Wonderland Adventures: CP *DEMO 1 RELEASED!*

Help Topics, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, etc.
maxnick
Rainbow Master

Post by maxnick » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:07 pm

Profile sent :D
Uijt jt nz tjhobuvsf.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:39 pm

WA:CP Review!

1. I've only gotten to the underground area in the Hub where you walk down the stair like path so here is what I have to say:

Excellent game so far I'm really enjoying it! Can't wait for the full version! :D

2. There are a few concerns I must point out though:

Some levels are pretty hard and should be moved to the middle of the game. And by hard I mean the fast reflexes parts.
Is there anyway you could possibly take the boldness off the text? It is a little annoying at times because all the Menu buttons look really pixely.

3. Other then those two things I have pointed out, it is looking great so far! :D
ImageImage
TheCracksOverhead#9565 | Oops, uh oh.
mqdar
Rainbow Star

Post by mqdar » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:44 pm

Qloof234 wrote:@mqdar; That's what worked for me too, opening one gate then running back a bit, then going again and opening the others.
Pay more attention. I said that that didn't work for me, because I always got burnt.
Tutorial (The Basics): What do you guys think of this? Not detailed enough, too detailed, needs moar tutorial stuff?
The tutorial is really good. :D
You forgot to say that Grow spells don't last forever, and that you can make icicles on ice. You did it with Floing, but not Grow. But, wow... we can use the new magic. :shock: :mrgreen:
You can also walk past some of tiles that activate a dialog. You could fix this by:
1. Adding more walls or water to force the player to walk on the right tiles, or
2. Put in more command buttons so that the player has to step on one of them, and deactivate the others in the dialog.
Skype wrote:[7:23:42 AM] Darx: Click here to give me an internet!
[7:23:57 AM] 'a'a: *clicks here*
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:51 pm

Profile sent.
Qloof234 wrote:@ Nobody (The user) & John; Maybe we could combine both of those into one story... What do you guys think?
Sound good.
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:53 pm

@mqdar; Yes, I'm aware it didn't work for you. I'm stating that it worked for me, however. I said "That's what worked for me too", because you said you had used cbloopy's method, which made me think it had eventually worked.

As for the tutorial, I'll be sure yo update it with those settings soon.

@maxnick; Yep, got it. :wink:

@jdl; I'm working on the adventure difficulty issue, it's something that can be fixed, with minor side effects.

As for the text, I'm working on it ATM. Looks good so far, I must say. :lol:
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:33 am

Double-post, but I got the text in - however, there are some letters that mysteriously got their sides cut off a bit. I dunno why, so I'll do my best to fix it.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:43 am

What file did you change to get it bold? Maybe one of us can send you the unmodified file.
ImageImage
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:47 am

The font file itself, but I already got it fixed. It's not bold, but some letters are somewhat warped. Only two problematic letters are Q and W. :lol:
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:13 am

Did you get my Profile Level? :?:
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:20 am

Yeah.

Also, forgot to mention this, the second half of Chasm Chamber (The insane part) has been redone - instead of dodging wayward fireballs, you have to time you way past fireballs that aren't aiming at you.

As for the text, I'm going to try and fix it, or I might have to find another font to use.
sewel5
Rainbow Keeper

Post by sewel5 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:08 pm

Qloof234 wrote: Tutorial (The Basics): What do you guys think of this? Not detailed enough, too detailed, needs moar tutorial stuff?
The tutorial was good! I like how you briefly explained all the magic powers. People don't have to read too much. :lol:

I'd like a better texture though. Something like the wonderfalls texture. The hills texture is a bit lame.
I'll get a toontown membership if I can make bread.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:45 pm

sewel5 wrote:
Qloof234 wrote: Tutorial (The Basics): What do you guys think of this? Not detailed enough, too detailed, needs moar tutorial stuff?
The tutorial was good! I like how you briefly explained all the magic powers. People don't have to read too much. :lol:

I'd like a better texture though. Something like the wonderfalls texture. The hills texture is a bit lame.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I wouldn't go as far as to say it's lame, just... too generic. I can replace it with the WonderFalls texture, though.
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:37 pm

Am I level designer or not?

I still don't know.

:? :lol:

If I'm not maybe I'll release that level separately.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:10 pm

Ack! This is what I get for being unobservant. :oops:

If you still want to, then yes, you can be a designer.

EDIT: AGH WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME
:lol:
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:35 pm

Okay then I'll be a designer. :P
JohnEmmanuel143
Rainbow Seeker

well

Post by JohnEmmanuel143 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:32 am

Qloof234 wrote:Ack! This is what I get for being unobservant. :oops:

If you still want to, then yes, you can be a designer.

EDIT: AGH WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME
:lol:
Must be hard days....:lol:
!!!!!!WA:TMS Announcement!!!!!!!
The Link to the Current Page is HereAnd
Here!
Thank you For your Support ^_^
AJQZC
Rainbow Wizard

Post by AJQZC » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:28 am

Okay, the game is fun :D , but there is a lack of storyline. In fact, I have to admit that the levels are merely scattered all over the place with different backgrounds, without a specific idea on how one suddenly gets there. :oops:

Some of my suggestions to help with the plot:

1. Firstly, we can change the starting point to a big house in a garden, where the player meets all the "designers" who will activate adventures once talked to. We will expand the house if necessary (with inclusion of more designers). Only after all of them are introduced will the player be able to leave the garden and continue to the next part.

2. Next, we should plan a large map of which the adventure will take place (for example, the central part is the town, the northern part the islands, the eastern part the hills). Then, we can design Hub levels with the plan.

3. Besides, we need to decide specifically the order in which the player visits. In that way, we can change the difficulty of the adventures and arrange them in the order in which the player visits them.

4. Last of all, we need to have a main storyline. This is the most important, or the player will just go wondering about and not know where to go next.

Any comments, or feedback? 8)
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:51 pm

I thought we already got a storyline earlier in the thread. :?
JohnEmmanuel143
Rainbow Seeker

uhm,

Post by JohnEmmanuel143 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:40 am

If were gonna need a map,then were gonna need some Function over here!

You know,to turn a picture of a glove into a real glove by setting it's function to Glove.....

Somehow,I prefer AJQZC's Idea!Like meet all the Makers,
but I gotta make a house,One problem!
Qloof,Can i build a profile with two levels?(Like the first floor and the stairs?)
!!!!!!WA:TMS Announcement!!!!!!!
The Link to the Current Page is HereAnd
Here!
Thank you For your Support ^_^
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:00 pm

Yeah, that's fine with me.
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:03 pm

Prefer it to what? :?
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:14 pm

What the system is already like, I think.

I'm fine with changing the hub areas a bit, but the adventures should be left "as-is" in my opinion (except of course the difficulty issues)
AJQZC
Rainbow Wizard

Post by AJQZC » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:11 pm

Next things...

1. Whenever we save a game, the title of the game appears to be wrong.
2. The "Thank you for playing the Demo" ending (for MoFI) remains.

:oops:
AJQZC
Rainbow Wizard

Post by AJQZC » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:12 pm

:shock:
Last edited by AJQZC on Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:53 pm

AJQZC wrote:Are we going to stick to this? :shock:

AJQZC wrote:Okay, the game is fun :D , but there is a lack of storyline. In fact, I have to admit that the levels are merely scattered all over the place with different backgrounds, without a specific idea on how one suddenly gets there. :oops:

1. Firstly, we can change the starting point to a big house in a garden, where the player meets all the "designers" who will activate adventures once talked to. We will expand the house if necessary (with inclusion of more designers). Only after all of them are introduced will the player be able to leave the garden and continue to the next part.

2. Next, we should plan a large map of which the adventure will take place (for example, the central part is the town, the northern part the islands, the eastern part the hills). Then, we can design Hub levels with the plan.

3. Besides, we need to decide specifically the order in which the player visits. In that way, we can change the difficulty of the adventures and arrange them in the order in which the player visits them.

4. Last of all, we need to have a main storyline. This is the most important, or the player will just go wondering about and not know where to go next.

What is "this"?
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:30 pm

AJQZC wrote:Next things...

1. Whenever we save a game, the title of the game appears to be wrong.
2. The "Thank you for playing the Demo" ending (for MoFI) remains.

:oops:
This, I don't know how to fix. It seems to be internal game data, and only through some major hacking would we likely be able to fix that.
Nobody wrote:
AJQZC wrote:Are we going to stick to this? :shock:
Okay, the game is fun :D , but there is a lack of storyline. In fact, I have to admit that the levels are merely scattered all over the place with different backgrounds, without a specific idea on how one suddenly gets there. :oops:

What is "this"?
I'm assuming that "this" means the planning process AJ (you don't mind if I call you that, right?) came up with.

As for the process, yes, we can use this. I think that it's a pretty good idea, but we need to know that the designers are okay with this.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:12 pm

Sounds good to me!

About the demo message, to get rid of that, you would need the full version of MOFI and override the files with the WACP ones. But we can't hand out the "full version" of WACP because you could easily take all the files that are in the MOFI demo from MS's site, (yes, the whole MOFI game is in the demo! :? At least I think so. I know it was like that with the WA demo.) and override the CP ones with the MOFI ones!!! :shock: Why their in the demo, I'll never know...
ImageImage
cbloopy
Rainbow Master

Post by cbloopy » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:37 pm

jdl wrote:(yes, the whole MOFI game is in the demo! :? At least I think so. I know it was like that with the WA demo.)
You sure? I remembered looking and finding a lot less files and folders under Data\Adventures in the MOFI demo compare to the full version.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:47 pm

What cbloopy said.

In the Demo (MoFI), there are only 18 Adventures folders - as we know (since MoFI has more stars than WA), that's nowhere near the real amount. :wink:
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:42 am

If I remembered correctly, I was looking at the Hub files, but I might be wrong all together! I do remember that their was something though...
ImageImage