7th Adventure: Tomb Raider

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

7th Adventure: Tomb Raider

Post by yot yot5 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:33 am

You'll need My music pack to hear all the music in this adventure!

===The Iceberg Trilogy===
Part 1: The Iceberg
Part 2: Tomb Raider
Part 3: The Deep Freeze

Yippee! 10 levels and 20 dialogues make this my second longest adventure yet (The Arm Farm is first)! This one is a little bit messy, but all of the fancy dialogue machines work.
This adventure is very mysterious and Olhydra is a rather creepy villian. The ending is almost as awsome as The Iceberg's ending (more hypnotic horror)!
Now it's all hands on deck for COL2, and then The Deep Freeze!!!

Please download the tundras texture.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by yot yot5 on Mon May 07, 2012 3:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ab-47
Rainbow Star

Post by ab-47 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:51 am

Time for another challenge! 8)
LEVEL LIS1
The Hidd3n Archive, Part Four: [33%, Paused]
The Hidden 4rchive, Part Three (Redeemer's Edition)
The Apocollab [0%, Confirmed, Planning]
Are Cookie and Ash Gay? [Cancelled]
Dark Drago
Rainbow Master

Post by Dark Drago » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:37 pm

The adventure aspect of title looks good but the aspect of length might make it boring.
Emerald141
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Emerald141 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:53 pm

Last edited by Emerald141 on Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Emerald141
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Emerald141 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:01 pm

Last edited by Emerald141 on Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:47 pm

Emerald141 wrote:DP.

...green, cyan, blue, green, cyan, blue, green, cyan, blue, green, cyan, blue...

I did it! The puzzles in this adventure were very fun, and I lol'd at the secret exit to the maze guy's maze. The gate puzzles at the end were brilliant! (Gate puzzles always seem to be the hardest...)

Can't wait to see the conclusion of the trilogy!
Thanks! The end of this series SHOULD (I'll probably change my plans) be a round-based action level similar to The Wrong Explosion (or something like that). At the moment I'm trying to think up puzzles for COL2 that don't include too many gates :lol: .
Dark Drago wrote:The adventure aspect of title looks good but the aspect of length might make it boring.
Ahem: http://pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23274

Most adventure players like long adventures. You get more storyline, puzzles and fun!
It's a good idea to play the adventure before posting bad comments.
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:07 pm

Q&A Hints and tips for all baffled Tomb Raiders!

Q1: How do I trap the scritters for Brandy the Chef?
Q1 wrote:Go out of Forrock and find the cave to the west (there are 2 gems hidden around the iceberg). Try to make the scritters bounce on their springs without colliding with each other. When you step on the rotator button, the gates will open.
Q2: How do I solve Noozoo the Navitagor's maze?
Q2 wrote:The buttons only open one of the two gates. For example, if you step on a button that has the left side green, the left green gate will open and the right one will close. If the left gate was already open, then the button would have no effect.
Think backwards when trying to reach the teleporter (the red gates needs to be open on the left side, so I can't come from the right. That means the green gate needs to be open on the left and...)
Q3: How do I complete POWERCUT?
Q3 wrote:In the chomper area, try to always keep an escape route free from chompers.
In the fireflower area, just run as fast as you can. Only stop if a fireball gets into your way!
In the spring area, just time it well.
In the spikeyball area, keep in time!
Q4: How do I dance for the Crazy Bananas?
Q4 wrote:Remember the moves! Saying the moves out loud helps me to remember which button to press.
Q5: How do I reach the main chamber of Forrockian's tomb?
Q5 wrote:Green, cyan, blue, green cyan blue.
If you get stuck, start at the exit and go blue, cyan, green, blue, cyan, green.
Last edited by yot yot5 on Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:35 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Emerald141
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Emerald141 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:50 pm

Last edited by Emerald141 on Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:10 pm

I have to remember that glitch...

To all those who solved Noozoo's maze with the secret wall, please redownload the new version. It's an amazing puzzle!!!
Dark Drago
Rainbow Master

Post by Dark Drago » Tue May 01, 2012 8:02 am

I'm stuck somewhere in btwn, but I'll never give up
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sat May 05, 2012 3:01 am

Continuing the legacy of the Master Wonder Mage critique sheet, I guess.

STORY (20/20)
I'm really liking how your storyline has been keeping true to its roots so far. The ending of this adventure was also awesome. Can't wait for the next!

SCENERY (20/20)
Forrock and The Iceberg are both visually appealing. There's nothing super-amazing, but I won't take off points for that since adventures should mostly be played for fun, not graphics.

ACTION GAMEPLAY (17/20)
Power Cut (7/10): This area was actually really scary at some points. :lol: The only problems I have with it is that the FireFlower area was a bit annoying and required a bit of precise timing, and I always soiled my pants when I poked an enemy in the dark (I suppose that could be sort of my fault, but the "stay between the Spikeyballs" section was evil when it came to this). The area itself is a good concept, though!
The Crazy Bananas (10/10): The Quadratic Formula? Pretty smart. The General Theory of Relativity? Really smart. The part of this adventure where you get to dance with the Crazy Bananas? FREAKING GENIUS!!!

PUZZLE GAMEPLAY (15/20)
Sapphire Scritters (4/5): A clever and original timing puzzle! A bit easy, though.
Quiz (2/5): I usually pay attention to a lot of things in video games, so I was able to answer questions like "What's the population of Forrock?" without a hitch. However, I don't pay attention to things like "How are the Scritters going to be seasoned?" because at the time when I got that information, I thought those were just random things unrelated to the story that I could forget. Questions like "Who was the smallest Thwart" are fine, but I don't want to spend my time playing adventures while overanalyzing and remembering every detail, because that isn't really fun. That's why I removed Mr. Billboard from my adventures. Maybe that's just me, but I didn't really enjoy this quiz.
Forrock Maze (5/5): Small, simple, original, and really well thought out. Amazing job!
Tomb Mazes (4/5): Each maze was very compact, clever, and actually required some thinking to solve rather than sheer trial and error. However, it was a little annoying without a Spy-Eye.

GLITCH-FREE (15/20)
After finishing the quiz the first time and talking to Reddit again immediately after, the dialog box disappeared (due to a CMD 22, I'm guessing, since the quiz was the last task I needed to do). I had to load my game and do the quiz again. It's not a huge problem, but it was a slight inconvenience.

OVERALL (87/100)
Awesome adventure! So far you've managed to keep coming up with original puzzles, even after seven LONG adventures! Keep up the great work! :D
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Sat May 05, 2012 8:25 am

My comments

Powercut: You can't panic on this game! The idea of the spikeyball bit was to keep in time when the lights went out.
But the fireflower part was a room-filler, I agree it was a bit boring.

Quiz: I see why you might find it annoying. I don't want to include too many of these in my adventures (I've run out of questions).

Glitches: Talking to anyone too quickly after finishing something will end in an empty dialogue box (or something else). This is because of a very strange spikeyball/gate machine that controls the Viloox/chores connection.
Last edited by yot yot5 on Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:26 am

Bleh, I decided to skip The Iceberg temporarily to play this. I liked how each area was fairly unique, as well as the major story-ness.
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:25 pm

*bump*

GRADINGS:

Puzzle: 17/17 I had to think hard with the Maze.

Action: 16/17 Worth the fun.

Storyline: 16/17 The quiz was a little too long.You started putting rather WA-unrelated questions. Otherwise good.

Background: 17/17 Forrock is a good-looking city.

Glitch-Free: 16/16 No glitches found!

Keeping Player Interested: 16/16 Well... :)

TOTAL: 98/100 :shock: