So about forum games...

Archive of the first decade of Off Topic Posts
^_^
Rainbow SuperStar

So about forum games...

Post by ^_^ » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:22 am

...There should be a new category in the forum index or in off-topic. ALL forum games should be moved there (WEFIGHT TOO!). This is just a suggestion to "clean up" Off-topic.
If you can look at my avatar for 19 minutes, without closing your eyes, you must be great.
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:32 am

Click me to the Activities and Games forum in WonderForum, which replaced the Off-topic discussion forum for forum games

Alright, I am starting to think that MS does not want to solve the existing problems at all.

Options available currently:
Option 1 is highly recommended while we have option 2 as an alternative.
1. Merge the official forum into WonderServices. This means that the official forum will be using WonderForum's system. WonderServices will be either moved to MS's current server or stay on WonderServices' current server.
Current Administrators of WonderForum will be Super Moderators (or if MS agrees to have them stay as Administrator). I will be the Tech Admin and/or Admin while (of course) having MS as admin. New moderators for RTW and WA downloads will be also chosen.
The current users, posts, etc will be transferred to WonderForum without limitations.
Levels, etc will now be in a new download system (which can be used as RTRTW's new level upload system)
Current rank system can stay with enhanced permission system or just decorative ranks.
Bans will be transferred.
The forum will no longer require manual verification since we have reCAPTCHA and Custom Verification questions.
2. Hire moderators to forums or just have moderators moderate the whole forum.
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
^_^
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by ^_^ » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:37 pm

Ill choose 2. but i am not an Admin. -_- :lol: -_-
If you can look at my avatar for 19 minutes, without closing your eyes, you must be great.
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:12 am

1. Too different.

2. I wish, but he doesn't listen.
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:35 am

Nobody wrote:1. Too different.

2. I wish, but he doesn't listen.
For option 1, what do you mean?
Problems with option 1:
1. To do the move MS has to let me have the FTP (?), MySQL and probably temporary admin
2. Currently we don't even know where to move
3. I don't actually have a idea on moving all the levels to the download system, users might have to manually move their levels.

Option 2: Yeah, I think he is getting ignorant.
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
ben-09
Rainbow Master

Post by ben-09 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:51 am

tyteen4a03 wrote:Click me to the Activities and Games forum in WonderForum, which replaced the Off-topic discussion forum for forum games

Alright, I am starting to think that MS does not want to solve the existing problems at all.

Options available currently:
Option 1 is highly recommended while we have option 2 as an alternative.
1. Merge the official forum into WonderServices. This means that the official forum will be using WonderForum's system. WonderServices will be either moved to MS's current server or stay on WonderServices' current server.
Current Administrators of WonderForum will be Super Moderators (or if MS agrees to have them stay as Administrator). I will be the Tech Admin and/or Admin while (of course) having MS as admin. New moderators for RTW and WA downloads will be also chosen.
The current users, posts, etc will be transferred to WonderForum without limitations.
Levels, etc will now be in a new download system (which can be used as RTRTW's new level upload system)
Current rank system can stay with enhanced permission system or just decorative ranks.
Bans will be transferred.
The forum will no longer require manual verification since we have reCAPTCHA and Custom Verification questions.
2. Hire moderators to forums or just have moderators moderate the whole forum.
Your missing the best option, which is to create a "forum games" section on this forum. :wink:
Generation 59: Community experiment. The first time you see this, take the generation # and add 1. Put in your signature.
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:11 am

ben-09 wrote:Your missing the best option, which is to create a "forum games" section on this forum. :wink:
Then WonderForum would not need to exist.
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
ben-09
Rainbow Master

Post by ben-09 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:15 am

tyteen4a03 wrote:
ben-09 wrote:Your missing the best option, which is to create a "forum games" section on this forum. :wink:
Exactly!
Generation 59: Community experiment. The first time you see this, take the generation # and add 1. Put in your signature.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:46 am

ben-09 wrote:
tyteen4a03 wrote:
Exactly!
cool post bro

Seriously though, I hope to God you're not being serious. MS has said several times that WeFight is going to be the only forum game staying. While I disagree with that, it's how things are staying for now. The collective decision was to move forum games to WonderForum - Tyteen's fansite - and yet progress has been remarkably slow on that end.

Either way, it's a fansite. It's got just as much of a purpose as this forum does. It's not any worse off - in fact, the post quality on WonderForum is much higher than it is here because there's actually some moderation going on there.