Merry 2016 - and a tiny MS update

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Merry 2016 - and a tiny MS update

Post by Midnight Synergy » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:15 pm

I know there are several Happy New Year threads in the off-topic section already, but let me just wish everyone a happy and healthy 2016!!

I also want to comment on the (in)-activity around Midnight Synergy. As you know, there haven't been any updates or newsletters in a while, and my presence on the forum has been minimal.

That pattern is going to continue for the foreseeable future. I currently don't have a "spark" to get into a new project (nor the time or resources). But fear not, it is not a "good-bye", I'm just dormant. I'll of course continue to keep the forum running - even if it's only for a few active members. And one day, when the time is right, you may well see a return to new projects from Midnight Synergy. Be it on PC, Mac, Tablets, neural implants, holodecks, or whatever hardware happens to be around at that time. :)

Once again, all the best to you and yours for the new year!
Patrick
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:25 pm

Happy new year to you too, Patrick!

Thanks for the update. If you don't want to make games at the moment, that's totally fine, I can definitely understand that. I wish you luck at whatever you are doing and we hope for the best!
Chip
Rainbow Star

Post by Chip » Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:54 pm

:D Happy New Year, Patrick. :D
And thanks a bunch for keeping the forum running.
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:13 pm

Happy new year to you too! :D

As for the wait... whatever comes after will be worth it. For now, we have more than enough. 8)
myuacc1studios
Rainbow Wizard

Post by myuacc1studios » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:11 pm

Happy New Year, Patrick Not-Diaz. :lol:
Edwin Chung
Gold Wonderlander

Post by Edwin Chung » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:48 am

I am sorry but I saw a new game called Wonderland adventure:Winter Wonderland introduced in a video(deteled)
What is this game?
Is this your future project?
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:07 am

Edwin Chung wrote:I am sorry but I saw a new game called Wonderland adventure:Winter Wonderland introduced in a video(deteled)
What is this game?
Is this your future project?
Probably a fan-made hub.
Edwin Chung
Gold Wonderlander

Post by Edwin Chung » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:16 am

No
In the video,the music,landscape and some creatures were different from the games,
although some of the levels were very similar to the previous levels such as boom or bust etc....
I want to ask t but I haven't registered at that time
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:33 am

Edwin Chung wrote:I saw a new game called Wonderland adventure:Winter Wonderland introduced in a video(deteled)
Randomly searching on YouTube I did see these videos. They were uploaded by an account called "MIDNIGHT SYNERGY" but it must have been deleted along with all the videos (I subscribed to the channel so it's definitely gone now). The videos showed a new game rather than just a new hub. How did you come across these videos? Just random searching? :wink:

And one more thing, was that the exact title of the game: "Wonderland adventure:Winter Wonderland"?
Because from what I can remember the English used in the game was quite broken. :wink:
Edwin Chung
Gold Wonderlander

Post by Edwin Chung » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:56 am

How come you didn't mention that for a whole year?
I thought that I was the only one of the forum members who had seen these videos before(although there are several thousands of views).

If I remember correctlly,I should have found these videos when I watched some wonderland game videos on Youtube.

I believe that Wonderland adventure:Winter Wonderland is the correct name of that game.

Actually,I think that the whole thing is very strange as these videos were not uploaded by our official Youtube account Peegue but called
MIDNIGHT SYNERGY.So though this post,I would like to ask this game for sure.
loofisawesome
Rainbow Wizard

Post by loofisawesome » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:10 pm

Woah..
I looking that stuff up, and I found this!
You posed dramatically.
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:28 pm

loofisawesome wrote:Woah..
I looking that stuff up, and I found this!
That's a clone of a MOFI adventure, I'm pretty sure.

Oh, and merry Christmas to all. :D
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:18 pm

Yes, it was exactly like Boom or Bust, except Thwarts and Grynklers replaced Ice Trolls, it was set in an icy area instead of the jungle canyon, the NPC Stinkers were different, and so on.

"Midnight Synergy" had this video, along with many other video solutions and official trailers on their YouTube account. (I'm not 100% sure, but I think it was pretty much all or most of the videos that Peegue, the official account, uploaded.)

But now that these posts have come about, the "Midnight Synergy" account has shut down... I wonder whose it was? :?
myuacc1studios
Rainbow Wizard

Post by myuacc1studios » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:33 pm

Wonderland King wrote:Yes, it was exactly like Boom or Bust, except Thwarts and Grynklers replaced Ice Trolls, it was set in an icy area instead of the jungle canyon, the NPC Stinkers were different, and so on.

"Midnight Synergy" had this video, along with many other video solutions and official trailers on their YouTube account. (I'm not 100% sure, but I think it was pretty much all or most of the videos that Peegue, the official account, uploaded.)

But now that these posts have come about, the "Midnight Synergy" account has shut down... I wonder whose it was? :?
The channel is still up, it never has or was shut down: https://www.youtube.com/user/Peegue
loofisawesome
Rainbow Wizard

Post by loofisawesome » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:03 pm

deleted
You posed dramatically.
loofisawesome
Rainbow Wizard

Post by loofisawesome » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:04 pm

Click on the link for the Boom or Bust clone again.
You posed dramatically.
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:36 pm

loofisawesome wrote:Click on the link for the Boom or Bust clone again.
But like I said, the link doesn't work anymore... it did before, but whoever owns the Midnight Synergy YouTube channel closed their account.

@myuacc: No, the "Peegue" channel, the official one that Patrick actually owns, is fine. We're talking about a YouTube channel that's actually called Midnight Synergy... really, does anyone know anything about who owned it?
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:47 pm

Wonderland King wrote:But like I said, the link doesn't work anymore... it did before, but whoever owns the Midnight Synergy YouTube channel closed their account.
Ohh... That's intriguing. The channel was definitely up when I last posted, and that was less than 6 hours ago. The convenient timing suggests that whoever owned the fake channel is a forum user...
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:50 pm

Exactly... care to help me solve this mystery? :wink:
loofisawesome
Rainbow Wizard

Post by loofisawesome » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:54 pm

Wonderland King wrote:The convenient timing suggests that whoever owned the fake channel is a forum user...
Hopefully it's not another PowerStar
You posed dramatically.
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:58 pm

loofisawesome wrote: Hopefully it's not another PowerStar
I personally don't think we should go down this road, to be honest...
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:25 pm

It's so obviously a fake account.
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:27 pm

I think we all agree... but we still don't know who made it. As yot yot said, whoever did it is still on the forums, even if just as a guest. And of course, the bigger question, why do this? It seems so random.
Caton
Rainbow Master

Re: Merry 2016 - and a tiny MS update

Post by Caton » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:53 am

Midnight Synergy wrote:I know there are several Happy New Year threads in the off-topic section already, but let me just wish everyone a happy and healthy 2016!!

I also want to comment on the (in)-activity around Midnight Synergy. As you know, there haven't been any updates or newsletters in a while, and my presence on the forum has been minimal.

That pattern is going to continue for the foreseeable future. I currently don't have a "spark" to get into a new project (nor the time or resources). But fear not, it is not a "good-bye", I'm just dormant. I'll of course continue to keep the forum running - even if it's only for a few active members. And one day, when the time is right, you may well see a return to new projects from Midnight Synergy. Be it on PC, Mac, Tablets, neural implants, holodecks, or whatever hardware happens to be around at that time. :)

Once again, all the best to you and yours for the new year!
Patrick
when do you think the website will be updated again?
like a new redesign?
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:15 am

Does anyone remember the name of the Boom or Bust clone? I can't remember it, and it's bugging me now...
Edwin Chung
Gold Wonderlander

Post by Edwin Chung » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:54 am

It should be move it or lose it something etc..
Has anyone pm Patrick about this event?
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:08 am

Move it or lose it... yes, that's it!!!

As for PMing Patrick, I'm honestly not sure whether it would be necessary... after all, how would he be able to find out who owned the mystery channel (yes, that's what I'm calling it :razz:)? Maybe the best solution would be to wait for a moderator's judgment?
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Post by Midnight Synergy » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:50 pm

Someone had emailed me about it earlier. Yes, it was some sort of impostor. They pop up from time to time. Anyways, no need to continue going in circles over this. :)