Obsolete Cmd 4 Discussion

Help Topics, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, etc.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Obsolete Cmd 4 Discussion

Post by Jutomi » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:13 pm

Just out of curiosity, is there a command that speeds up or slows down spikies or zapbots?

Because, if so, I could really use it!

If not... well, I am sure I can think of an other way.
Last edited by Jutomi on Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:17 pm

Good news, I did find an other way, but it's much harder. :P

I'd still like to know, though. :D

Krishiv738
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Krishiv738 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:54 am

The Cmd could be modify object/4
I am getting outta here, nothing is new, everything is boring.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:59 am

I've already experimented with that. Whatever CMD4 does, it's most likely not that.
Krishiv738
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Krishiv738 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:36 am

Qloof234 wrote:I've already experimented with that. Whatever CMD4 does, it's most likely not that.
What it does?
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:42 am

It doesn't actually seem to do anything. I remember reading someone had it end up making all the NPCs in their level immediately head towards the upper-left corner of the level, but I didn't manage to get any effects out of it myself.

EDIT: Wait, thinking about it... The wording in Emerald's guide gave me an idea.

Going to experiment a little bit, see if I can figure out what it does, if anything.
Last edited by Qloof234 on Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:45 am

Maybe it's supposed to be a secret command..?

Krishiv738
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Krishiv738 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:20 am

Qloof234 wrote:It doesn't actually seem to do anything. I remember reading someone had it end up making all the NPCs in their level immediately head towards the upper-left corner of the level, but I didn't manage to get any effects out of it myself.

EDIT: Wait, thinking about it... The wording in Emerald's guide gave me an idea.

Going to experiment a little bit, see if I can figure out what it does, if anything.
Cmd4 example

Target object:Fireflower(ID 1)

Data1:1(ID)
Data2:0(0 in the Data0(magic modifier of fireflower))
Data3:1(fireflower will be ice flower)
Data4:NOPE
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:25 am

BREAKTHROUGH. What Krishiv said just above is basically correct.

For one thing, the gem is indeed rotating sideways, like the square-shaped gem does. However, it's not just that - picking up the gem gives 250 points, as well!

So basically, my hypothesis (y'know, the one I never told anyone) was correct - Command 4 allows you to change an object's individual settings.

From Emerald's guide:
Emerald141 wrote:8.4. Command 4: Modify Object
Command: 4
Data1: Object ID
Data2: Object modifier you want changed
Data3: What you want the modifier changed to
Data4: Not used
Data2 is the object's in-Editor parameters - Data0, Data1, Colour, all that stuff. It doesn't seem like it can reload textures or models, but it can change functions. Having said that, if you use CMD4 then reload a level, the model/texture will reload properly.

Which means: I was wrong, you can use this to change a Spikeyball/Chomper's speed!

Now, having said that, here's the thing: The Data2 command parameter. It works on numbers, obviously, so it's hard to tell what does what. I haven't actually managed to get a concrete list down yet. What I can say for sure is that the numeric value for Data0 (which is Shape for gems, and Colour for a few other objects) is 23.

I've gotten results with two objects. There's the gem, of course, but the other one I've managed to get a reaction out of is the Glove charger (after editing the .wop file to add an ID parameter). As for what it does...

That was done with only a single glove-charger and a CMD4 button. Yeah, I think you can guess. :wink:

So basically? This one command is actually incredibly powerful.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:57 am

MY UNDERSTANDING OF THIS COMMAND HAS GONE RIGHT OUT THE WINDOW
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:06 am

This is beautiful!

Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:21 am

Honestly, I think the ability to change a Glove Charger's magic on its own is enough for some people. I've already had a few ideas on how that could be used.

Saying that, there's still definitely a lot to this, and I have no idea how the other parameters and numbers are related (except that for NPC's - stinkers at least - 6 is their greeting line). I'm too tired to do more searching right now, but maybe later.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:59 am

Honestly, I'm way too noob to use command buttons or wop editing for now... but this is amazing.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Krishiv738
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Krishiv738 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:32 am

Hehe,I KNEW IT,IT WOULD WORK THAT WAY!!!
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:50 am

Even so, understanding what it does and using it in action are different things entirely.

I tried looking at the editor .exe in XVI32 to see if I could find an in-built order to object settings. That's where I got 23 for Data0 from, but according to that list, YawAdjust should be 9, but it actually alters Type/SubType (which is a pretty big difference!). There's something more going on here, but I have no idea what.

During this searching, I also discovered what DefensePower is. It's the NPC greeting voice clip option. :lol:

(yes, really)

EDIT: Actually, on that note, a theory. Certain variable functions are fixed (such as Data0, perhaps), while others vary depending on the object.

This would explain the NPC's flocking towards 0,0, as well as other oddities (I experimented with a Wee Stinker and managed to get it - while asleep - to stand up, walk to 1,1, and go back to sleep, for instance). This'd also explain why values don't seem to match up from the .exe to the actual command.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:43 pm

Qloof234 wrote:Which means: I was wrong, you can use this to change a Spikeyball/Chomper's speed!
I've always wanted a faster dragonturtle. Of course, PowerWop could let you do that too to some extent, but this command looks more convenient once you figure out what the data aligns to on different objects' behaviors.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:35 pm

Well, okay, experimenting a bit further, I think the values for different parameters are fixed. I'm not entirely sure - I also can't explain how CMD4 results in some of the weirder stuff (NPCs heading towards the corner of the level).

So, for one thing, this means that once we've figured out the list, it'll follow the same rules for each object (except maybe NPCs?).

On the other hand... I have no bloody clue where to start in figuring out what values do what. The lists I've found in the .exe appear to have no relevance to this, which is something I find very confusing. Having said that, I'm pretty sure (by which I mean, "don't take my word on this because I'm not absolutely certain") that Data0 through Data9 are 23 through 32.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:41 pm

I renamed this because it's not just asking what command does what; it's asking about what this specific command does.

I hope to see what we could modify. :D

Pawelec
Rainbow Master

Post by Pawelec » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:15 pm

Oh no :cry:

There are no doubts CMD 4 is a God Command. And those who have power tend to overuse it. This means we're going to be flooded with tons of new but ugly CMD 4 abusing adventures...
"Let us return to the past; it will be progress."
by Giuseppe Verdi
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:17 pm

Don't worry, I won't do that! :mrgreen:

Honestly, I don't think I am going to even be using it very often.
I thought about using it to change my zapbot's speed, but because it's remote controlled, I think it'd actually break the adventure as apposed to improving it.

Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:28 pm

I'm only really looking into this for the sake of documentation. From what I can tell, a lot of stuff that can be done with this command is stuff we can already do anyways.

I wouldn't worry about people suddenly making super-masochistic adventures using this. CMD4 is powerful, but honestly it doesn't really afford us that much in the way of new things to do.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:52 pm

So far, Data0, Data1, and Data2 are universal. This leads me to believe that all values are, and simply have different/no effects on certain objects.

My experiments (which were very brief and mostly useless) were on a Stinker, a gem, a Scritter, and a key.

Data0 controls a Stinker's eye/shoe colour, a gem's shape, a Scritter's colour, and a key's colour. Setting it to 0 for a Stinker or above 3 for a gem causes a crash, as they don't exist (Stinker eye/shoe colour values start at 1, for some reason). Reloading the level causes the models/textures to reload - If you change a gem's shape, it'll start behaving like its new logic, but it'll retain whatever model it had before.

Data1 controls Stinker expressions, a gem's colour, and a key's subcolour. It doesn't have any apparent effect on a Scritter.

Data2 controls a Stinker's hat (and I mean, really, what else would you ever need this command for). It has no apparent effects on the other objects.

Data0 is value 23, Data1 is 24, and Data2 is 25.

Just to give an idea on the kind of stuff this command does.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:47 pm

You could use it to control zapbots' speed?

Or, maybe switch which direction a moobot is facing...?

Or... which way it turns? :shock:

Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:28 am

Pawelec wrote:Oh no :cry:

There are no doubts CMD 4 is a God Command. And those who have power tend to overuse it. This means we're going to be flooded with tons of new but ugly CMD 4 abusing adventures...
Ugly? You must mean AWESOME! I can already see how I'll be using this for my upcoming tennis matches and storyline levels.

EDIT: Exactly as QLoof says. I won't be unfair! Or at least not too unfair. :twisted:
Last edited by Wonderman109 on Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:39 am

So long as the level isn't unfair because of CMD4 overuse, I don't see a problem.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:39 am

Okay, some more complete notes on what parameters are what numbers...

Code: Select all

1 - ??? Something to do with movement involving proximity to player (for Scritters, Wee Stinkers, etc.)
2 - 3 - N/A
4 - NPC X destination (can't set Y, always 0)
5 - N/A
6 - DefensePower (actually NPC Greeting)
7 - N/A
8 - ID
9 - Type (Object logic3
10 - SubType (sublogic)
11 - Active
12 - ActivationType
13 - ActivationSpeed (Odd numbers and 0 do not work)
14 - Something to do with TimerMax1? Not sure
15 - Number of frames remaining in TimerMax2
16 - TimerMax1
17 - TimerMax2
18 - N/A (Timer?)
19 - N/A (WaterReact?)
20 - 22 - N/A
23 - 32 - Data0 to Data9 (main object modifiers)
Anything above 33 has no apparent effect. Yes, I'm fully aware that there are missing parameters - None of the X/Y/Z/Scale/Yaw/etc. Adjusters are there, and I can't find any values that seem to correspond to them. The other missing parameters are Talkable (dialogue number for an NPC), MovementSpeed (don't worry, this is different to the movement speed setting that Spikeyballs and such use), and Exclamation (NPC particle effect).

The Data# parameters are listed as "main" because they're used in almost every object, albeit under a different name - Data0 and Data1 are Colour and SubColour for keys and gates, Data2 is a Spikeyball's speed, and so forth.

Something of interest - It seems (emphasis on seems) that using CMD4 instead of a direct .wop edit is more stable with model/logic-swapping. There are still some logics that are incompatible (NPC Stinker logic, for instance). Having said that, I've been able to do things such as making an NPC use UFO logic, which resulted in this when I pow'd it:

That looks familiar, now doesn't it? :lol:

Anyways, yeah. This command is, in a way, the "root" command of the entire game. You can alter almost every single parameter and setting with this. Having said that, an emphatic request: If you're going to use this, please be reasonable with it. :)
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:53 am

I sure will do. :mrgreen:

I wonder if that'd mean that you could have an adventure with selective one-time-use glove charges, and change the colours of them to what you want - or need - at the time.

It'd sound simple, and yet might be a hum-dinger at the same time. :mrgreen:

Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:57 am

You very well could. The thing is, you'd have to give the glove charger a unique ID - since the .wop doesn't have those by default, you'd have to add them.

This is the part where you go show Kooky all your love and adoration for making PowerWop :P :wink:
Krishiv738
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Krishiv738 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:14 am

Ah,it looks like I had discovered how CMD 4 works
Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Sammy_P » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:18 am

Krishiv738 wrote:Ah,it looks like I had discovered how CMD 4 works
um