WA MOFI Difficulty Discussion

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

popo
Rainbow AllStar

WA MOFI Difficulty Discussion

Post by popo » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:32 pm

[Note by MS: I've split this from the general game discussion, since it is a worthwile topic to discuss separately, e.g. to see if something can be done for those of you who find the ending part too difficult.]

I have reached Sundog Island and have totally fell out with it. Everything is getting too hard now. Fast movements and dodging shots is not my idea of fun. I've got 74 stars and have completed all the previous levels with all coins and gems, etc, apart from two in the pirate camp that I cheated on because I was sick of it and wanted to see what else was out there. Disappointed now I'm afraid. If this game is for kids of all ages, including old cretins like me, then the split second timing needed for a lot of the levels is a bit too much I think.

PS. When are we going to get some proper solutions to the difficult levels? I would still like to see what happens in the end.
Pauline
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:13 pm

I'm afraid I agree with you Popo. And we're not the only one whos tired of speed playing. We want more puzzles than fast fingers.
Also, having to cry for help every other level isn't fun either.
Sorry Patrick, this isn't fun anymore, I hope it will improve later on. (and I refuse to cheat, so I wouldn't know, would I?) :wink:
Inger
Norway
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:32 pm

Ya know? I had the same trouble with Secret Worlds towards the end. The levels just got too hard. I don't know if it has something to do with getting forum members to make levels. Maybe they think because they can do them everyone should be able to, and they don't give any leeway for slower, more decrepit players, like me. If MS is responsible then they should be ashamed, it's not doing my fingers or my blood pressure any good at all. :wink: :lol:
Pauline
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Post by Midnight Synergy » Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:56 pm

On the difficulty: I'm sorry to hear about your frustration with the end of the game, popo and salin. The last few levels (some of the Acid Pools and most of Sundog Island) definitely get hard (although only a few of them rely on fast reflexes). It is always tough to make a game that fits everyone's sense of what is too easy or too difficult. As a designer one tends to vear toward the "too difficult" end, because of one's own familiarity with the concepts (although some folks felt that the first Wonderland Adventures didn't have enough really challenging levels).

I'm sorry for your blood pressure, although I'm definitely not "ashamed". ;) 8) I know you were half kidding, but seriously, I'm quite proud of how the game turned out, tough end and all. You might have to use the cheat a few times at the end to see the ending - and obviously only a few players will be able to get all 128 stars (yes, there are lots of extra stars to be found even after the main game is over). On the other hand - it'll probably be a long time before the next Wonderland comes out, so you do have something to come back to once in a while. ;)
Erwin042
Rainbow Star

Post by Erwin042 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:39 pm

Did you see I posted 3 new topics for 3 levels in the Brr section?
I will need help all the time. At that from the levels within the Temple.

You can't loose a split second or you're lost in most levels.
benemily
Platinum Wonderlander

Post by benemily » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:41 pm

Still thoroughly enjoying the game, although some levels are stumping me for days on end. I will never use the cheat code, I will curse, swear and kick the cat before that happens! I am determined to make it to the end - although I swear blind on a couple of the levels we need one more Pop, Brr or Pow - are you sure all levels are possible? I am now up to 92 stars, must get back to the levels I am stuck on!!

Good luck everyone.

Dan.
paidi21
Platinum Wonderlander

Post by paidi21 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:42 pm

I'm currently in the pirate island with 61 starts. I think this is due to i have only played one game in the "back in time level". I don't know if there are also other games than old adventures from previous WA's but in the first game of this level there was no fun for me. Maybe this is due to i had played the triology and the previous WA. It may be funny for someone who does not know the previous adventures of WA. Maybe i will explore that later on, maybe not...

I aggree with Popo and Salin. I don't like fast speed clicking games, also i don't like games which rememberes me to ego-shooters.
In some levels i have the feeling playing old dos games written for a 486 PC on a high end PC today. All things happen or needs to be done so quickly that there comes up no fun when playing the game.
I thought this WA was also written for young player / kids. I do not assume that all of these players are able to solve/play all the games
in the MOFI. Even i have more and more difficulties within the games and i see me as a "normal" player. In the previous WA there were less of such speed levels. From my point of view a higher percentage of puzzle levels would be better.

Would't it not be a good idea to have some opportunities to modificate the games i.e. easy playing / normal playing or hard playing? A lot of other games i had played do have this opportunity but not WA?

For replaying a level i also don't like the idea that i first have to find a guy or place somewhere else in all the levels of the games. Currently i wanted to replay some levels but i could not find the guy i need therfor. The guy is not at the place where it should be....

I'm currently really thinking about stop playing the game. The fun during playing the game decreases more and more with every new level Im currently entering...

But nevertheless, some new features i really like for example turning bridges, grow power..... Nice ideas.

One further note, perhaps for further games???:
Maybe you can think about a history path with "trees" having speed levels in which good reaction is required but do not necessarly being solved to proceed in the whole game (extra bonus points ....).
I think this would avoid frustion of a lot of players. I cannot agree with the admin's comment that previous WA had to less speed/reaction games.
Or did you already followed up this idea in MOFI? Perhaps i'm only not far enough in the game and do have a wrong impression?

Regards Alex (from Germany)
Last edited by paidi21 on Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:03 pm

Definetly, the game becomes way too dependent on quick reactions later on.

For this reason, I'm still heavily contemplating doing a walkthrough for MoFI.

Like I've said before, I've gotten to the end of the game, but I had to skip most of the levels at Sundog, and a few at the Acid Pools to get there.

I would suggest to anyone new to the Wonderland Adventures gameplay style to play the original Wonderland Adventures first.
eeyore31
Rainbow Master

Post by eeyore31 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:03 pm

Hi all. I have to agree with you, Popo and Salin........when the game came out, I was determined to NOT cheat, and get every coin and gem possible to enjoy every inch of the game. .... :roll: I gave up on that idea :lol:

Although I must say again, this has the most beautiful graphics, cool storyline, you can just tell all the time that was put into every detail.....but like previous Wonderland games....alas....I may never see the end or all the extra levels (assuming thats what was meant by more stars).

I DO love the grow, the turning transporters, the baby boomers etc....but the fast fingers thing is beyond me. Perhaps someday in "Qookie's adventures in Scritterville" there could be more optional levels or something. I DO love a good puzzle!!!!

ok, thats my 2 cents.....now back to the temple I go :shock:
Yes, I'm a donkey......
and I'm purple.....
and I am Polly, Minnie's little sister.
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:53 pm

I agree that WA: MOFI is more difficult than WA, but contrary to others I think this is a VERY good thing. All Wonderland games prior to WA has some very difficult levels towards the end both regarding puzzle and action and in my opinion that's how it should be. Everybody might not be able to finish with everything solved, but so what? I have played many many games that I just couldn't finish, but I still had many hours of fun trying and doing it to the best of my abilities. Going back to some of those games later (years later, even) has sometimes led to me getting further or even completing the game, which has given me an even greater feeling of "victory" than if I'd done it the first time around.

To me WA was a bit dissapointing. Visually I liked it a lot, but I think it lacks in challenges. I don't think I'll ever replay WA for that reason - it's just too boring. I still replay the Wonderland games prior to WA and I expect I'll be replaying WA: MOFI too (I have to finish before I start replaying of course :wink: ).

And finally: It's a game. It's supposed to be fun. If it's not: simply stop playing - it's not the end of the world not to finish.

Best,
Mette
\Mette
benemily
Platinum Wonderlander

Post by benemily » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:07 am

I have to agree with Mette, I waited nearly two years for this game and would have been disappointed if I had completed it within a week like the previous WA. I have just completed the 'final' level, although I must go back and finish the six other levels I have left. Superb game, even if i now have severe cramps in my right elbow and hand from endless hours of playing. I will get to 100 stars and find out what happens!
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:05 am

Oooh, looks like I started something. :wink:

I do love MOFI, don't get me wrong, and I do think levels should get more difficult towards the end as you get used to the new powers you've gained, but, as I saw it, every level was too difficult. Can't there be some easier ones thrown in amongst them? Why do they all have to be hard?

Of course, they aren't all difficult for the same reason. Some need too fast movements for me. Some need a lot of brain work - these I don't mind at all. Some just need you to set off blindly and see where it gets you - I don't mind these either if I can actually get somewhere, without being continually bombarded by gunfire or viscious animals.

It would help if there were some official hints/solutions out there, like there have been for the other games, for those difficult levels. Of course, hints and solutions don't help with the fast fingers but they can give you some idea where to stand for the best, or maybe give you some idea you just hadn't thought of. After all, I presume all the levels have been tested and tested and they are all doable.

I will just have to cheat those levels I really can't do and come back to them at a later date if and when there are solutions for them, but I really didn't want to use the cheat code because then I feel I've .... well .... cheated. :(

... and finally ....
Mette wrote:And finally: It's a game. It's supposed to be fun. If it's not: simply stop playing - it's not the end of the world not to finish.
Well for me it is. I paid for this game, I didn't get it free, and I want my money's worth out of it, that means being able to get to the end of it and see the final scenes. It's pointless starting it if you can't finish it, like reading a book halfway through and then leaving it and never knowing the ending.
Pauline
paidi21
Platinum Wonderlander

Post by paidi21 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:59 am

I also want to say don't get my comments wrong. WA-MOFI is a good great game. Some of the players like more challenges like reaction games, the others do like more puzzles. That's life. To find a good mix everyone is happy with is from my point of view nearly impossible.
I too don't like games which you can play within one week.

Maybe in further games the options could be implemented to go through the game in different ways, one way easier and the other way more difficult. Don't know if this would be possible to have in WA. I'm sure that the desinging of the WA-MOFI already had been a lot of work. But cheating level's is not my favourite.

Now Im going on playing a little bit more of WA-MOFI. Have fun...

Regards Alex
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:06 pm

@popo: I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this matter :wink:
\Mette
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:00 pm

Although I have NOT played MOFI for now (you know why) since when Wonderland was about pure puzzling? :twisted:
Every single game had some levels that relied on absolutely perfect timing with no chance to lose a single second.

It may be that MOFI includes more of such levels, but then again, one "Guard Corridor" (from RTW, a millisecond out and you're shot by UFOs) is ten times more frustrating than "Stinker In Peril" (WA, outrun a spikeball by frantic blinking but a lot easier), so if these levels are more like "Stinker In Peril" then count me in.

Of course, if they're like "Guard Corridor"... :x :x :x

Might download the demo now and see if it's as hard as you're talking...
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:01 pm

Muzozavr wrote:Might download the demo now and see if it's as hard as you're talking...
The demo isn't that hard, and I played only a small part in the full version (beyond the demo) and that was a bit harder but definitely not too hard.

But I don't know what's at the end. :? I really hope it's most puzzle levels, and not too much quick-finger or action levels.
mqdar
Rainbow Star

Post by mqdar » Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:11 pm

mette wrote:@popo: I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this matter :wink:
:lol:
So you're the Ice Troll elder!
I've really enjoyed playing MOFI. :D
Sometimes, I would come to a level that I thought was impossible, but then another time, finally, I found the key thing to do, and :idea: . That is always an exciting moment.

When you get to the Pirate Crew, the levels become very difficult, and I didn't know how I would proceed (cheat code? NO). Then... I tried Acid Swamp for a while, trying to get my head around the huge size of it. Right at the end, I thought, "Did I just complete this level? :shock: ". And the answer came: Yes! :D

I have finally got to Sundog Island, into the Ice Troll Fortress, but I know that I'll have to complete many, many levels (from other parts) too. There may not actually be that many, but it does feel like it. The difficulty has been raised to such a high level. Now I'm a lot more convniced that I won't get any further, to the end.
Too action-oriented? Quick reactions? That's strange. It doesn't seem to be like that to me, but I don't know. I've hardly completed anything on Sundog Island. I still refuse to use the cheat, though.
It does seem that there are more levels in Sundog Island than any other part of the game. So difficulty goes up, I get through some levels, and more levels?! What just happened?

I thought that trying to get through levels in Sundog Island would just get tiring, but I've found that getting through one of the puzzles is really exciting. Maybe I'll try a little bit harder now...

WA:

Stinker In Peril isn't that hard, and even Thwart the Thwarts isn't too difficult.
WA had very few truly challenging levels. At the time, I would've found it hard enough, but I've played through the game a few times now, and I've found that they really aren't that hard.

MOFI took a step up in difficulty, but maybe, might that be intended? From WA to MOFI, it seems that each game is more serious, and epic, than the last. You can notice by simply looking and listening. The textures, and the music.
Skype wrote:[7:23:42 AM] Darx: Click here to give me an internet!
[7:23:57 AM] 'a'a: *clicks here*
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:44 pm

Muzozavr wrote:Although I have NOT played MOFI for now (you know why) since when Wonderland was about pure puzzling? :twisted:
This is the real problem in my opinion, it's not pure puzzling but it isn't pure fast reactions either, and unlike WA, the last bit of MoFI feels like 99% fast movements.

Every single game had some levels that relied on absolutely perfect timing with no chance to lose a single second.
Trure, but I can't remember any part where it was almost entirely like that for one whole world.

It may be that MOFI includes more of such levels, but then again, one "Guard Corridor" (from RTW, a millisecond out and you're shot by UFOs) is ten times more frustrating than "Stinker In Peril" (WA, outrun a spikeball by frantic blinking but a lot easier), so if these levels are more like "Stinker In Peril" then count me in.

Ditto here, but they all seemed more or less somewhere in between to me.

Comments in bold
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:21 pm

Qloof234 wrote:
Muzozavr wrote:Although I have NOT played MOFI for now (you know why) since when Wonderland was about pure puzzling? :twisted:
This is the real problem in my opinion, it's not pure puzzling but it isn't pure fast reactions either, and unlike WA, the last bit of MoFI feels like 99% fast movements.
That's just grouping. You can easily group the more action-oriented levels from RTWC and get a very timing-based world. Also, are you sure there are no ways to bypass these fast moves?

True, but I can't remember any part where it was almost entirely like that for one whole world.
See above.

Ditto, I don't want five guard corridors one after the other.

Comments in bold
Comments in italic :lol:
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:00 am

Muzozavr wrote:
Qloof234 wrote:
That's just grouping. You can easily group the more action-oriented levels from RTWC and get a very timing-based world. Also, are you sure there are no ways to bypass these fast moves?

True, but I can't remember any part where it was almost entirely like that for one whole world.
See above.

Ditto, I don't want five guard corridors one after the other.

Comments in bold
Comments in italic :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bypassing fast movements: If it's possible, then my 12-year old mind is unable to find out how.

I don't quite understand what you mean by grouping levels...

Five guard corridors? In a row? That'd be MY video game hell, without question - I like fast games, when they're done like Sonic games - The action moves quickly enough but is easy enough to understand, but if it's like some of the timing levels in Wonderland when you have to move and press keys really fast, provided it isn't the whole stage, I don't mind - but if it's the whole stage I'd probably resort to the universal language of swearing.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:19 am

By that I mean that maybe there are just more puzzle levels in the other areas?! :wink:
Also, five guard corridors are not fun, but five "Stinker In Peril" could be.
But, hey, what do I know...

Could you record a video of one such fast movement level maybe? Doesn't matter if you succeed or fail, I just want to see a sample. (my demo keeps saying "setup files corrupted")
paidi21
Platinum Wonderlander

Post by paidi21 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:31 am

@ Muzozavr:

i just have downloaded the demoversion again (filesize 32,8 MB) and
did a test with Win Xp (SP 3) and Vista (SP1). I had no problems with installation and playing the demo with both operation systems.

I assume you already have tried to download again the demo file and install it again?

Regards Alexl
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:14 pm

Muzozavr wrote:By that I mean that maybe there are just more puzzle levels in the other areas?! :wink:
Also, five guard corridors are not fun, but five "Stinker In Peril" could be.
But, hey, what do I know...

Could you record a video of one such fast movement level maybe? Doesn't matter if you succeed or fail, I just want to see a sample. (my demo keeps saying "setup files corrupted")
Yeah, once I can tear myself away from reading Breaking Dawn for long enough :lol:
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Post by Midnight Synergy » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:35 pm

Thanks for all the comments on this issue so far.

Here are some of my thoughts in response:

On the difficulty:

I defintely agree that WAMOFI is tougher (esp. once you get to the Acid Pools and Sundog Island) than the previous WA. No discussion there.

I guess I do consider that a (mostly) good thing, it will definitely mean that players will have a lot of opportunity to replay and try to perfect their game over a long period of time. I personally am very disappointed with shelling out money for a game that I end up finishing in a few hours of gameplay, so for me this adds value to the game. (I still have many a game in my library that I haven't beaten yet - and look forward to returning to at one point or another).

I do say "mostly" because I also understand that too much frustration will render the game less fun for some people. I guess I feel that those of you who want to "see the ending" can use the cheat code when necessary to skip ahead (and then use Floing, or replay the game at a later point, to get all the levels).

Finally, I don't actually think that the end is that action oriented (Qloof's 99.9% is way out there, I think). In fact, only two levels (The Fuse and Crevace Chase) are primarily action oriented. Yes, most of the levels at this point require a bit of quick fingers for part of a solution, but hopefully the save/load option will help people through this as well. Of course, your definition of "quick finger" may differ from mine. :)

About official solutions:

These will definitely be coming, but a little later on. I made the decision to release the game without having prepped all the solutions first in order to get people the game as soon as possible - knowing that the forum is here for folks to get through the game together. So, yes, solutions will be coming, but not quite yet.

About this issue in general:

I guess - looking ahead at future releases (although that is of course a loooong time away :() - I'd be curious to know if there is a good compromise solution between the "too easy" and "too hard" crowd. I can, of course, make different settings for the game. That would mean either redesigning the puzzles at different difficulty levels (which adds much to the development time) or having many of the tougher puzzles simply deleted in the easier setting. That would mean that players could get to the end of the game easily without using the cheat-code, but would it truly make players enjoy the game more? Or would you just want to then play the "harder" version and experience the same frustration then?

I'm just askin', is all. :)
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:06 pm

Midnight Synergy wrote:(Qloof's 99.9% is way out there, I think)
:oops: :oops: :oops:

Yeah, I guess I'm just approaching these levels from the wrong angle - Which is probably the best reason for it feeling too fast-paced for me.
Gen
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Gen » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:07 pm

I have to agree with Popo, Salin and Eeyore. The lack of progress and success in this game leads to frustration. It is discouraging to restart time after time after time, even with the save function. Depressing too.

I bought MOFI expecting a continuation of WA. To me, WA was just the right mix of challenging fun. The graphics and story of MOFI are great. But, I am very disappointed in the playability of MOFI. If this is any indication of the direction of games that MS intends to produce from now on, this will probably be the last game that I will buy. And this makes me sad as I have enjoyed the original Wonderland, Return to Wonderland, Return to Wonderland Deluxe, Secret Worlds, Wonderland Adventures and the Games Collection DVD. I enjoy games that I can play and find some success, not games that are impossible for me to finish.
eeyore31
Rainbow Master

Post by eeyore31 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:25 pm

Midnight Synergy wrote:

I guess - looking ahead at future releases (although that is of course a loooong time away :() - I'd be curious to know if there is a good compromise solution between the "too easy" and "too hard" crowd. I can, of course, make different settings for the game. That would mean either redesigning the puzzles at different difficulty levels (which adds much to the development time) or having many of the tougher puzzles simply deleted in the easier setting. That would mean that players could get to the end of the game easily without using the cheat-code, but would it truly make players enjoy the game more? Or would you just want to then play the "harder" version and experience the same frustration then?

I'm just askin', is all. :)
Your right, I know we ask for a lot.....everyones idea of too hard is different. Perhaps to make all??? happy, have a better mixture of fast finger vs puzzle levels, and allow the cheat code for all levels.....nothing worse than struggling thru towards the end, just to find out you can't go any farther because you cant get thru one level. Going back thru and getting to play again is much more relaxing.

I dont think the easy AND hard version would work, if it means some levels would not be seen. You know how nosy we are....we'd HAVE to see all levels or feel we missed something :lol:
Yes, I'm a donkey......
and I'm purple.....
and I am Polly, Minnie's little sister.
chrise
Rainbow Seeker

Post by chrise » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:06 pm

Some may disagree, but I personally would say that at this point it is too early on for anyone to judge whether it is too difficult. It is only a couple of weeks since the game was released, and I don't think people should really be expecting to complete it so quickly. I have often felt fed up with a puzzle and found that I seemed to be getting nowhere. In that situation, I think it is best to simply put the puzzle aside for a while, do something else, and come back later when you feel like it.

I admit that the bits relying on fast reactions are different in this respect, but even here I think you might enjoy it more if you only let yourself have a few goes per session, and do not feel that you have to complete the game within a certain time. Also, see if you can spot ways of approaching things that do not require as much of fast reactions, and remember that you do not have to collect all coins and gems.
popo wrote:I paid for this game, I didn't get it free, and I want my money's worth out of it, that means being able to get to the end of it and see the final scenes. It's pointless starting it if you can't finish it, like reading a book halfway through and then leaving it and never knowing the ending.
Does getting your money's worth out of it really just mean getting to the end and seeing the final scenes? I doubt you would really feel that. As a plain story, WAMOFI would not be very interesting. Most of its value is as a game that you can play. And, it even includes a cheat code so that you can just go through the story if you like. I suspect what you really want is the satisfaction of completing something. Well, you can be flexible in how you approach the game: You can choose a set of adventures to complete before seeing the ending, excluding the ones that you feel are frustrating.

As for the possibility of difficulty settings, I do not think there is any need to make this explicit. The way to allow for this in the WA system would just be to allow the main story to be progressed through entirely with easier adventures, with more of them spread throughout the storyline and all of the critical story adventures being relatively easy. The difficult adventures can simply be available but not needed to complete. For differing-difficulty variations of an individual adventure, the coins and gems (and perhaps other collectibles) could be used more extensively as harder-to-collect items.

One thing that I do think perhaps not enough attention has been drawn to is that WAMOFI already incorporates this to some extent: most areas allow you to progress with only some of the adventures complete. If you end up in the middle of an adventure which you can't complete, that is still not a problem: There is an "Abort Adventure" option available from the menu which will allow you to try a different adventure instead. Now, it may be that all the people who are finding it frustrating already know this and are finding that all of the available alternatives are too difficult, but I thought it would be good to mention this in case anyone is not aware.
benemily
Platinum Wonderlander

Post by benemily » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:51 pm

Please Please Please do not make the next version any easier. This game is brilliant. As said we are only two weeks in, and I still look forward to many hours of frustration. I am not an experienced game player, but admittedly I am an old school gamer who doesn't want to reach the end easily in a few days. This is the most challenging game yet and the most fun I have had in ages! I did leave a couple of levels (in spare save slots) so I could practice them whilst still pursuing the ultimate goal of finishing. I have now completed 98 levels and the 'final' level without cheating once so they must be possible. Admittedly I may not have used the perfect solution each time but I will flo back to perfect them at some point - how many games give you that opportunity. I can understand the frustration of some players who wish to finish the game quickly and perfectly but then you would be left without Wonderland until the next game comes out. If it takes me another 3 months to finish the last levels then so be it. Don't get down hearted about not being able to finish the levels easily help will arrive - even if it takes a while. Taking levels out to make an easier game is no different than using the cheat code.
These are just my thoughts, my wife and daughters are very different.
paidi21
Platinum Wonderlander

Post by paidi21 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:01 am

MS,

i have just a stupid question as i'm not that computer specialist:
Can you confirm that WA-MOFI is running on all PC's with different CPU's and operation system with same speed? I have done a short tryout with the demo on my PC with WinXP and Vista and from my personal impression it looks like MS-MOFI ist just running a little bit slower on the Vista operation system. I am wrong with my feeling?
What was the PC configuration / operation system you had tested WA-MOFI? Maybe this makes some differences how you can manage playing MOFI?

Perhaps you can propose a speed Index Programm and give some kind of value you think MOFI should be solvable?

Regards Alex