PHILOSOPHY ON OUR EXISTENCE

For discussion of non-Wonderland topics - please read rules!

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

PHILOSOPHY ON OUR EXISTENCE

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:55 pm

Nothing will come of reading this (non)topic, of which it is not. If you continue to read this (non)topic I will become upset. "I," however, is an understatement, as I don't exist and since this (non)topic, of which it is not, was written by me, who also is not ... (?) If I, in the fundamental sense of the word, which is not, is not, then we must question our, also nonexistent, underlying beliefs. Therefore, we must ask ourselves, which we aren't, who IS? While this appears to be a topic, the very topic it tries to represent lies outside of what this truly is. The latter was not a question. Is this not not a question?

Must we live our lives, which aren't, according to the principles of not, which are not? Then what is it? WHAT? Is it W, which is not, H, which is not, or I, which is not either? Are you there? No. Am I here? No. Well then, WHO IS? We know: YOU, not the U symbolic, but you pronomial. But let's not be absurd. Let's not label our own labels. Otherwise we are making this topic a topic. AND THIS MIGHT NOT BE A TOPIC!!! Why? Because you aren't. So, ah, all who aren't, are, and those who are, are not. But wait, this means that if one, being not one, is not, then they of course must not be, then won't, but were, now aren't, then is, but not ... one. Ah, it is all now apparently obvious, no?

Yet the question, which may not be, still exists on whether or not this (non)topic is truly not. Discuss.
Master Wonder Mage
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Master Wonder Mage » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:04 am

No. Just no. The only thing that was true in all that was that I am not a topic.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:17 am

I don't understand. Why is it false?
LittleZbot
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by LittleZbot » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:38 am

The past 30 seconds were very interesting.
To Shorty, who was immortalized in an adventure.
To Marinus, who was my community older brother.
To Janet, who I will remember every time I wear a toque.

May these lost Wonderlanders find true adventure beyond us.
Discord: LittleZbot#3936
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:50 am

LittleZbot wrote:...

The past 30 seconds were very interesting.
How so? Or were they not, in which case you were using particular internet sarcasm for your own gratification?
Master Wonder Mage wrote:The only thing that was true in all that was that I am not a topic.
To clarify things, I was not referring to your relations to a particular topic. You just aren't. However, how can you be so sure that you're not a topic? A topic could be one, so one theoretically is, in which case that brings up the point in which a topic actually is. Your very existence could take place only in your mind, where you might not be, and yet, you could be in actuality, but in some cases, you just aren't. There's no way of being sure of what is and what is not, is there, or is there not? Do recall that topics greatly contrast from possible nontopics, which seem to argue against our possibility of being.

Here, let me bring up another argument for our relations to (non)topics. For those of you who have played Portal 2, you'll recall that Cave Johnson wants to burn your house down with combustible lemons. How is this possible? Due to being a fictional character, Cave Johnson isn't, and will never truly be. And yet, in-game, Cave Johnson is. Actually, in his case, he's dead, so technically, he isn't in terms of liveliness. The lemons will never be, but if people want to derail such a sophisticated discussion, then I will indeed make the lemons be, and I will truly burn your house down with no regrets and no mercy. (Non)topics only exist on the internet and Cave Johnson and his lemons only exist in the reality of video games. Do we only exist on the plane of life, or is there more to it?
Master Wonder Mage
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Master Wonder Mage » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:59 am

AHHH! YOU'RE CONTRADICTING YOURSELF!!! And, as in this case a topic refers to something on the internet, then it does exist just as the internet exists. If the internet didn't exist, then I wouldn't know of you. If I didn't know of you, then I wouldn't be typing this. If I weren't typing this, but yet I am, all reality would be a contradiction.
TheThaumaturge
Rainbow Master

Post by TheThaumaturge » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:00 am

O Mai. You just played with my mind. Now I'm confused. :lol:
Into The Rainbow!

Next Adventure: The Federation: 0%

Gentleman Scientist Supreme.

MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:10 am

Master Wonder Mage wrote:AHHH! YOU'RE CONTRADICTING YOURSELF!!!
That's what it seems like. That's what makes this philosophy so confusing. It'll be worth it, though. If we can figure out what truly is and what can or cannot be (or even be somewhere in between), it would surely be a benefit to the entirety of mankind's neurogical processes, if not just for this forum. Just imagine, we could control our very existence and we'd be able to simply choose to ... not be.
Master Wonder Mage wrote:If I weren't typing this, but yet I am, all reality would be a contradiction.
So if you didn't make that post, all of reality would contradict itself? Where did you gain such influence? Did you perhaps totally be without the slightest hint of not being in any iota?
TheThaumaturge wrote:O Mai. You just played with my mind. Now I'm confused. :lol:
I'm not surprised. "Being" and "not" are very difficult and confusing concepts to grasp, given our complicated existence, or possibly, our nonexistence. Who knows? Maybe we're just not not not at all. Or maybe we're both or neither.
Master Wonder Mage
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Master Wonder Mage » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:12 am

And besides, what if the alleged video game characters play video games about us? How do we know that they are not making the rooms we walk in? If that is true then we come to the question: "What is real?" Are dreams realer than what we call wakefulness? Is this topic realer than the maker of it? If life is a contradiction as your posts suggest, then anything is possible including Cave Johnson and his lemons.
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:45 am

Master Wonder Mage wrote:No. Just no. The only thing that was true in all that was that I am not a topic.
Actually, none of it was true, you topic.
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
boywhoflies
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by boywhoflies » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:19 pm

I see what's going on here. We think we might be living in a video game and were saying this stuff hoping someone will yell at us for breaking the 4th wall. *shot*

Actually, MWM, you are a topic. Think about it, if we talk about you, you're the topic. By that logic, which works, evreything that is real(or not real) is a topic.
Mr. Robot never dies! :D

Chatroom
Master Wonder Mage
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Master Wonder Mage » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:10 pm

I may on occasion be the topic, but I am not a topic.
boywhoflies
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by boywhoflies » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:46 pm

You are a topic. You are not only a topic, though, as you are human.

It's actually satisfying to talk like that. :lol:

Chatroom
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:05 pm

Nobody wrote:
Master Wonder Mage wrote:No. Just no. The only thing that was true in all that was that I am not a topic.
I don't understand as to why it is false.
Master Wonder Mage wrote:And besides, what if the alleged video game characters play video games about us? How do we know that they are not making the rooms we walk in? If that is true then we come to the question: "What is real?" Are dreams realer than what we call wakefulness? Is this topic realer than the maker of it? If life is a contradiction as your posts suggest, then anything is possible including Cave Johnson and his lemons.
The question of "What is real?" depends on how much you consider something to be being. In terms of being in Portal 2, Cave Johnson is, but anything beyond that, he isn't, because Portal 2 is not. Or is it? Your post suggested that we could possibly live inside of a video game played by a video game character, yet we have our own sentience. But then again, video game characters believe to have their own sentience as well. If we live in a video game and we play video games that have characters playing the video game about us playing a video game about them playing a video game about us, etc etc etc, it would be an infinite loop; a paradox, you could call it. Many of us believe that this (non)topic is, in fact, a paradox, which isn't a bagel, which might be, in which case it's not a paradox. And yet, there are paradoxes specifically related to bagels, in which case the paradox would be, as would the bagel. However, this is a theoretical bagel that exists only in our minds, where it is. However, outside of our minds, it isn't, which brings up my "scale of being" theory again.
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:55 pm

MyNameIsKooky wrote:
Nobody wrote:
I don't understand as to why it is false.
If the falsity of the topic is not disproven, then it is a nontopic, but as to the reversibility of the world, it cannot be so. Speaking on your literal plane of knowledge, that which you seek is not something you have. it is more a chain that a loop, and we as in us are a relatively high link to the lower links, with many appropriately higher links. It is known who is, as truth is undeniable except by people who are wrong. As for your attempt at wordplay, some can decipher that there is no answer. All things are now, but most were not and will not be. Is is relative, but it is not a lie. Also, going into the conclusion of this rebuttal, things are not all one thing, but are in essence many things with different beginnings and endings. The truth of one having long ago been brought to light and seen nonexistent, before it was ever thought to exist, proves that these theories are all misguided and deceitful. Also, Master Wonder Mage is a topic.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:04 pm

Nobody wrote:If the falsity of the topic is not disproven, then it is a nontopic, but as to the reversibility of the world, it cannot be so. Speaking on your literal plane of knowledge, that which you seek is not something you have. it is more a chain that a loop, and we as in us are a relatively high link to the lower links, with many appropriately higher links. It is known who is, as truth is undeniable except by people who are wrong. As for your attempt at wordplay, some can decipher that there is no answer. All things are now, but most were not and will not be. Is is relative, but it is not a lie. Also, going into the conclusion of this rebuttal, things are not all one thing, but are in essence many things with different beginnings and endings. The truth of one having long ago been brought to light and seen nonexistent, before it was ever thought to exist, proves that these theories are all misguided and deceitful.
DADDY DADDY DADDY
Nobody wrote:Also, Master Wonder Mage is a topic.
Yes, that has been proven - his influence makes him a very powerful topic, at that, and one may combust if he wills it.
Nobody wrote:If the falsity of the topic is not disproven, then it is a nontopic
Anything can be referred to as a topic to talk about, thus everything is a topic, and yet this could be a nontopic (which is why I referred to this particular topic as a (non)topic, barring the possibilities of an untopic). It can't be both a topic and a nontopic... could it?
Emerald141
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Emerald141 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:22 pm

Master Wonder Mage
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Master Wonder Mage » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:32 pm

Ok. If you create a topic then it can not be a non-topic. That is the first and most obvious untrue point in your philosophy. You have contradicted yourself by stating that I am not a topic yet in your last post you said that I am a very powerful topic. If my influence is great enough to make me a very powerful topic, then you, the top poster on the forum who has created a partial hub, several custom adventures, several RTW levels, and several complete GM games, must be an even greater topic than me. Therefore, you saying that you are not a topic is also false.
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:23 pm

A topic may be called a thread. If I create a topic, is it a thread or a non-thread?
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
boywhoflies
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by boywhoflies » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:31 pm

Good point. The (non)topic is a thread.

Chatroom
Master Wonder Mage
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Master Wonder Mage » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:31 pm

Maybe.
All topics are topics.
No topics non-topics.
Therefore, no topics are non-topics.

However, if:
Some (could refer to all) topics are threads.
No threads are non-threads.
Therefore ...?
boywhoflies
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by boywhoflies » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:53 pm

Topics can be threads. Threads can be topics. If a thread is not a topic it's a non-topic.

Chatroom
Master Wonder Mage
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Master Wonder Mage » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:57 pm

But this is a topic. As MyNameIsKooky created a new topic, according to the forum itself, it is a topic. You cannot create a topic which is not a topic unless the subject is ___________ and the message is:
boywhoflies
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by boywhoflies » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:29 am

True.

Chatroom
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:13 am

tyteen4a03 wrote:A topic may be called a thread. If I create a topic, is it a thread or a non-thread?
A (non)topic is essentially a synonym for a (non)thread. However, a topic cannot be a (non)thread and a (non)topic cannot be a thread because they have different levels of being, but that all depends on what scale of being you tend to use to measure one's existence.
Master Wonder Mage wrote:Ok. If you create a topic then it can not be a non-topic. That is the first and most obvious untrue point in your philosophy.
Wrong. How can you be so sure that the topic won't disappear and what you're reading right now is a total hallucination caused by the 20 tons of beer that a rip in the space-time continuum has been throwing into your system?
Master Wonder Mage wrote:You have contradicted yourself by stating that I am not a topic yet in your last post you said that I am a very powerful topic.
Did you read one of my above posts? I already said that you're not a topic, as in a topic on the forum. When I said "you aren't," I was referring to your basis of being. My apologies for this misunderstanding. However, you, as a topic of conversation, suggested that you had a great amount of influence on the universe as we know it:
MyNameIsKooky wrote:
Master Wonder Mage wrote:If I weren't typing this, but yet I am, all reality would be a contradiction.
So if you didn't make that post, all of reality would contradict itself? Where did you gain such influence? Did you perhaps totally be without the slightest hint of not being in any iota?
Please make sure you read the topic before you make ridiculous claims about me being wrong in the slightest, unless you just forgot about it from the amazing aura of your brain processing all of this and getting one step closing to controlling your own being.
MyNameIsKooky wrote:If my influence is great enough to make me a very powerful topic, then you, the top poster on the forum who has created a partial hub, several custom adventures, several RTW levels, and several complete GM games, must be an even greater topic than me.
Yes, I am a great topic. However, you showed your hidden powers that I do not seem to possess. See above about what you said about how reality would contradict itself if you didn't make that particular post.
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:16 am

*bursts in*

PETITION OF SOMETHING ABOUT MWM BEING A TOPIC:
This document is written so as to prove that Master Wonder Mage is a topic. If you sign it you agree to be held accountable for any claims that Master Wonder Mage is not a topic, unless no one feels like it. Anything you say can be used against, you, with liberty and justice for all.

SIGNATURES:

Nobody
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:18 am

The general consensus seems to be that Master Wonder Mage is indeed a topic of conversation - one that could change the world as we know it, but he seems to be shunning the theory. He's hiding something, I think! If he tells us everything he knows, maybe we'll get all of our answers!
This document is written so as to prove that Master Wonder Mage is a topic. If you sign it you agree to be held accountable for any claims that Master Wonder Mage is not a topic, unless no one feels like it. Anything you say can be used against, you, with liberty and justice for all.

SIGNATURES:

Nobody
MyNameIsKooky
Master Wonder Mage
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Master Wonder Mage » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:24 am

MyNameIsKooky wrote:
No. What I was saying was that if I could be doing something, yet not doing something, then everything could be able to be a contradiction. If one thing has proved something possible, then why couldn't and shouldn't everything be able to do the same thing. In other words, its impossible to be able to do something yet not do it.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:28 am

Master Wonder Mage wrote:
MyNameIsKooky wrote:
No. What I was saying was that if I could be doing something, yet not doing something, then everything could be able to be a contradiction. If one thing has proved something possible, then why couldn't and shouldn't everything be able to do the same thing. In other words, its impossible to be able to do something yet not do it.
Ah. You made me think you meant you had a great influence. It sounded like you were referring to yourself in two different tenses, creating a sort of "what if?" You're still an important topic, though.

Anyways, don't go forgetting about parallel universes which do make the "being and not being" contradiction possible. Do consider the scale of being. I typically refer to being at the maximum, but make sure you're clarifying whether you're just referring to one universe or several - one universe may be not, but another may be - after all, they're two different universes.
boywhoflies
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by boywhoflies » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:42 am

Master Wonder Mage wrote:
MyNameIsKooky wrote:
Actually, you can. Lets say, you can go punch your monitor but you can avoid doing it.

Chatroom