A Preview of What is to Come...

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
maxnick
Rainbow Master

Post by maxnick » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:11 pm

Com Rante wrote:
Wait, did the USB physically break, or was it just empty???
None of my computers would recoginize it. I'm guessing it got full of too much dust or something of the likes.
Well perhaps you could bring it to a computer store or something and they could fix it for you?!
Uijt jt nz tjhobuvsf.
Com Rante
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by Com Rante » Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:39 am

I'm afraid I can't do that. I already got rid of the USB. :(
mqdar
Rainbow Star

Post by mqdar » Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:55 am

2yu556 wrote:
Com Rante wrote:
Wait, did the USB physically break, or was it just empty???
None of my computers would recoginize it. I'm guessing it got full of too much dust or something of the likes.
Hmm... Interesting, I happen to have a plan for a rainbow area within The Rainbow World for my MOFI hub, where I ask if I can use your textures for it?
You don't need to ask to use my textures, they're free for anyone's use. I don't even need you to credit me, so just go ahead and use them.
You know Com Rante, we now have all the proper tools to make Hubs! Do you still want to abandon Rainbow's End?
Although I find the idea of creating a more traditional WA hub interesting, Rainbow's End isn't designed with that formula in mind.
Wait how does one make a hub? That would be fairly useful for me.
I'm currently writing a guide to all the fancy new stuff (and that includes creating hubs!), but at the moment I'm not trying to put any effort into it. Give me some time to write the whole thing. :wink:
Skype wrote:[7:23:42 AM] Darx: Click here to give me an internet!
[7:23:57 AM] 'a'a: *clicks here*
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:12 am

mqdar wrote:I'm currently writing a guide to all the fancy new stuff (and that includes creating hubs!), but at the moment I'm not trying to put any effort into it. Give me some time to write the whole thing. :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
mqdar
Rainbow Star

Post by mqdar » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:11 am

Qloof234 wrote:
mqdar wrote:I'm currently writing a guide to all the fancy new stuff (and that includes creating hubs!), but at the moment I'm not trying to put any effort into it. Give me some time to write the whole thing. :wink:

What's so funny?
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:29 am

mqdar wrote:
Qloof234 wrote:

What's so funny?
"... but at the moment I'm not trying to put any effort into it."

Either that or I just laugh really easily. :wink:
mqdar
Rainbow Star

Post by mqdar » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:07 am

Qloof234 wrote:
mqdar wrote:
Qloof234 wrote:

What's so funny?
"... but at the moment I'm not trying to put any effort into it."

Either that or I just laugh really easily. :wink:
It seems that sometimes we uniquely laugh at certain things, even things that aren't really funny. :lol:
Boppelist
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Boppelist » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:31 am

mqdar wrote:It seems that sometimes we uniquely laugh at certain things, even things that aren't really funny. :lol:
That's tyteen's job! :lol:
:D Image :D
sewel5
Rainbow Keeper

Post by sewel5 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:28 pm

Boppelist wrote:
mqdar wrote:It seems that sometimes we uniquely laugh at certain things, even things that aren't really funny. :lol:
That's tyteen's job! :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'll get a toontown membership if I can make bread.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:24 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The problem with tyteen is he even says "lol" when he logs on Skype... :lol:
mqdar
Rainbow Star

Post by mqdar » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:37 pm

Qloof234 wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol:

Qloof, you just reminded me! I have Hypercam 2 now, so I could try making a video tutorial. The only problem is, to explain everything without commentary is pretty hard, but I'm too scared to do that, and I don't even really know how to. :?
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:43 pm

mqdar wrote:

Qloof, you just reminded me! I have Hypercam 2 now, so I could try making a video tutorial. The only problem is, to explain everything without commentary is pretty hard, but I'm too scared to do that, and I don't even really know how to. :?
It's ok! The pressure is off whenever the video is done being recorded. Soon, you will able to record things, upload them, and feel nothing at all! :)
ImageImage
TheCracksOverhead#9565 | Oops, uh oh.
mqdar
Rainbow Star

Post by mqdar » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:49 pm

jdl wrote:
mqdar wrote:

It's ok! The pressure is off whenever the video is done being recorded. Soon, you will able to record things, upload them, and feel nothing at all! :)
Are you talking about recording a video, or the problem I'm having to do with it?
Don't expect me to do it, but how do you get commentary in your video anyway? Do you have to connect a microphone to your computer and change a few settings?
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:57 pm

All you need is a microphone, and check the box that says: Record Sound. Then set it to 16 bit and then 44100 Samples per sec. and your ready to go! :D
ImageImage
TheCracksOverhead#9565 | Oops, uh oh.
mqdar
Rainbow Star

Post by mqdar » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:48 pm

jdl wrote:All you need is a microphone, and check the box that says: Record Sound. Then set it to 16 bit and then 44100 Samples per sec. and your ready to go! :D
Well then, I do have a problem. I had a microphone once, but I seem to have lost it. :(
mqdar
Rainbow Star

Post by mqdar » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:07 am

Ok, I've found the microphone. Now I have another problem.

When I record my mouse moving around the screen with HyperCam and then play it, the mouse moves far too quickly. The same thing happens with the WA Editor, but there's a lot of slow-down going on too, and it looks even worse. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:19 am

That is the worst thing about Hypercam 2. It sets the FPS to God knows what without telling you, causing things to... kinda go on an acid trip. :lol:

Somehow, I managed to bypass this, but I honestly have no clue how. It just kinda happened. :?
mqdar
Rainbow Star

Post by mqdar » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:45 am

Qloof234 wrote:That is the worst thing about Hypercam 2. It sets the FPS to God knows what without telling you, causing things to... kinda go on an acid trip. :lol:
Acid trap? I'm not sure I've heard that exprssion before. Could you explain it?
Somehow, I managed to bypass this, but I honestly have no clue how. It just kinda happened. :?
Hmm... I've tried a few things, but I haven't been able to get the slow-down yet. Could you tell me the settings you used?
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:24 pm

mqdar wrote:
Qloof234 wrote:That is the worst thing about Hypercam 2. It sets the FPS to God knows what without telling you, causing things to... kinda go on an acid trip. :lol:

It's an internet term used when things start acting differently than the way you want them to. Like how Hypercam doesn't work properly, for instance.
Hmm... I've tried a few things, but I haven't been able to get the slow-down yet. Could you tell me the settings you used?
Comment in bold.

As for the settings...

FPS: 10
Keyframe every 100 frames
Cursor/Full frame capture ratio (?): 1

It works fine on the odd occasion that I use it, so those settings might work. :)
mqdar
Rainbow Star

Post by mqdar » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:29 am

Qloof234 wrote:
mqdar wrote:

It's an internet term used when things start acting differently than the way you want them to. Like how Hypercam doesn't work properly, for instance.
Comment in bold.

As for the settings...

It works fine on the odd occasion that I use it, so those settings might work. :)
Actually, those aren't the settings I'm looking for.

OMG, so now, to make things even worse, Windows Media Player decided to stop working. :roll: "The enumerator has become invalid." was the error. So how do I get it working again?
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:38 am

mqdar wrote:
Qloof234 wrote:
mqdar wrote:

Comment in bold.

As for the settings...

Actually, those aren't the settings I'm looking for.
Oh, okay. Which settings are you looking for in that case?

mqdar wrote:OMG, so now, to make things even worse, Windows Media Player decided to stop working. :roll: "The enumerator has become invalid." was the error. So how do I get it working again?
Enumerator? I honestly have no idea what that means. :shock:

Assuming that you're running on XP, even if I got that error, the solution for it might be different (I'm running on Vista, but I do want to get back on XP sometimes.). :?
mqdar
Rainbow Star

Post by mqdar » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:46 am

Qloof234 wrote:Oh, okay. Which settings are you looking for in that case?
Actually, I'm not sure. :lol: :?
Enumerator? I honestly have no idea what that means. :shock:
Neither do I.
Assuming that you're running on XP, even if I got that error, the solution for it might be different (I'm running on Vista, but I do want to get back on XP sometimes.). :?
Yes, I'm on XP.
I tried reinstalling Windows Media Player, but the error didn't go, so it must be about this 'enumerator' thingy. But the problem is, there's no help given (on the Windows Media Player site) for that error. :(

When you record your YouTube videos, do you use HyperCam 2?
Maybe HyperCam is written for slower computers or something...

EDIT: P.S., would you like to go on Tyteen's chat?
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:56 am

I use Camtasia Studio for my videos, editing and recording, but it's 300$.

I'll get on Tyteen's chat a bit later, because I got some other work I need to get done in the meantime. :wink:
mqdar
Rainbow Star

Post by mqdar » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:01 am

Qloof234 wrote:I use Camtasia Studio for my videos, editing and recording, but it's 300$.
Great! Not.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:03 am

It's totally worth it in my opinion - the recorder actually WORKS on Vista and XP, there's a lot of stuff to do with the editing (Way more than Movie Maker), and it doesn't crash as much (I dunno if this is exclusive to me, all Movie Maker does if I try editing a video is freeze).

Another idea would be Fraps - somewhere between 20 - 30 dollars, and it records fine.
mqdar
Rainbow Star

Post by mqdar » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:11 am

Qloof234 wrote:It's totally worth it in my opinion - the recorder actually WORKS on Vista and XP, there's a lot of stuff to do with the editing (Way more than Movie Maker), and it doesn't crash as much (I dunno if this is exclusive to me, all Movie Maker does if I try editing a video is freeze).

Another idea would be Fraps - somewhere between 20 - 30 dollars, and it records fine.
Yeah, Fraps is just perfect, but having only 30 seconds is really not enough. There's not really much reason for me to buy a recording program, however. What would I do with it?

Yes, it feels good to say, "This actually WORKS!" doesn't it? :lol:
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:13 am

mqdar wrote:
Yes, it feels good to say, "This actually WORKS!" doesn't it? :lol:
So true, so true. :lol:

Especially since modern technology is compatible with everything. [/sarcasm]

Actually, to be honest, I'm surprised that I can pull off some of the stuff I do on Vista (i.e. WA .wop hacking). :lol:
cbloopy
Rainbow Master

Post by cbloopy » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:15 am

Qloof234 wrote:I use Camtasia Studio for my videos, editing and recording, but it's 300$.

It's totally worth it in my opinion
I'm not familiar with video recording and editing software, but I can't help but think there's a cheaper middle ground between "free" and "$300".

Anyway, when I first got into making video solutions for MOFI, I searched the forums and found this topic where Mark talked about this "CamStudio". It's free to download and might be a free version of what Qloof234's using with less features. It's not great but it worked tolerably for my video solutions (at least those w/o sound anyway). Give it try if Hypercam's giving you and your computer such grief.
mqdar
Rainbow Star

Post by mqdar » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:15 am

Qloof234 wrote:Especially since modern technology is compatible with everything. [/sarcasm]
:lol: :lol: :lol: OMG that was so crack-up when I read it. :lol: :lol: :lol:
mqdar
Rainbow Star

Post by mqdar » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:18 am

cbloopy wrote:Give it try if Hypercam's giving you and your computer such grief.
So HyperCam is the culprit is it? :roll: :lol: