So, about deleting topics. *URGENT*

Archive of the first decade of Off Topic Posts
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Wed May 05, 2010 2:17 am

I could be a moderator, but I'd mess things up and turn the place into a book-y (don't know how to spell that flower thingy, but close enough) of happy singing gerbil dudes.
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Wed May 05, 2010 10:52 am

Everyone wants to be a moderator. :lol:
Qloof234 wrote:
billy bob wrote:I could never be a moderator, only because no one thinks it's a good idea. :wink:
You'd make a good moderator in my opinion, it's just when there's a topic about a missing period in a forum section description that I wonder what's going on :lol:
I would not post about the dot if I were a moderator, I would make the dot (if moderators can do that), if I couldn't then I would not do anything since it is disliked. :wink:

And I did notice the missing dot. :lol:
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Thu May 13, 2010 3:05 am

Bump.

Patrick, we need a response on this. I'm part of the younger community of users, and I'm losing faith in the forum very quickly. This is a huge issue, and it needs to be fully resolved.
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Thu May 13, 2010 6:33 pm

Ah well. There's forum I'm on that allows games. It's very dead, but there's just enough people that the most mindless games get the occasional posts. Maybe a rare discussion topic.
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Fri May 14, 2010 2:57 am

Qloof234 wrote:Bump.

Patrick, we need a response on this. I'm part of the younger community of users, and I'm losing faith in the forum very quickly. This is a huge issue, and it needs to be fully resolved.
It is making me feel that Patrick is avioding the issue by not solving it.
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Post by Midnight Synergy » Fri May 14, 2010 4:04 am

Hi,

at this point there will not be additional moderators for the forum. The off-topic is a mess, and I think everyone agrees on that. I'm actually considering closing it all-together, at least temporarily. Some time ago the agreement seemed to be that most of the silly stuff would be moved to tyteen's wonderforum, but that hasn't happened at all. Why not?

As far as the IRC post is concerned - my apologies. If you're storing really important stuff on the forum, make sure to keep a backup yourself. There's no guarantee that things are not lost on this forum - and especially on the off-topic section, where I have stated before that posts are kind of treated as "disposable", i.e. open for clean-up and removal.

Patrick
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Fri May 14, 2010 4:33 am

Mostly because WonderForum is an external site and users doesn't want to move over.

If you would really want to close Off-topic section it would be the best if the topics inside were all moved to WonderForum. (and of course there are ways to do that) or else you know, they would be unhappy that they lost their 300 pages+ wefight.
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Fri May 14, 2010 4:36 am

The main reason WeFight and its sub-topics haven't been moved over to WonderForum is apparently because MyNameIsKooky isn't allowed an account on another forum, right? :?

@Patrick; Yeah, I need to find the IRC log - I should be able to get the rules out of that so I can make a text file instead of keeping them in a thread here.
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Fri May 14, 2010 4:44 am

Qloof234 wrote:The main reason WeFight and its sub-topics haven't been moved over to WonderForum is apparently because MyNameIsKooky isn't allowed an account on another forum, right? :?
And the fact that they do not want to lose their 318+ (and still counting) pages of wefight.

Yes, a move of the topic and the related user IS possible, it is just the fact if Patrick trusts me or not.
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Fri May 14, 2010 6:51 pm

Midnight Synergy wrote:Hi,

at this point there will not be additional moderators for the forum. The off-topic is a mess, and I think everyone agrees on that. I'm actually considering closing it all-together, at least temporarily. Some time ago the agreement seemed to be that most of the silly stuff would be moved to tyteen's wonderforum, but that hasn't happened at all. Why not?
WHAT CLOSE OFF-TOPIC!?

If you compare this 'mess' to the rest of the forum, you will find that with off-topic closed there will be little to no new posts on this forum (except user RTW levels). I do not wish BOTH of the only two forums I'm on to be dead (or reduced to level upload sites).
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Fri May 14, 2010 7:35 pm

Midnight Synergy wrote:Some time ago the agreement seemed to be that most of the silly stuff would be moved to tyteen's wonderforum, but that hasn't happened at all. Why not?
I have no idea. I post in there the most, but I can't play forum games on my own. :roll: :|
Nobody wrote:WHAT CLOSE OFF-TOPIC!?

If you compare this 'mess' to the rest of the forum, you will find that with off-topic closed there will be little to no new posts on this forum (except user RTW levels).
Why can't you just pretend that Wonderforum is just another section of this forum? :?
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Fri May 14, 2010 7:40 pm

Eh, okay. THIS forum will still be dead though, in reality.
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Fri May 14, 2010 7:43 pm

Nobody wrote:Eh, okay. THIS forum will still be dead though, in reality.
But we will all be happy (or less sad) if we pretend reality is that Wonderforum is another section of this forum.
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Fri May 14, 2010 7:44 pm

My imagination isn't THAT good.

OH MY GOSH A FLYING PIG! *chases butterfly*
Emerald141
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Emerald141 » Tue May 25, 2010 11:39 pm

Some forumers live by the rule that they can only have an account on one forum. (i.e. MyNameIsKooky) Wonderforum might not work out for those ones.

I see no problem with bringing back the 'silly section'. It's time this forum had it again.
DEVINT
Rainbow Seeker

Post by DEVINT » Wed May 26, 2010 12:33 am

I think a silly section would help more.Or mods.
Also you can do forum games in my forum too:p
(my forum is in my siggy
I'm one of those odd guys who doesn't enjoy the WA series