wonderland classic beta?

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

Caton
Rainbow Master

wonderland classic beta?

Post by Caton » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:29 pm

was there ever an wonderland classic beta?
if there is an wonderland classic beta can I please see a pic of it.
or play it?
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:39 pm

Buy the Midnight Synergy CD. On the physical copy there are some bonuses, including what seems to be a beta (or an alpha?) of the first Wonderland game. It's not feature complete (there are only a few levels) and, if I remember correctly, some of the graphics were weird placeholders, but it's playable and stable.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:03 pm

Muzozavr wrote:Buy the Midnight Synergy CD. On the physical copy there are some bonuses, including what seems to be a beta (or an alpha?) of the first Wonderland game. It's not feature complete (there are only a few levels) and, if I remember correctly, some of the graphics were weird placeholders, but it's playable and stable.
Oh yeah, I remember that there was a prototype game of Wonderland on the MS CD. It's not bad! :)
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:06 pm

It will only run on certain operating systems though. I think it only runs on Windows XP and below.
ImageImage
TheCracksOverhead#9565 | Oops, uh oh.
Caton
Rainbow Master

Post by Caton » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:59 am

can I least see what it's looks like?
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:01 am

Caton wrote:can I least see what it's looks like?
Buy the CD and you'll see! :P
Caton
Rainbow Master

Post by Caton » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:07 am

I know but is it that hard to just post a pic of a level of wonderland beta?
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:10 am

Caton wrote:I know but is it that hard to just post a pic of a level of wonderland beta?
Yes, because most of us either don't have the disc, don't have the time, or don't have a functional internal DVD drive in their computer, like I do, so I have to search for an external drive, connect it, run the game through a virtual machine and take a screenshot. Besides, I'm pretty sure you can find a picture on the MS website.
Caton
Rainbow Master

Post by Caton » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:55 am

jdl wrote:It will only run on certain operating systems though. I think it only runs on Windows XP and below.
isn't made with blitz3d?
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:57 am

Caton wrote:
jdl wrote:It will only run on certain operating systems though. I think it only runs on Windows XP and below.
isn't made with blitz3d?
I suppose its engine (updated, of course) was used for the final game, so, it was probably made with B3D. Although I'm not sure if that's correct what jdl says, I need to try on Windows 7 eventually to see if it works.
Caton
Rainbow Master

Post by Caton » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:05 am

is the alpha version open source?
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:08 am

Caton wrote:is the alpha version open source?
No.
Caton
Rainbow Master

Post by Caton » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:11 am

can you make levels for wonderland beta?
or do I have to hex edit the .lev files?
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:12 am

Caton wrote:can you make levels for wonderland beta?
or do I have to hex edit the .lev files?
No.
Caton
Rainbow Master

Post by Caton » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:18 am

please somebody post a pic of wonderland beta please!!!!!!!!!!!
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:21 am

Shut up please! You're getting annoying! :evil: No one has time to post a screenshot. If someone has the time and is ready to do it, they will post it here. No need to start just screaming. I know, I'm quite rude, but I do it so you can get the message, not because I hate you.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:39 pm

garirry wrote:Besides, I'm pretty sure you can find a picture on the MS website.
I checked the Midnight Post issues, and as far as I know, there isn't a picture on the MS site or anywhere else online. Could have sworn I seen a picture at one point though.

As for the engine, I'm 90% sure it's still Blitz3D, maybe just an older version of it.
ImageImage
TheCracksOverhead#9565 | Oops, uh oh.
Kilicool64
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Kilicool64 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:23 pm

jdl wrote:
garirry wrote:Besides, I'm pretty sure you can find a picture on the MS website.
I checked the Midnight Post issues, and as far as I know, there isn't a picture on the MS site or anywhere else online. Could have sworn I seen a picture at one point though.

As for the engine, I'm 90% sure it's still Blitz3D, maybe just an older version of it.
There was a screenshot included on the CD, but uploading it here would be copyright infringement. Also, from what I remember back when I still had a PC that could run the game, it actually disables the "Print" key and can't be run in windowed mode either, making it impossible to take screenshots.

It's a bit of a shame that it doesn't work on recent Windows versions though. I was looking forward to playing it again since I'm currently replaying the Wonderland series.
Caton
Rainbow Master

Post by Caton » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:50 am

Kilicool64 wrote:
jdl wrote:

There was a screenshot included on the CD, but uploading it here would be copyright infringement. Also, from what I remember back when I still had a PC that could run the game, it actually disables the "Print" key and can't be run in windowed mode either, making it impossible to take screenshots.

It's a bit of a shame that it doesn't work on recent Windows versions though. I was looking forward to playing it again since I'm currently replaying the Wonderland series.
can't you send pic in pm?
Koopson44
Rainbow Master

Post by Koopson44 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:22 am

You are an idiot
Don't come in contact with contaminants.
Caton
Rainbow Master

Post by Caton » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:54 am

that was mean and very rude.
never say very mean things at members.
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:00 am

Caton wrote:that was mean and very rude.
I agree that Koopson shouldn't have insulted you, but you still should have been expecting it. I mean, you don't listen to anybody and you repeat the same question over and over.

Again, please understand that I am not insulting you just because you are you, I'm just struggling to give you the message.
Koopson44
Rainbow Master

Post by Koopson44 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:59 am

Caton wrote:that was mean and very rude.
just saying. You asked for something he told you he CAN'T give you. He told you that it would be illegal. You only read the things you like to see. In fact, you will probably ignore this message. Maybe if i said "i like you caton" you will read that.
Don't come in contact with contaminants.
Kilicool64
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Kilicool64 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:44 pm

Caton wrote:
Kilicool64 wrote:
jdl wrote:

Umm, you are aware that asking someone to do something illegal is against the forum rules, right?
Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Sammy_P » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:06 pm

Caton wrote:
Kilicool64 wrote:
jdl wrote:

From the Midnight Synergy Games Collection page:

That's as close as you're going to get of a picture unless you just get the CD for yourself. :wink:
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:20 pm

Kilicool64 wrote:Umm, you are aware that asking someone to do something illegal is against the forum rules, right?
How is just posting the screenshot illegal? It's not as if you're redistributing the entire game.
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:54 pm

Qloof234 wrote:
Kilicool64 wrote:Umm, you are aware that asking someone to do something illegal is against the forum rules, right?
How is just posting the screenshot illegal? It's not as if you're redistributing the entire game.
It's because you only get the screenshot on the CD which is available for sale. It is impossible to get it otherwise, and as kilicool said earlier, it blocks the use of the "print screen" button, meaning that MS never wanted anyone to share this.
Caton
Rainbow Master

Post by Caton » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:57 am

I made my own custom levels in the very old version of wonderland
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:14 am

jdl wrote:

There are pictures in the Midnight Synergy Archives (I can't remember where it is, but it exists)
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop