New adventure - Collaboration Level Test

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
|Cookie|
Rainbow Star

New adventure - Collaboration Level Test

Post by |Cookie| » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:54 pm

Hello again everybody!

3 days ago, a user and I had an idea to make a level together; basically, this is how things turned out like:
1- I made an empty area as an outline using floor, walls, And water.
2- The other user makes a puzzle within my outline trying AS much as possible to NOT change the tiles logic. (He can add ice)
3- Once the puzzle is complete. I decorate his/her puzzle.
4- Finally, I swapped places with him/her and we did the same thing again

After we finished the collaboration, the result was this level:
We hope that you enjoy this simple adventure! :)
(Do not use glitches please, thank you.)

AND NOW, FINALLY A VIDEO SULOTION(NOT GOLD): CLICK HERE FOR THE FIRST HALF! AND HERE FOR THE SECOND HALF!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by |Cookie| on Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:05 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Previously known as "kidkidaaa1"
My level list
My hub: TTN
Woof Woof
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:13 pm

Well, I've only just started this and already I'm feeling overwhelmed :shock:

Out of curiosity, what exactly does "glitches" entail in this sense? Short of using the Floing/Ice-pause trick, I can't figure out how to even get started on the beginning area.
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:38 pm

Wow, this is a good level. :D Still can't figure it out, though. :(

Did the other user want to remain anonymous?
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:13 am

Just got past the first area with one crab to spare and without using any glitches. I wanna meet whoever designed these awesome puzzles. :P
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:37 am

There, I finished the adventure with Gold. There were several puzzle elements I didn't end up using in the second half of the adventure, but these puzzles are still really neat and fun to figure out nonetheless. :)
|Cookie|
Rainbow Star

Post by |Cookie| » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:19 am

Qloof234 wrote:Well, I've only just started this and already I'm feeling overwhelmed :shock:
Don't worry, once you know what you are doing, everything would be a piece of cake. :lol:
Qloof234 wrote:Out of curiosity, what exactly does "glitches" entail in this sense? Short of using the Floing/Ice-pause trick, I can't figure out how to even get started on the beginning area.

By glitches we mean things like moving on an ice pad quickly before it melts, or also the "Floing/Ice-pause trick", basicly, anything that isn't a feature in the game. :P
(I found a puzzle breaking glitch in the crab top-right area, I made it out with the crab with one brr, that shouldn't happen...)

Wonderland King wrote:Did the other user want to remain anonymous?
Yes, he wants to remain anonymous. :/
MyNameIsKooky wrote:I wanna meet whoever designed these awesome puzzles. :P
Let's hope this happens soon. :lol:
MyNameIsKooky wrote:but these puzzles are still really neat and fun to figure out nonetheless. :)
Thanks! Glad you enjoyed! :D
My level list
Woof Woof
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:43 pm

I've been too scared to make progress on it. :lol:

Though the level design did inspire me to make a new level that will potentially appear in the 6th world. :mrgreen:
Note just inspired; I don't want to accidentally come off as "I took it!" :shock:
At any rate, if you'd feel that way, all you'd have to do is wait until Gamma :D
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
|Cookie|
Rainbow Star

Post by |Cookie| » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:01 pm

Jutomi wrote:I've been too scared to make progress on it. :lol:
Atleast give it a try. :P
It becomes simple when you know where to start. :wink:

Jutomi wrote:Though the level design did inspire me to make a new level that will potentially appear in the 6th world. :mrgreen:
Note just inspired; I don't want to accidentally come off as "I took it!" :shock:
At any rate, if you'd feel that way, all you'd have to do is wait until Gamma :D
That's good!I think.. :lol:

If anybody is stuck, feel free to ask for hints. ;-)
My level list
Woof Woof
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:26 pm

Well, actually, I did try, once...

but, I think I did it wrong, because I couldn't do any thing by the time I reached the turtles. :?

samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Re: New adventure - Collaboration Level Test

Post by samuelthx » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:55 pm

kidkidaaa1 wrote:(Do not use glitches please, thank you.)
Ok, as mentioned by someone else, I am not sure what you mean.
So far the Floing-Brr and Quick Brr trick have been banned by you. Q-Spell is automatically banned too, obviously. :P
However, is blinking on Brr pads considered a glitch? If critters perform the quick Brr trick is it still considered a glitch?
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:00 pm

samuelthx wrote:However, is blinking on Brr pads considered a glitch? If critters perform the quick Brr trick is it still considered a glitch?
I'm not sure. But either way, this adventure is possible without either of those.
|Cookie|
Rainbow Star

Post by |Cookie| » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:02 pm

samuelthx wrote:
kidkidaaa1 wrote:(Do not use glitches please, thank you.)
Ok, as mentioned by someone else, I am not sure what you mean.
So far the Floing-Brr and Quick Brr trick have been banned by you. Q-Spell is automatically banned too, obviously. :P
However, is blinking on Brr pads considered a glitch? If critters perform the quick Brr trick is it still considered a glitch?
The blink on brr pads isn't a glitch, it was used in POTZ if I remember correctly, but the level can be done without the things you (and I) said.
EDIT: Oh, MNIK posted about the same thing, I didn't see his post. :oops:
My level list
Woof Woof
samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:09 pm

Thanks! Will try tomorrow--it's getting late at my side. :P
BTW the puzzle looks intimidatingly awesome! You should encourage your friend to come on board the forum too! :)
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:11 pm

Does walking on the same collapsing bridge as a Scritter/Crab count as a glitch here?

'Cause if so, I am completely stumped at the beginning.

EDIT: wait nvm
|Cookie|
Rainbow Star

Post by |Cookie| » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:19 pm

Qloof234 wrote:Does walking on the same collapsing bridge as a Scritter/Crab count as a glitch here?

'Cause if so, I am completely stumped at the beginning.
Actually, that's the glitch I was talking about it in "getting out of the crab room with only one brr" :P

Once you know where to start, everything will be so clear! :)
EDIT: NVM too.
samuelthx wrote:BTW the puzzle looks intimidatingly awesome! You should encourage your friend to come on board the forum too! :)
Who told you that he isn't a forum member.. :twisted:
Or maybe he isn't one? Who knows..
My level list
Woof Woof
|Cookie|
Rainbow Star

Post by |Cookie| » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:39 pm

Okay, because some people are stuck at the beginning, i'll give some hints:
a small hint:
start from the crab area at the right or the blink area
a medium hint:
both the crab (top-right) and the blink will require floing to continue successfully throughout the puzzle
a large hint:
use floing inside the crab area (top-right) but not in the same area for blink
Hope you find these useful! :)
My level list
Woof Woof
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:17 pm

Oh, in that case, I got that right. :?

I exited the crab room with one brr but no crab; is that what's wrong?

Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:15 am

So wait, should I be leaving the Crab room with the brr charge from inside it, or not?

EDIT: I managed to get to the second area, just past the first two BurstFlowers... I'm very confused, I think I see what the uber-speed Spikey is supposed to do, but I can't tell why it's necessary...?
samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:32 pm

Finally got round to finishing this without any hints and glitches! :D

Wow! I dunno what was wrong with me, but I kept starting at the crab and ice place, and couldn't seem to proceed. But it was exactly like what you said--"once you know where to start, everything will be so clear!"

This was a great puzzle. Kudos to you and your friend for being able to make such an impressive puzzle using another person's outline. :idea:
Some elements and charges weren't used throughout the adventure, though. Still, it was tremendous fun solving this collaboration level! :)
One thing to take note of though--the Floing-Brr trick would have totally broken the first half of the adventure. ;)
Jutomi wrote:I've been too scared to make progress on it.
Oh, you absolutely must finish this!

All in all, a highly recommended adventure. Ganz wunderbar!
|Cookie|
Rainbow Star

Post by |Cookie| » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:13 pm

Jutomi wrote:Oh, in that case, I got that right. :?

I exited the crab room with one brr but no crab; is that what's wrong?
You are doing it right, keep going! The whole point of the crab area is to get 1 brr anyway..
BUT, where should you USE this brr? That's the quetion..
Qloof234 wrote:So wait, should I be leaving the Crab room with the brr charge from inside it, or not?
EDIT: I managed to get to the second area, just past the first two BurstFlowers... I'm very confused, I think I see what the uber-speed Spikey is supposed to do, but I can't tell why it's necessary...?
Yes, the crab needs to stay in the brr room.
Anyway, the uber-speed spikey is used to:
Press the indigo button.
samuelthx wrote:Finally got round to finishing this without any hints and glitches! :D
Well, great job! Actually, when I first tried the first part, I won it using an evil glitch that ruined the whole puzzle. :twisted:
But of course, I replyed it, and then found a new sulotion other than the original one. :lol:
Both sulotion still exists.

Wow! I dunno what was wrong with me, but I kept starting at the crab and ice place, and couldn't seem to proceed. But it was exactly like what you said--"once you know where to start, everything will be so clear!"
Well, in the original sulotion, you ACTUALLY have to start with the crab area,
but that makes things 10x times harder. :twisted:
But yeah, knowing where to start is half of this puzzle. :)

This was a great puzzle. Kudos to you and your friend for being able to make such an impressive puzzle using another person's outline. :idea:
I thougt that it's a very weird idea, but it turned out to be very fun to deal with the outline thing.

Some elements and charges weren't used throughout the adventure, though. Still, it was tremendous fun solving this collaboration level! :)
Hmm, MNIK said something like that, well, my friend and I can't think of any possible way of doing that, well, great job on finding other sulotions!

One thing to take note of though--the Floing-Brr trick would have totally broken the first half of the adventure. ;)
And that's why glitches are not allowed. :D :D :D

All in all, a highly recommended adventure. Ganz wunderbar!
Thanks! we are very happy that you enjoyed it!
My answers are like this: AJSDSAD

Well, could you (or MNIK) tell us what elements you did not use?
Thanks!

And for those who are stuck, a video sulotion for the first half is coming soon! (However, the second half should wait for tomorrow, I think.)
My level list
Woof Woof
Pawelec
Rainbow Master

Post by Pawelec » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:30 pm

Just WOOOW, this is something new. I think it is being surprised what prevents me from completing this adventure :lol:

Both puzzle and decorating are done in a fresh way. Keep up the good work :wink:
"Let us return to the past; it will be progress."
by Giuseppe Verdi
|Cookie|
Rainbow Star

Post by |Cookie| » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:07 pm

Pawelec wrote:Just WOOOW, this is something new. I think it is being surprised what prevents me from completing this adventure :lol:

Both puzzle and decorating are done in a fresh way. Keep up the good work :wink:
Thanks! We are very happy that you liked our level!

Anyway, the level sulotion for the first half is up in the first post if anybody is stuck. ;)
My level list
Woof Woof
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:19 pm

FWIW, here's what my solution ended up looking like.
1) Direct Scritter onto yellow button, charge Floing.
2) Head into Crab room, place Floing bubble atop second collapsing bridge, walk diagonally onto Brr charger.
3) Direct crab over the ice and thru the teleporter, walk into the same square as it (two spaces above the Floing bubble) to coerce it onto the bridge, step onto ice right above it (to use it as a blocker so I don't drown).
4) Head back to main room, shoot Brr to water tile just above red gate.
5) Get Scritter off yellow button, place Floing bubble on button, redirect Scritter into bubble.
6) Shoot Floing bubble at diamond-green button while standing next to the yellow gate, pick up Pop charges.
7) Shoot one Pop charge at the green button/Floing bubble, and another at the purple button. Head into Blink area, wait for bubble to burst, press indigo button, head through teleporter/Blink up to main area again.
8) Flash second crab, cross over to pick up second Flash charge, reFlash crab into main room.
9) Shoot Floing bubbles on red and orange buttons, redirect crab and Scritter onto buttons. Slide across Brr pad diagonally into top-right room.
10) Collect Brr charges, slide back into main room. Place one Brr charge in the water between the green and yellow gates (on the rightmost tile), redirect crab into other tile.
11) Coerce Scritter onto yellow button, cross over into the Turtle room. Shoot one Brr charge at the water tile where the collapsing bridge was.
12) Pow 2 barrels - the centre-right one, and the one above the orange button. Use Pow from near orange button to free Turtle across from yellow gate so it heads into the water.
13) Use Grow to lock the second Turtle on the orange button, pick up remaining Pow charge and leave room.
14) Direct Scritter onto red button, head south. Wait for BurstFlowers to fire before continuing.
15) Use Grow spells so that orange-gate Spikeyball crosses blue buttons a few times, head into blue-gate room.
16) Once GrowFlowers expire and Spikeyball is off the buttons, press blue square button.
17) Get Pop charge, Pop green button at just the right time - uberSpikey crosses bridge button and keeps going.
18) Pick up Brr charges, cross over to press indigo button - use one charge to cross back to main area, put second charge in water between purple and red buttons.
19) Head to blue-gate room, get Pow charge - VERY CAREFULLY use Pow on the ghost.
20) Get Floing charge, head thru teleporter to Spikeyball room.
21) Place Floing bubble, CAREFULLY time steps so that the Spikeyball bounces off one tentacle, then step into Floing bubble so it bounces off me as an obstacle and starts crossing red/rainbow buttons - Takes a lot of trial-and-error due to Floing bubble bursting time, but it does work.
At any rate, this was fun! I like it. 8)
samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:43 am

kidkidaaa1 wrote: Well, could you (or MNIK) tell us what elements you did not use?
Thanks!
Sure! Here're my solutions for both puzzles:
First half: Elements not used: Buttons at turtle area, 2 pow charges
1. Direct Scritter onto yellow button. Pop pink button. Shoot floing onto green diamond button and shoot pop there too. Rush to collect Blink
2. Press Indigo button and get back to main area.
3. Collect flash. With the yellow gate still open, flash a barrel from the turtle area without crossing over. Allow a dragonturtle to sink into the water.
4. Get the lone Brr charge from the crab area by placing a floing bubble on the second bridge. I didn't get the crab out of the room though.
5. With Brr in hand, head towards crab area with flash. After crossing and collapsing one bridge, create a Brr pad where the bridge was supposed to be. Chase the crab across and collect flash. Using the Brr pad, go back to the mainland
6. Re-flash the barrel onto the orange button. Chase the crab into the water tile next to the yellow gate.
7. Get the 3 Brr charges. Use 1 Brr charge to return to mainland.
8. Create 1 Brr charge to cross to the turtle area. After crossing, create a Brr charge at the west-most water tile.
9. Produce a Growflower at the same spot where the Grow charger was before you collected it
10. Pow a barrel, and direct the turtle out of it's alley and into the water
11. Collect a Pow charge and return to mainland.
12. Chase the scritter onto the red button, if it's not already there, and pow the barrel.
The 1st puzzle took me quite some time, for some reason :P Pretty sure my solution is unintended though.
Will post 2nd puzzle solution soon!
|Cookie|
Rainbow Star

Post by |Cookie| » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:50 am

Qloof234 wrote:FWIW, here's what my solution ended up looking like.
At any rate, this was fun! I like it. 8)
samuelthx wrote:Sure! Here're my solutions for both puzzles:
First half: Elements not used: Buttons at turtle area, 2 pow charges
Will post 2nd puzzle solution soon!
Well, those are some pretty smart solutions! I like them! :o
My level list
Woof Woof
samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:20 am

Second puzzle
Elements not used: 1 grow charger, uber-speed spikeyball, bridge button
1. Collect 2 grow charges, Set up 2 growflowers so that the spikeyball behind the orange gate will go around in a loop pressing the round blue buttons.
2. Open the orange gate, and hurry into the blue gate.
3. Wait for the Growflowers to expire and the spikeyball to drown itself. Then press the blue button.
4. Collect pop and pop the green button. Let the spikeyball drown itself.
5. Collect a Brr charge. Press the Indigo button and cross over.
6. Collect another Brr charge, and shoot it between the red and purple buttons.
7. Press the buttons and collect pow to get rid of the chomper. Skirt around the ghost and collect the coins and gems
8. Collect floing and head into rainbow teleporter.
9. While the tentacle puzzle doesn't require floing, I used it for convenience sake. Direct the spikeyball to press the rainbow buttons (and red diamond buttons as a side-effect)
10. Head into the star.
kidkidaaa1 wrote:Well, those are some pretty smart solutions! I like them!
Well, this entire level was great fun to solve! Thanks! I liked your solution too, would never have thought of that.
|Cookie|
Rainbow Star

Post by |Cookie| » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:59 am

samuelthx wrote:Second puzzle
Elements not used: 1 grow charger, uber-speed spikeyball, bridge button
Uh oh, looks like my part is so broken. :oops:
That's like very different than what I wanted, I never thought that someone would use the brr like that. :lol:
My solution is like this:
1- Step on the star-trail 3 times.
2- Make the spikeyball behind the orange gate press the red button, and then the chomper will be released.
3- Make the chomper press the blue buttons (Using a grow flower)
4- Enter the blue room, take pow, and press the blue button.
5- Kill the chomper and get pop, pop the green gate and use brr to create an ice way for the uber-speed spikeyball to press the indigo button.
6- Take the floing, and use it to freeze yourself after taking a gem and releasing the spikeyball so it'll press the purple button.
7- Solve the spikeyball/rainbow button puzzle, and go back.
8- Get the last coins/gems, and go back to the star.
But I still think that having more than a single solution is a good thing. :)

EDIT: THE FINAL VIDEO SOLUTION IS OUT!
My level list
Woof Woof
samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:47 am

kidkidaaa1 wrote:But I still think that having more than a single solution is a good thing. :)
I totally agree! :) Anyways it wasn't really your fault, since you had to stick with tile logics.