star

Post by mqdar » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:37 am

Oh I get it now. We've all figured that part out. I used command 8 too. Ooooh, so that means that everyone knows that if you create an "Adventures" folder in "Data," you can do that? Or has Cbloopy figured out how to change where the game looks? :o

The master file: I think that if you open up a level's master file in a hex editor (like Notepad++), and then go to the 21st byte (byte, address, or both?) after "Standard," (the end of the text part) you find the bytes for the winning level and losing level number, X coordinate, and Y coordinate, all separated by three bytes. Then there's another set of "00"s, and I have no idea what the rest all means.
Right at the very end is the level's starting coordinates, also separated by three bytes.

Oh... I get it. When you play an adventure, WA stores the hub as it is in the player profile. Oh! Ok, I'll start downloading all this stuff now...
Skype wrote:[7:23:42 AM] Darx: Click here to give me an internet!
[7:23:57 AM] 'a'a: *clicks here*
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:45 am

mqdar wrote:Oh I get it now. We've all figured that part out. I used command 8 too. Ooooh, so that means that everyone knows that if you create an "Adventures" folder in "Data," you can do that? Or has Cbloopy figured out how to change where the game looks? :o

The master file: I think that if you open up a level's master file in a hex editor (like Notepad++), and then go to the 21st byte (byte, address, or both?) after "Standard," (the end of the text part) you find the bytes for the winning level and losing level number, X coordinate, and Y coordinate, all separated by three bytes. Then there's another set of "00"s, and I have no idea what the rest all means.
Right at the very end is the level's starting coordinates, also separated by three bytes.

Oh... I get it. When you play an adventure, WA stores the hub as it is in the player profile. Oh! Ok, I'll start downloading all this stuff now...
We also need to change the directory it looks for all this stuff. :wink:

I don't have Notepad++, or any other "fancy" programs you all have. I also do not know anything about Hex, except changing Hex numbers (I think 0-255 is Hex numbers) into Decimal numbers using the calculator on the computer. I usually do that whenever I am using Block Tool.
ImageImage
cbloopy
Rainbow Master

Post by cbloopy » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:57 am

mqdar wrote:Ooooh, so that means that everyone knows that if you create an "Adventures" folder in "Data," you can do that? Or has Cbloopy figured out how to change where the game looks? :o
Well I did already mention C:\WA Editor v096\Data\Adventures in (you guess it) that same post I kept referring to. I can't really change where the game looks since different adventures are in different folders. It wouldn't be that hard anyway for someone to just copy the files there.
The master file: I think that if you open up a level's master file in a hex editor (like Notepad++), and then go to the 21st byte (byte, address, or both?) after "Standard," (the end of the text part) you find the bytes for the winning level and losing level number, X coordinate, and Y coordinate, all separated by three bytes.
Yep, know that already (otherwise how could I claim that the info is in master.dat)? What I don't know yet is how the information is stored for triggering actions on the hub page after winning. And of course writing the program to let you change the information. [edit: scratch that, I've also figured that out too, I think]
Last edited by cbloopy on Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.