Discussion of the Rules Nobody Finds Silly. [Edited]

Archive of the first decade of Off Topic Posts
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Discussion of the Rules Nobody Finds Silly. [Edited]

Post by Marinus » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:18 pm

[Edit: Topictitle changed, which was: "Hey Patrick, did you find your scissors back?"]

First, if I made a mistake: If posts have been disappeared for some strange mysterious cause, and you have nothing to do with it, in that case: my apologies, just good friends and please stop reading.

[Edit: Empty lines removed]

But otherwise I've something to say to you. I was replying on a topic of ^^^^^, named "My (or meeeeh) signature", and when I clicked the "preview" button I got the message: Sorry but you can only reply on posts on this forum. :shock: When I went back to the subforum, I saw the topic has disappeared. Also; there were not so many topics of ^^^^^ as there were before, so there have disappeared more topics.

Just in case you were thinking: ^^^^^ has made so many topics, and actually saying nothing important, well then I agree with you. But I think simply "snipping" topics or posts is not the way. Of course since you're the "god" of this forum you can delete posts or topics, You also can "snip" this post, but I think we better can have a good talking about it.

At the moment I saw the topic had disappeared I had written this:

I think I was talking a bit off-topic in my previous posts; the title says: My signature, well, actually not exactly, but someone with a real username who tries to write correct English (not sure if I write correct English, but at least I try. 8) ) would probably say: My signature. So let's talk about my signature.

You all should know that I'm not really creative if it's about thinking new signatures. As far as I remember the text of my signature never changed since I joined the forum. So actually I'm very boring about signatures. And to be honest; I'm
Image about it.

That text was from the time that everyone had special dates in a year to wish each other the best wishes: Happy new year, merry christmas, lucky Sinter Clous, funny Easter, good 4th 5th and 6th of july or quatorze julliet (whatever you may write that), best Valentines day and :shock: halloween.

Actually I would have written much more but right now I'm a bit tired of it. Maybe I'll continue later.
Last edited by Marinus on Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:37 pm

If I'm right it happened again. And this time, maybe it was the best way, I'm not sure.

Because, in my opinion, there was only talked nonsense.

First, there was nobody who asked no question. (But in fact somebody with a real username, who posted real question marks) Do you understand? I don't!

Then there was someone with no real username (only a silly combination of random letters and other characters like ~ and ' which nobody knows how to pronounce it) and with a terribly annoying intrusive, obtrusive, pushy, flashing avatar :evil: , who quoted no word of someone else; only a part of a word! Do you understand? I don't!

And then there was a third one who thought he/she knows what's appropriate. He/she only didn't say what he/she was talking about.... Do you...? .....

So....... maybe it's better that the topic is deleted. But actually I'd rather talk about things to make things clear, but well... I don't know what's appropriate and what's not. :?
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:56 pm

1st person: A spammer,

2nd person: ^_^,

3rd person: billy bob

(no offense to anyone listed, except the spammer who should be very offended, come back, and get IP banned for something bad)
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:00 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: (Sorry I seem to be a spammer too, posting nothing else then :lol: :lol: :lol: )
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:12 am

Seriously take billy bob off from the list. AFAIK he has nothing to do with this.

Sadly this is part of Patrick's ignorance about the forum. He won't care.

(also, it's ^_^)
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:13 am

You're right Tyteen; Billy Bob has nothing to do with this, and neither does ^^^^^... eh... I mean ^_^ :lol:

But sometimes it's kind of funny to say things which are not true on a special way,
like also lots of people wrote:You must die!
while they don't really want someone to die.
I think that's also a reason that Nobody wrote:... no offense to anyone listed .....
because those two people had nothing to do with that. :)
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Post by Midnight Synergy » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:04 pm

Hey....

Yes, sometimes the scissors come out, and sometimes a few topics in "Off-Topic" get axed by accident. I have apologized for this before. My scissors are really weed-whackers, so a few extra blades of grass get chopped from time to time. :)

The current state of "Off-Topic" is just so close to a general silly forum (with so many random/nonsense posts and topics), I'm almost considering axing the whole thing.

(Which I won't... yet. But I'm considering a new idea which I'll float by you guys in a little bit).
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:28 pm

We had a "Silly Stuff" sub-forum, and even though some people STILL posted silliness in off-topic... it did help. So, PLEASE put it back! It was a great idea!
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:21 pm

Midnight Synergy wrote:The current state of "Off-Topic" is just so close to a general silly forum (with so many random/nonsense posts and topics), I'm almost considering axing the whole thing.

(Which I won't... yet. But I'm considering a new idea which I'll float by you guys in a little bit).
I agree, but for some people it can be fun to talk nonsense, and the definition of nonsense is not for everyone the same.

On the other hand I understand it's not easy to keep everything going perfect on a forum. Anyhow, we'll wait for your new idea. :)
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:39 pm

Axing Off-topic down is definitly not the solution - it would just make half of the forum (mostly youngsters) rage, making the forum even quiet.

Can't wait to hear the idea ;)
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
Blast!10
Rainbow Star

Post by Blast!10 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:04 pm

^ What he said. It's not really worth deleting a whole forum just because of some random silly topics, is it? If anything, the topics should be removed, not the forum. Getting rid of the off-topic forum will leave no place here for social talk.
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:12 pm

^What he said. Peer pressure, and I also agree.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:27 am

I've gotta agree with everyone else. The Silly Stuff forum really needs to come back.

Also, moderators and stricter forum rules. I've noticed a lot of stuff in off-topic that's against the rules with nothing done about it.
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:44 am

Qloof234 wrote:Also, moderators and stricter forum rules. I've noticed a lot of stuff in off-topic that's against the rules with nothing done about it.
And better forum software. I recommend vB3 (and only vB3)

3.studIo rules can be an example.
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
~xpr'd~
Rainbow Star

Post by ~xpr'd~ » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:09 pm

@tyteen; This software is fine. I don't see any reason to change. Sure, it's a bit old, but who cares?

@q; exactly. I know, I've broken a few rules from time to time, and I know I shouldn't have, but hasn't everyone? And now more people are because there's only one person actually enforcing them who isn't even on daily.
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:19 pm

~xpr'd~ wrote:@tyteen; This software is fine. I don't see any reason to change. Sure, it's a bit old, but who cares?
phpBB2 is SERIOUSLY outdated. The latest version of phpBB2 was released in 2005/6, and is still using outdated php3 syntaxes (sp). Compared to vB3.5 and IPB2.0(?) which were released at about the same year, phpBB2 lacks many features that vB and IPB have.

I myself do not recommend phpBB3 because the admin cp is way less user-friendly and it really lacks the plugin system other forum software has (even MyBB) considering the need of a download system rather than a forum for RTRTW.
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
~xpr'd~
Rainbow Star

Post by ~xpr'd~ » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:22 pm

It doesn't matter. The forum is fine now, why go to the trouble of changing it all?
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:48 pm

~xpr'd~ wrote:It doesn't matter. The forum is fine now, why go to the trouble of changing it all?
Because it:
-uses the advantage of latest techologies making the forum more feature-rich and stable
-is supported
-has a wide varity of mods, e.g vbulletin.org
-has less chance to be hacked
-more
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
DEEMAN223344
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by DEEMAN223344 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:56 pm

And loose everything that's on here already?! NYO!
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:05 pm

DEEMAN223344 wrote:And loose everything that's on here already?! NYO!
Heard of ImpEx or even, a forum converter?
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:08 pm

As long as the following are kept in descending order of importance to me:

Wefight

Wefight-The Game

wONDeRLANDfight

Space Quest

I'm Broke!

Lyglo

I'll stay.
^_^
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by ^_^ » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:54 pm

Some of you mean this? :
If you can look at my avatar for 19 minutes, without closing your eyes, you must be great.
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:52 pm

Nobody wrote:As long as the following are kept in descending order of importance to me:

Wefight<Will need to follow new rule at 3.studIo but that doesn't matter very much does it? I mean, who would break the -fights rule?

Wefight-The Game

wONDeRLANDfight

Space Quest

I'm Broke!

Lyglo

I'll stay.
All threads will be kept.
3.studIo Forum RPG/-fights forum rule
1. You may kiss with limited detail. If this rule is continually violated we will resort to a kiss-on-cheek rule.
2. Blood with violence is allowed, but with little detail.
E.G:He lunged and hit the guy with his sword. When looking down he saw blood was on his sword.
E.G:He felt something painful and looked at his arm to discover blood.
This is the maximum detail you can have.
3. Violence is allowed, but still with little detail. Some examples of ok terms of violence to use are: striking, stinging, and thrusting. There will be more open terms when fighting against “Evil Doers”
4. Use of weapons is allowed.
5. If you use pictures, please make sure they are PG-rated.
-Skirts and dresses must be to the knees (unless leggings/tights/pants are under them) The leggings/tights/pants MUST be to the knees as well.
-No horribly low-cut tops or extreme v-necks, unless there's something under it.
-All characters must be wearing a shirt and skirt/shorts/pants or a dress.
-No non PG-rated poses [this includes gestures]
-No blood or gore in pictures-
-No bellies in pictures

6. Do not spam. Spam is defined as Small Pointless Annoying Messages, so short posts such as "Kim was bored so she ate an apple" and "Nick walked along." are not allowed. 1-2 small sentences are generally (but not always) counted as spam, and will be deleted when found. There will be no exceptions.
7. If 2 RPGs/-fights are copies of one another we will delete the most recent regardless of its popularity.
8. No God Modding. God Modding is controlling someone else's character without their permission or being all powerful.
9. When you see a post or RPG/-fight contain inappropriate material or, the material is against the rules, please instead of complaining about it within the RPG/-fight, just use the report button.
10. When you receive a PM from a RPG Moderator, whether it's for a strike or warning, please respond. When you don't, if makes us question whether you received the PM or if you even care.
11. Please note that all normal site rules apply to this forum.
12. Please DO NOT create rules that are in conflict with the site rules.
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Technos72 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:58 pm

Midnight Synergy wrote:Hey....

Yes, sometimes the scissors come out, and sometimes a few topics in "Off-Topic" get axed by accident. I have apologized for this before. My scissors are really weed-whackers, so a few extra blades of grass get chopped from time to time. :)

The current state of "Off-Topic" is just so close to a general silly forum (with so many random/nonsense posts and topics), I'm almost considering axing the whole thing.

Is that why my topic of intentions for WA: Legends of the Rainbow in General Wonderland Discussion was deleted?
DEEMAN223344
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by DEEMAN223344 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:22 pm

tyteen4a03 wrote:
Nobody wrote:As long as the following are kept in descending order of importance to me:

Wefight<Will need to follow new rule at 3.studIo but that doesn't matter very much does it? I mean, who would break the -fights rule?

Wefight-The Game

wONDeRLANDfight

Space Quest

I'm Broke!

Lyglo

I'll stay.
All threads will be kept.
3.studIo Forum RPG/-fights forum rule
1. You may kiss with limited detail. If this rule is continually violated we will resort to a kiss-on-cheek rule.
2. Blood with violence is allowed, but with little detail.
E.G:He lunged and hit the guy with his sword. When looking down he saw blood was on his sword.
E.G:He felt something painful and looked at his arm to discover blood.
This is the maximum detail you can have.
3. Violence is allowed, but still with little detail. Some examples of ok terms of violence to use are: striking, stinging, and thrusting. There will be more open terms when fighting against “Evil Doers”
4. Use of weapons is allowed.
5. If you use pictures, please make sure they are PG-rated.
-Skirts and dresses must be to the knees (unless leggings/tights/pants are under them) The leggings/tights/pants MUST be to the knees as well.
-No horribly low-cut tops or extreme v-necks, unless there's something under it.
-All characters must be wearing a shirt and skirt/shorts/pants or a dress.
-No non PG-rated poses [this includes gestures]
-No blood or gore in pictures-
-No bellies in pictures

6. Do not spam. Spam is defined as Small Pointless Annoying Messages, so short posts such as "Kim was bored so she ate an apple" and "Nick walked along." are not allowed. 1-2 small sentences are generally (but not always) counted as spam, and will be deleted when found. There will be no exceptions.
7. If 2 RPGs/-fights are copies of one another we will delete the most recent regardless of its popularity.
8. No God Modding. God Modding is controlling someone else's character without their permission or being all powerful.
9. When you see a post or RPG/-fight contain inappropriate material or, the material is against the rules, please instead of complaining about it within the RPG/-fight, just use the report button.
10. When you receive a PM from a RPG Moderator, whether it's for a strike or warning, please respond. When you don't, if makes us question whether you received the PM or if you even care.
11. Please note that all normal site rules apply to this forum.
12. Please DO NOT create rules that are in conflict with the site rules.
NYO.
Wefight shouldn't have to change at all. Otherwise it isn't wefight. The rules that are changed + Wefight = What's this?! This isn't wefight! Bye Bye = It being worthless to move it.
Anyways, MyNameIsKooky wouldn't be able to join. Wefight - MyNameIsKooky = Chaos.
~xpr'd~
Rainbow Star

Post by ~xpr'd~ » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:28 pm

blah
Last edited by ~xpr'd~ on Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:28 pm

@Wefight - MyNameIsKooky = Chaos: Especially with you around.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:30 pm

Nobody wrote:@Wefight - MyNameIsKooky = Chaos: Especially with you around.
Yes.
~xpr'd~ wrote:blah
You and your silly "downhill thread" pictures.
DEEMAN223344
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by DEEMAN223344 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:37 pm

My Idea: A Video Games Discussion forum where people can post their games made with game maker. Wefight would go here too. This would go in "Other".
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:40 pm

My Idea: A Fun & Games section for forum games, stories, and miscellaneous. (Wefight happes to fit into all these anyway.)