VOTE FOR WONDERLAND (no, seriously) ;)

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

rescuefire
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by rescuefire » Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:52 am

Hi Erik! Nice of you to stop by and say howdy. I'm thinking maybe I should try your game out since it is soooo popular.

Can you tell us about your game some?
Image Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting.
ErikH2000

Post by ErikH2000 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:12 am

Well, I don't think it's nice for me to derail the topic to promote MY game. But briefly, DROD is a game about solving puzzles. It's got a grid-aligned world like Wonderland. You explore different levels, kill monsters, talk to people. I think it's harder than Wonderland Adventures, from what I've played of WA.

-Erik
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Post by Midnight Synergy » Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:04 am

Hi Erik,

I think you're right that DROD is harder than WA, although WA does get nice and tricky in its second half. For a real puzzle challenge your best bet is the classic set of Return to Wonderland - I don't know if others would agree, but I think its the toughest level set for Wonderland.

As for DROD, I definitely think people should give it a go. I quite liked (and bought, and put it in the Midnight Post) Journey to the Rooted Hold. I have only peeked at The City Beneath for lack of time, but I'm sure its equally excellent.

(Oh, and to the Wonderland community member posting on the Caravel forum, please don't antagonize. The latest thing that any of us (Erik, me, Gametunnel) would want to see is these types of competitions becoming unfriendly.)

Cheers, and hooray for us! :D (although I do not count chickens until they've hatched, ie until the win is official)
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:38 am

For a real puzzle challenge your best bet is the classic set of Return to Wonderland - I don't know if others would agree, but I think its the toughest level set for Wonderland.
Change the word "classic" to "deluxe" and I will agree. :lol: (Yes, there are fewer levels in the deluxe levelpack, but they are much harder IMO)

As for a REAL REAL REAL challenge, have a look at some custom levels, notably Liz Mayhew's (brainkilling puzles with little to no quick moves) Kiki's (oh spheres!!!) and Mark's (best misdirection in the world).

OTOH, DROD's custom levels are probably also more challenging than the official level sets -- right?
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
slimm tom
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by slimm tom » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:25 am

Muzozavr wrote:OTOH, DROD's custom levels are probably also more challenging than the official level sets -- right?
Yeah, there are a bunch of holds(that's what DROD level sets are called) that are harder than the official holds. (And the official holds are hard :wink: ) But I think the hardest hold around is Beethro's Teacher, by Henri Kareinen. It is a Smitemaster's Selection, an official hold which can be bought through the Caravel site, but it is not included in one of the three games.
ILoveWonderland
Rainbow Master

Post by ILoveWonderland » Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:06 pm

Not to get off-topic about Drod, but someone said in the posts below the poll that we were mean and if you did one tiny thing wrong, you would get banned. That is not even close to true!
Insert stupid jokes here.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:22 pm

I think that was anson.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
wonderlandlover
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by wonderlandlover » Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:16 pm

Ha, Ha, that is cool to see Erik posting! I have a different screen name on DROD.

I would agree that WA is easier than DROD TCB, but I think it draws different types of people. It was thanks to Patrick that I tried out JTRH, and it was very difficult to beat for me. I had to take a break of months. (I had to take a break of several months to do the last level of Secret Worlds.) But there also very difficult member-created levels for Deluxe-Platinum, many I haven't beaten, too. I will say that I feel more comfortable in the Wonderland community, but that isn't necessarily a bad reflection of the other.
superquookie
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by superquookie » Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:53 pm

I Think my cheer made WA surge...or not :?
IM BACK!

remember quookie;)
Gen
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Gen » Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:56 pm

CONGRATULATIONS PATRICK!

YES! Wonderland Adventures Won!
Attachments
awards.JPG
awards.JPG (110.3 KiB) Viewed 8153 times
ErikH2000

Post by ErikH2000 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:05 am

Rutza futza grrrr....

Oh, I can't stay mad at you guys. Congratulations! :)

-Erik
pandybear
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by pandybear » Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:08 am

Way to go Patrick! I had no doubt in my mind that Wonderland would come out on top! It was definitely the righ choice! When and where's the party?

Congrats again!
Andy
Andy
Lillie
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Lillie » Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:22 am

YEAH!!!! Image

I have been away and was wondering how we would do!!!! Fantastic result Mr P - I am so pleased for you and all at Midnight Synergy!!!!

Greatly deserved :P
Lillie The Beanhead! Image
"Lillie Still A London Phillie Dancing Like A Billie Goatee Wee Wee Lillie"
uneekrose
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by uneekrose » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:01 am

Congrats Patrick and Midnight Synergy for the win. I'm not much for the new WA but I just looooove Wonderland........
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:18 am

ILoveWonderland wrote:Not to get off-topic about Drod, but someone said in the posts below the poll that we were mean and if you did one tiny thing wrong, you would get banned. That is not even close to true!
I get something wrong,and MS give me a chance.

P.S:Thank you MS! :lol:
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
rescuefire
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by rescuefire » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:23 am

Yahooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I'm glad there's so many of us addicted to Wonderland :lol:

And yes, where's the party?
Image Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting.
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:11 am

:D :D :D Congratulations Patrick, A well deserved honor. :D :D :D
Keeks
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:38 am

Big congratulations Patrick and all the team. Image

WA is the best Wonderland game in my opinion and definitely deserved to win ( I am a bit biased though :wink: ). Image
Pauline
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:11 am

popo wrote:Big congratulations Patrick and all the team. Image

WA is the best Wonderland game in my opinion and definitely deserved to win ( I am a bit biased though :wink: ). Image
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Post by Midnight Synergy » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:20 am

Yahooo!

Many thanks to the community and everyone who voted. This was obviously not possible without all of your support!!! (I do have an Idea for a little community Thank-You-Gift, but it'll have to wait for a couple months possibly) ;)
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by janetgalle » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:22 pm

Midnight Synergy wrote:Yahooo!
I second that.......... Yahoo!
Congrats Patrick, you deserve it, after all, MS does all the work and we have all the fun.
And way to go all Wonderland Forumites, it was great to see so many come out to vote and show how much MS is appreciated!
Midnight Synergy wrote: Many thanks to the community and everyone who voted. This was obviously not possible without all of your support!!! (I do have an Idea for a little community Thank-You-Gift, but it'll have to wait for a couple months possibly) ;)
We always love your surprises......even though you seem to get a little too much enjoyment out of teasing us for months before hand. :lol:
jg
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:17 pm

janetgalle wrote:
Midnight Synergy wrote: Many thanks to the community and everyone who voted. This was obviously not possible without all of your support!!! (I do have an Idea for a little community Thank-You-Gift, but it'll have to wait for a couple months possibly) ;)
We always love your surprises......even though you seem to get a little too much enjoyment out of teasing us for months before hand. :lol:
jg
Of course he likes doing that... He keeps us waiting for ages for his next Wonderland project, so even if this isn't Wonderland ( :shock: :roll: ), he'll keep us waiting.

Congrats to Midnight Synergy! Wonderland Adventures is my choice for Game of the Year by far... Or any other Wonderland game for that matter :lol: .
Dizzy1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Dizzy1 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:06 pm

CONGRATULATIONS PATRICK!!!!!
I LOVED WA and I'm so glad you WON. That is so cool. 8)

HAPPY NEW YEAR TOO :D :D :D :D :D :D 8)
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Post by Midnight Synergy » Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:39 pm

janetgalle wrote: We always love your surprises......even though you seem to get a little too much enjoyment out of teasing us for months before hand. :lol:
jg
Well, it's nothing big. I'm thinking of a "Thank You" custom adventure, but I'll wait until I get the next update for the WA Editor done.
dlcs18
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by dlcs18 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:22 pm

Congrats WA!!! :D
dlcs18
twohappylane
Rainbow Wizard

Post by twohappylane » Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:40 pm

I am SO thrilled that WA won!!

Susan
Erwin042
Rainbow Star

Post by Erwin042 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:02 pm

Congrats MS for the best game of 2007 ! ! ! ! ! :lol: :lol:

When is that update for the editor due for?
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Post by Midnight Synergy » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:22 pm

When it's done. ;)

I'm aiming for February Midnight Post, but it might not make it.
maxnick
Rainbow Master

Post by maxnick » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:58 pm

GO WA !!!
:D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :)
:stinkyhappy: :piratesmile: :stinkyhappy: :piratesmile: :stinkyhappy: :piratesmile: :stinkyhappy: :piratesmile: :stinkyhappy: :piratesmile: :stinkyhappy: :piratesmile: :stinkyhappy: :piratesmile:
duncan
Rainbow Seeker

Post by duncan » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:47 pm

Sheker 1 wrote:Bah! DROD rules, it has more levels and better community, while wonderland adventures has a mean one! Yes, they look nice but if you do one tinsy bad thing your banned. Not fair.
I think this was anson.
Don't judge a person by his look,but his heart
Anytime, Anyplace, Adventure Always Awaits!
Last edited by Loof on 1/1/19999999999999999 BC; edited 98998 in total.