Hub Prototype - The Smiling Game

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Hub Prototype - The Smiling Game

Post by billy bob » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:08 pm

I made this years ago with the WA editor. It is just a start but since the POTZ editor has come out I am thinking about continuing it.

Here is how I had planned to continue it (read this after playing the prototype):
The hub is going to continue so that there are many varied different kinds of places over Holiday Island to go to and once as you have ventured deep enough into an area you will find that mystery Stinker that was in south Wondertown. The mystery Stinker will congratulate you on finding him and will ask you if you want to play his game again. You will have to find him in every area in this world to reach the end of the game. I haven't thought of which types of areas this world will consist of yet.

This is how I had planned the end of the game to be like:
As soon as you have found the mystery Stinker in each area you will be transported to a strange blank white land with nothing in it except the mystery Stinker.
Stinker: "Now it is your turn to hide, heh heh..."
You: "What do you mean?"
Stinker: "Tell me, do your people consider you as a friend?"
You: "Yes!"
Stinker: "Could you be so sure?"
Then he disappears and you have to complete a few adventures where your fellow Stinkers, Kaboom!s, etc. chase you trying to kill you and you have to reach the star. After completing the adventures the mystery Stinker will come back but he will look sad.
Stinker: "It's not fair! You cheated!"
You: "How can I cheat at hide and seek?"
Stinker: "You went outside! You're not supposed to go outside!"
You: "What are you talking about?"
Stinker: "It's not hide and seek anyway. It's the smiling game! Remember? We are both smiling while playing!"
You: "Well you don't look like you're smiling."
Stinker: "*gasp* You're right! That means the game must have ended! But we both had such good fun didn't we?"
"Yes well, now that the game's over, perhaps I should return you and your people to where they belong."
"Y'know, all I wanted was for your people to be happy. I thought that that's all they ever wanted."
"If I hadn't have been shown that I was wrong then things would have continued to be worse off than before."
"This won't happen again, in any shape or form. I have been taught a valuable lesson."
"Life is what it is, not what you want it to be."
Then you are teleported out of the blank white area everyone is returned to Wonderland and that is the end of the game.
What do you think? Should I continue it?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Are you happy?

Post by Jutomi » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:08 am

Are you happy?

well, this is interesting so far up til the freak show... ._.

I can at least say that this looks like an amazing hub,
and "Gems Among the Junk" is just... incredible. :shock:
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:55 am

Yes, please continue! I'm curious to see what the finished hub will be. The adventures are creative and interesting, liked this! :)
samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:07 pm

This is a great hub so far--the puzzles weren't all that hard, but they were clever nonetheless 8)

And yes, you should continue it! So it appears that you're planning
for that stinker to be the mastermind behind the "positivity movement"
OondiLalaLoopy
Rainbow Wizard

Post by OondiLalaLoopy » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:48 pm

It's funny but that stinker is weird...
I live a Wonderland adventure every day!
OondiLalaLoopy
Rainbow Wizard

Post by OondiLalaLoopy » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:51 pm

Post removed
I live a Wonderland adventure every day!
Pawelec
Rainbow Master

Post by Pawelec » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:07 pm

That's a marvellous start of a hub and Gems Among the Junk adventure is truly amazing. However, I'm an extremely evil-tasted person :twisted::
As a spoiler I wrote:I'd like the Smiling Villain Stinker (SVS) to be more evil. Just trying to make people happier by being forced to play hide and seek isn't a real villain's motivation IMHO. Up to my taste, there needs to be an extremely evil reason behind that forcing people to be happy. Maybe SVS isn't a real villain and tries to protect all the Stinkers from being used in the Freak Show by making them happier? Maybe he knows something about the way all the Stinkers got to Holiday Island? Maybe there's something or someone else responsible for his actions? Maybe he wasn't given a choice and has to do all those to keep himself safe? I'd make the thing creepier, but that's only my opinion and I honestly think you should do it the way you feel it.
"Let us return to the past; it will be progress."
by Giuseppe Verdi
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:45 am

I do like it, and I hope to see it continued. But I'd say that more elaboration at the end of the game would be nice, a more complex plot, and considering Pawelec's advice would be nice. But of course, no pressure. :)