5th Adventure: The Root Of All Evil

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

5th Adventure: The Root Of All Evil

Post by yot yot5 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:11 pm

You'll need Kooky's music pack V.4 or higher to hear all the music in this adventure!

===The Goutweed Cycle===
Part 1: Thwart-Food
Part 2: The Arm Farm
Part 3: Back To My Roots...
Part 4: The Root Of All Evil

Yippee!!! My first storyline has been completed!!!
This adventure is the hardest, but not the longest in this cycle. It has a nasty boss fight, and it also includes the MAVS lair (My Arm's Very Secret lair).
Please download the JadeThwart texture into your CUSTOM folder.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by yot yot5 on Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:45 am

Q&A hints and tips!

Q1: How do I destroy the fireflowers near the MAVS lair?
Q1 wrote:First, go north and get the green key. You will have to run past several fireballs! Head down to the south area and step on the collapsing bridge. Save your game and unlock the gate. Then, go north towards the lava button, using the turtle as a shield against the fireballs. Remember to avoid the cages! Then just step on the button and watch the fireflowers destroy themselves!
Q2: What's the deal with those green circles on the ground?
Q2 wrote:When you step on one, you have to click the "break free" button in the dialogue box. At the chomper section, run across the circles instead of going around. In the spikeyball corridor, go down the passageway as fast as you can! In the spikeyball room with the metal button, avoid all the roots (they slow you down too much).
Q3: I can't escape the chomper in the gem room fast enough!
Q3 wrote:You must take the top collapsing bridge and leave the lower one for the chomper. Try and make the longest path of non-gem squares as possible.
Q4: How do I get the key for the root?
Q4 wrote:You need to find a coin to pay the evil merchant. Go to the spring south-west of the MAVS lair and time your entrance well. When blinking, aim slightly north as well as east/west.
Q5: That darn boss fight!!!
Q5 wrote:KEEP MOVING. The second room is just the first room, but stay as close to My Arm as possible (and ignore any lag). In the third room, try to get My Arm to shoot the chompers. You might want to change directions several times.
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:50 pm

Seriously now, are my adventures too hard?

If I don't get any feedback or even posts saying "I'M STUCK", then I might quit making WA adventures. :cry:

EDIT: THANK YOU EMERALD!!!!! :D :D :D
Last edited by yot yot5 on Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emerald141
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Emerald141 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:27 pm

Last edited by Emerald141 on Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
epicdude15
Rainbow Master

Post by epicdude15 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:56 am

ITs good im still up to the fire button one its too hard that bit :/ But its good and I cant wait for the rest of the adventure. So Ill try again cause I just rage quited :lol:

EDIT : What to do when you get back from the fire flowers and the green button? ITS HARD D:
R u Srs?
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:37 am

I assume you mean going back through the spikeyball corridor?
Just follow the spikeyball instead of running from it!

After that you need to reach the metal button in another spikey room, and that bit is also very hard! Try to avoid all the root-grabing tiles.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:48 am

I had a really, really close call at the part with the Chompers and the gems. :shock: :lol:

I didn't have too many problems with the boss. The adventure itself was cleverly planned out and fun to play, except for the room with all those Spikeyballs. That was evil. :cry:

Keep up the great work!
Dark Drago
Rainbow Master

Post by Dark Drago » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:09 am

Good adventure, although I was stuck in some areas and opened it with editor to see how to solve :oops:
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:57 pm

That gem room... :x

The closest I got was the one time I didn't try and just randomly did diagonal lines. It almost worked, because the chomper got confused and wouldn't advance until I got closer to safety. But then, it was like three tiles away from teh bridge for it to hit the button and REFUSED to move. :evil:
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:51 am

Just keep trying! You need to make a very loooong path for the chomper to follow. Try starting at the chomper and reaching the bridge for a differant view on things.
ILoveWonderland
Rainbow Master

Post by ILoveWonderland » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:01 pm

Another good adventure, though there were a few things that irked me.

1. There was a lot of lag during the fireflower part that made it harder than it should've been.

2. The first thing I did was get the key to enter the center of the jade vine. However, the layout of the level seemed to suggest I wasn't supposed to get it until after the gem chomper section. There should've been a gate in front of the spikeyball loop so that I couldn't have gotten the key until after the gem chomper.

3. Story-wise, the jade vine possessing My Arm at the end was a bit cliched, though the actual boss fight itself was great.

Still, it was a good adventure with some challenging puzzles. :wink:
Insert stupid jokes here.
Master Wonder Mage
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Master Wonder Mage » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:11 pm

[quote="ILoveWonderland"1. There was a lot of lag during the fireflower part that made it harder than it should've been.[/quote]

That's just you having a slower computer. I had no lag at all on this computer.
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:02 am

Actually, the fireflower part is probably to blame due to the huge amount of fireflowers. I sometimes get lag when there's a fireflower overload, but it's generally tolerable.
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves