ignore this topic, do not reply

Archive of the first decade of Off Topic Posts
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:01 pm

Marinus wrote:Rules are only tools. Tools which can be used to fix a problem. When it's possible to fix that problem, without tools, you don't need to use them. And when there's no problem at all, those rules/tools are totally unnecessary.
By the definition of rule, that is incorrect.
Qloof234 wrote:
billy bob wrote:
Qloof234 wrote:
billy bob wrote:But then no one will realize I am right and everyone will continue to be off-topic.
Once again - the rules are subject to interpretation. The closest example I can think of is the Bible. You can read it, and say "I think Jesus meant this, I think Jode meant that" and someone else can reply with "oh no, it meant this" - Ergo, while you can see something as an obvious fact, someone else can see it as rather obscure or opinionated, and not a fact.
OK, why do the people that think the rule means to be not off-topic unless the real reason this topic exists has stopped think the rule means to be not off-topic unless the real reason this topic exists has stopped?
Different people have different ways of thinking, so their definition of off-topic could be entirely different to yours.
But it's about the definition you find in a dictionary, not in someone's mind.
Qloof234 wrote:
billy bob wrote:
Qloof234 wrote:
billy bob wrote:
Marinus wrote: [Edit: forgot a few words] it = pointing out the rules to him/her[/] is annoying --- (in some people's opinion)
But they have to listen to it otherwise they will keep doing the same thing. And that same thing, is against the rules.
That's quite true, the rules have to be listened to. It is, however, annoying for some users if the rules are continuously pointed out to them by another user when - by their own interpretation - they aren't breaking any rules.
But they are breaking rules. The rules say not to do things that they are doing.
Once again, there's no right or wrong answer until MS defines it. In your opinion, they're breaking the rules, which is fine, but in someone else's opinion, they aren't. For example, the rule about inappropriate material - one person could find something that they think is perfectly fine and post about it, but it ends up offending another user based on their views and conclusions.

A good example is the Higurashi no Naku Koro ni thread. In my opinion, it's appropriate because we don't post pictures or videos of what happens in the show (because if we did it would definitely be breaking the rules IMO), but just talk about it. In tyteen's opinion, since the show itself is definitely inappropriate, having a topic about it is too.
According to the forum rules, it is OK.
Marinus wrote:
There are so, so many users that do. I shall send them all to MS!
I can't read Patrick's mind either, but I think he's going to be very tired of you soon.
Well if he does then he's not really taking care of the forum (sorry if that was offensive).
Marinus wrote:But, well, it's your decision, do what you (think you) have to do.
I know that.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:40 pm

billy bob wrote:
Qloof234 wrote:
billy bob wrote:
Qloof234 wrote:
billy bob wrote:But then no one will realize I am right and everyone will continue to be off-topic.
Once again - the rules are subject to interpretation. The closest example I can think of is the Bible. You can read it, and say "I think Jesus meant this, I think Jode meant that" and someone else can reply with "oh no, it meant this" - Ergo, while you can see something as an obvious fact, someone else can see it as rather obscure or opinionated, and not a fact.
OK, why do the people that think the rule means to be not off-topic unless the real reason this topic exists has stopped think the rule means to be not off-topic unless the real reason this topic exists has stopped?
Different people have different ways of thinking, so their definition of off-topic could be entirely different to yours.
Except that's not how it is. The dictionary is just as subject to interpretation as the rules themselves are. The definition of spam is essentially a pointless, time-wasting message with nothing of interest or value to it. That's fine.

However, it's still up to interpretation. The definition is solid, but whether something falls into that category isn't.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:11 pm

BB I was almost about to ask you if I had made you feel upset, or uncomfortable, since you didn't say anything for a while. So I'm glad you posted something, but you didn't say much though. So let me ask you; did I make you feel ..... ?

Another question: Why do you hide your own opinion behind rules, dictionaries, administrator's opinion, etc. ?

No matter if you believe in Adam and Eve dancing around the tree with the forbidden fruit, or you believe in Darwin Of The Apes, jumping through the trees, in both situations, there were in the beginning no rules and no dictionaries. All these things are based on human opinions. So if you can't say anything but: according to the dictionary, or according to the rules, or according to what Patrick wants, you hide behind other people's opinion!

Right now, I'm NOT talking with a dictionary, I'm NOT talking with a rule, I'm NOT talking with Patrick,

I'm talking with you, Billy Bob, the one and only!

Therefore all I want to know is your opinion. What the dictionary, the rules, or Patrick say about this, I don't care at all, in this discussion with Q, BB and me. So please tell me what YOUR opinion about the rules and the tools?

Edit:
I wrote:Please think about for about 3 or 4 days before replying.
I said that, because I would like you to think about it. But it seemed to me that you didn't think at all. You searched """your own opinion""" somewhere in a dictionary, waited 3 days, and then posted it. Sorry son. :wink:

Edit 2: If you don't know about Adam and Eve, or about Darwin, I bet you can find something about it in ........ a dictionary, I mean Wikipedia. 8)
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:55 pm

Qloof234 wrote:
billy bob wrote:
Qloof234 wrote:
billy bob wrote:
Qloof234 wrote:
Except that's not how it is. The dictionary is just as subject to interpretation as the rules themselves are. The definition of spam is essentially a pointless, time-wasting message with nothing of interest or value to it. That's fine.

However, it's still up to interpretation. The definition is solid, but whether something falls into that category isn't.
Why is it "still up to interpretation"?
Marinus wrote:What the dictionary, the rules, or Patrick say about this, I don't care at all...
I knew it.
Marinus wrote:Another question: Why do you hide your own opinion behind rules, dictionaries, administrator's opinion, etc. ?

No matter if you believe in Adam and Eve dancing around the tree with the forbidden fruit, or you believe in Darwin Of The Apes, jumping through the trees, in both situations, there were in the beginning no rules and no dictionaries. All these things are based on human opinions. So if you can't say anything but: according to the dictionary, or according to the rules, or according to what Patrick wants, you hide behind other people's opinion!

Right now, I'm NOT talking with a dictionary, I'm NOT talking with a rule, I'm NOT talking with Patrick,

I'm talking with you, Billy Bob, the one and only!

Therefore all I want to know is your opinion. What the dictionary, the rules, or Patrick say about this, I don't care at all, in this discussion with Q, BB and me. So please tell me what YOUR opinion about the rules and the tools?
My opinion about what about the rules?
Marinus wrote:
I wrote:Please think about for about 3 or 4 days before replying.
I said that, because I would like you to think about it. But it seemed to me that you didn't think at all. You searched """your own opinion""" somewhere in a dictionary, waited 3 days, and then posted it.
I did think about it for days, and what I said is what I thought.

(I'm going to sleep now.)
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:24 pm

billy bob wrote:
Qloof234 wrote:

Why is it "still up to interpretation"?
Simply put, the definition is a message with no purpose. However, as has already been exampled in this thread several times, whether a message falls under that definition or not is up to how you think.
billy bob wrote:
Marinus wrote:What the dictionary, the rules, or Patrick say about this, I don't care at all...
I knew it.
Read his post again. He said that he's asking for your opinion, when you keep restating about what other sources are saying.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:35 pm

Your opinion about this:
1 Rules are only tools. Tools which can be used to fix a problem. When it's possible to fix that problem, without tools, you don't need to use them. And when there's no problem at all, those rules/tools are totally unnecessary.
Because this:
is definitely not your opinion, but the opinion of the people who wrote that dictionary.

Still the questions:
-2 Did I make you feel upset, or uncomfortable? and
-3 Why are you hiding behind other people's opinion?

BB wrote:
M wrote:What the dictionary, the rules, or Patrick say about this, I don't care at all...4->(and the rest , you forgot to quote, and BTW, I didn't make one word in bold text, and the other one not. Don't let it seem I wrote things I didn't wrote; that seems pretty unfair to me, and that's NOT the Billy Bob I know)<-4
I knew it.
If that's true, it seems to me that you don't care about what other people want, except for Patrick.
Oh please don't talk nonsense. Someone with your IQ doesn't need 3 days to see if "the definition of rule" is exactly the same as what I wrote. I bet you saw that in 3 seconds.

Edit:
5 Is the quote above to be found in a dictionary, or does it come out of someone's mind perhaps? :wink:

To make it easier, instead of the
BBQBBQBBQBBQBBQBBQBBQuote,
I put some red numbers, where I really would like a reply please.
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:21 am

billy bob wrote:
Qloof234 wrote:
billy bob wrote:
Qloof234 wrote:
I feel sorry for you.
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:47 pm

Marinus wrote:Your opinion about this:
1 Rules are only tools. Tools which can be used to fix a problem. When it's possible to fix that problem, without tools, you don't need to use them. And when there's no problem at all, those rules/tools are totally unnecessary.
Because this:
is definitely not your opinion, but the opinion of the people who wrote that dictionary.
No, it isn't of the people who write dictionaries. It isn't even an opinion. It is the definition of the word. My opinion of what a word means matches what it says the word means in the dictionaries.
Marinus wrote:-2 Did I make you feel upset, or uncomfortable?
Ita vero. (Yes in Latin.)
Marinus wrote:-3 Why are you hiding behind other people's opinion?
I'm not. :?
Marinus wrote:
billy bob wrote:
Marinus wrote:What the dictionary, the rules, or Patrick say about this, I don't care at all...4->(and the rest , you forgot to quote, and BTW, I didn't make one word in bold text, and the other one not. Don't let it seem I wrote things I didn't wrote; that seems pretty unfair to me, and that's NOT the Billy Bob I know)<-4
Marinus wrote:
billy bob wrote:
Marinus wrote:What the dictionary, the rules, or Patrick say about this, I don't care at all...4->(and the rest , you forgot to quote, and BTW, I didn't make one word in bold text, and the other one not. Don't let it seem I wrote things I didn't wrote; that seems pretty unfair to me, and that's NOT the Billy Bob I know)<-4
it.
If that's true, it seems to me that you don't care about what other people want, except for Patrick.
I didn't forget to quote the rest. And if you look at all the words that are not in bold you will see that it says almost the same thing. By putting the words in bold, that was just me saying what I was replying to. And frankly, this part of your post (and the next part) made me very upset. :|
Marinus wrote:
Oh please don't talk nonsense. Someone with your IQ doesn't need 3 days to see if "the definition of rule" is exactly the same as what I wrote. I bet you saw that in 3 seconds.
I did see that in 3 seconds, and then I thought about it for 3 days and still thought the same thing.
I knew it.
I didn't forget to quote the rest. And if you look at all the words that are not in bold you will see that it says almost the same thing. By putting the words in bold, that was just me saying what I was replying to. And frankly, this part of your post (and the next part) made me very upset.
Marinus wrote:
I did see that in 3 seconds, and then I thought about it for 3 days and still thought the same thing.

(I'll reply to everything else soon (I have to leave now to do some climbing). Some of the quotes above got muddled but I do not have time to fix it/them.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:13 pm

1. Then please give your own opinion/description about why the rules are useful and why you think they are not meant the way I said.

For example: My opinion about a hammer is, it's to be used to hit a nail into wood, which is the most important one. Independent what a dictionary says. It also can be used for many more things such as hitting Billy Bob's head. :lol:

2. Then perhaps you can imagine that other people also feel uncomfortable when you keep pointing out their mistakes?

3. I thought I had explained bright and clear that you did hide behind other people's opinion. If there are things in my explanation you don't understand, please ask.

4. I'll reply later.

5. Take your time. :)

If this all makes you very upset; my apologise, that was not my intention. If it was just a little bit -> see 2
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:28 pm

billy bob wrote:
Because this:
No, it isn't of the people who write dictionaries. It isn't even an opinion. It is the definition of the word. My opinion of what a word means matches what it says the word means in the dictionaries.
Except it isn't. The people who write the dictionary are humans too and have opinions as well. Just because it's written in there doesn't make it the only correct definition.

I could write a dictionary and say the definition of spam is a message worth reading instead of one that isn't. That doesn't automatically mean it's correct - it's an opinion, dictionary or not. Same thing goes even if you write the accepted definition.

There's no solid definition to what a word means - only human-wrought ones based on opinion that have become the most commonly used definitions.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:39 pm

Billy Bob, before I reply more on what you said, (if I'll do) I would like to say this. I really hope that you'll ever reach the point that you say whatever you want to say at a way like this:

"<whatever you want to say>, and I don't say this because the rules say so, because a dictionary or Wikipedia says, because the government or the queen of the United Kingdom tells me to do. No, I say this because it is my very own opinion. And if there may be some guys who disagree with it, they're welcome! Because I, Billy Bob, the one and only, have a very good reason for that opinion! If they question it, I'll explain. My opinion is important, because it is not written by someone else, but it is my own!"

And if you'll reach that point, then you may think: "I hope that everyone will realize that I'm right." And you will know that it's not going to happen, because different people have different opinions. But that doesn't matter then. Because you will know that you're right. And that you'll always be, even if you keep making many mistakes. Because, if you'll reach that point, you also will get the strength and the courage to admit that you make a mistake, which will make you try not to make the same mistake again. And you will realize that everyone makes mistakes and that everyone learns the most from his/her own mistakes. That's how people are, and that's how life is.

Of course, there is nothing wrong with dictionaries, rules and other people's opinions. They may come in handy when you need them. You may believe in them, but unless you first believe in yourself and in your very own opinion, everything else where you believe in is useless. &#39364;&#30446;&#12384;&#12289;&#20840;&#28982;&#39364;&#30446;&#12384;

I'm pretty sure that, when you reach that point, you'll be much more happy then you are now, because it will make you a stronger personality. Therefore I really hope it won't take you 40 years to reach it, like it did it to me. :cry:

Probably this is, besides that I like discussions/debates, one of the main reasons that I'm doing this, because, if I can help you to feel better, (even though you don't feel happy today) it will make both of us feel better in the end.

It may be clear that everything in this post is my very own opinion, based on my very own experience.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:37 pm

billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:42 pm

Marinus wrote:Image
What does that supposed to mean?
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:46 pm

That's supposed to mean that it's still your turn. And in the meantime you still don't know what it means if other people say:

- Sorry

or

- Rest in peace
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:47 pm

billy bob wrote:
Marinus wrote:Image
What does that supposed to mean?
Time. It's been a few days since Marinus's post.

EDIT: Oops, Marinus beat me to it. :lol:
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:49 pm

Marinus wrote:That's supposed to mean that it's still your turn. And in the meantime you still don't know what it means if other people say:

- Sorry

or

- Rest in peace
Actually I am very busy at the moment making a level, programming, another thing, solving the maze at the end of Wonderland Secret Worlds, preparing for the rest of my birthday, when actually I should be sleeping.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:53 pm

That's ok, but you're not too busy to do the other things I mentioned. That seems a bit contradictory to me.

Anyhow, good night, and I'm looking forward to your level! :D
Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Technos72 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:12 am

Why is this stuff not related to pirate speakings going on for four pages?
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:16 am

If you want to know that, you have to read all those four pages. :lol:
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:17 am

Technos72 wrote:Why is this stuff not related to pirate speakings going on for four pages?
That's what I have been saying. It's breaking a rule.
Marinus wrote:That's ok, but you're not too busy to do the other things I mentioned. That seems a bit contradictory to me.
To do stuff in this topic requires more brain strength.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:19 am

And in the meantime you're still talking about rules. :wink:
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:22 am

Marinus wrote:And in the meantime you're still talking about rules.
Yes, I am. Anyone that has seen the previous post knows that.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:28 am

I was willing to offer you a draw (on certain conditions), but if you're talking like that, I think I keep going on until either you're checkmate, or (which I would admire more) until you resign. (Or do you really believe you're going to win?)
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:40 am

Marinus wrote:I was willing to offer you a draw (on certain conditions), but if you're talking like that, I think I keep going on until either you're checkmate, or (which I would admire more) until you resign. (Or do you really believe you're going to win?)
I don't believe I'm going to win. However, I do believe I am completely right about this and I can not be checkmated because there is always an explanation for everything I say about this. So this will probably go on forever.

I really don't understand how anyone could possibly think that it's about the definition in someone's mind not the definition in dictionaries.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:50 am

Then let's go on with the game. (How can a dictionary exist without being created out of someone's mind?) And all the other questions I asked you.

- If someone says: Sorry, then don't keep going on until the bitter end.

- If someone says: Rest in peace, then they mean: dead and buried.

- If someone says: Rules, they mean, only use if necessary.

Good night. Happy Birthday! :D
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:07 am

(quoting BB from another topic)
billy bob wrote:
DEEMAN223344 wrote:R.I.P. is an abbreviation for requiescat in pace (rest in peace), a short epitaph or idiom used to express wishes of eternal rest and peace for a person that has died.
Rest in peace" (Latin: Requiescat in pace) is a short epitaph or idiomatic expression wishing eternal rest and peace to someone that has died. The expression typically appears on headstones, often abbreviated as "RIP". The backronym "rest in paradise" is also common as a variation. The phrase or acronym is commonly found on the grave of Catholics,[1] as it is derived from the burial service of the Roman Catholic church, in which the following prayer was said at the commencement and conclusion:[2]
But this could be the first time when/where it doesn't mean death.
Make up your mind, please - first you say that it has to be the definition out of the dictionary, and now you're using a definition out of your own mind? Yes, different subjects, but it's contradictory.
^_^
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by ^_^ » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:04 am

You all abandoned it D:
*Annoyed orange*
If you can look at my avatar for 19 minutes, without closing your eyes, you must be great.
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:28 am

Marinus wrote:1. Then please give your own opinion/description about why the rules are useful and why you think they are not meant the way I said.
It's not an opinion what a rule means. It's what the dictionaries say what the words say. And if you look all the words up in a dictionary, the rule clearly says no off-topic.
Marinus wrote:For example: My opinion about a hammer is, it's to be used to hit a nail into wood, which is the most important one. Independent what a dictionary says. It also can be used for many more things such as hitting Billy Bob's head.
It's not about what the rule is used for, it's about obeying the rule.
Marinus wrote:2. Then perhaps you can imagine that other people also feel uncomfortable when you keep pointing out their mistakes?
No. I can't imagine that. It is logical to learn from your mistakes.
Marinus wrote:3. I thought I had explained bright and clear that you did hide behind other people's opinion. If there are things in my explanation you don't understand, please ask.
Explanation? I've looked around and I can't find it. Could you show me please?
Qloof234 wrote:
billy bob wrote:
Because this:
Except it isn't. The people who write the dictionary are humans too and have opinions as well. Just because it's written in there doesn't make it the only correct definition.

I could write a dictionary and say the definition of spam is a message worth reading instead of one that isn't. That doesn't automatically mean it's correct - it's an opinion, dictionary or not. Same thing goes even if you write the accepted definition.

There's no solid definition to what a word means - only human-wrought ones based on opinion that have become the most commonly used definitions.
There are solid definitions to words. They are in the dictionaries. They're not what people just thought up what a word meant, they're what the word actually means.
Marinus wrote:Billy Bob, before I reply more on what you said, (if I'll do) I would like to say this. I really hope that you'll ever reach the point that you say whatever you want to say at a way like this:

"<whatever you want to say>, and I don't say this because the rules say so, because a dictionary or Wikipedia says, because the government or the queen of the United Kingdom tells me to do. No, I say this because it is my very own opinion. And if there may be some guys who disagree with it, they're welcome! Because I, Billy Bob, the one and only, have a very good reason for that opinion! If they question it, I'll explain. My opinion is important, because it is not written by someone else, but it is my own!"

And if you'll reach that point, then you may think: "I hope that everyone will realize that I'm right." And you will know that it's not going to happen, because different people have different opinions. But that doesn't matter then. Because you will know that you're right. And that you'll always be, even if you keep making many mistakes. Because, if you'll reach that point, you also will get the strength and the courage to admit that you make a mistake, which will make you try not to make the same mistake again. And you will realize that everyone makes mistakes and that everyone learns the most from his/her own mistakes. That's how people are, and that's how life is.
I honestly have no idea what you mean. I've only ever seen one opinion about a word - and that's yours, which is incorrect because it does not match what the dictionaries say. There are only the solid meanings you find in dictionaries.
Marinus wrote:Of course, there is nothing wrong with dictionaries, rules and other people's opinions. They may come in handy when you need them. You may believe in them, but unless you first believe in yourself and in your very own opinion, everything else where you believe in is useless. &#39364;&#30446;&#12384;&#12289;&#20840;&#28982;&#39364;&#30446;&#12384;
My opinion of a word is the same as what it says in the dictionaries. If an opinion doesn't match the dictionaries then it is incorrect.
Marinus wrote:- If someone says: Sorry, then don't keep going on until the bitter end.
Actually that was sort of on a different subject. I asked why Deeman223344 mentioned the "I R BACK!!!!!!1!111!!!one" topic - that hadn't got to do with the other stuff.
Marinus wrote:- If someone says: Rest in peace, then they mean: dead and buried.
But not by the definition of rest, or the definition of in, or the definition of peace. So it could have meant that ^_^ didn't die in the comic.
Marinus wrote:- If someone says: Rules, they mean, only use if necessary.
Not by the definition of rule.
Qloof234 wrote:(quoting BB from another topic)
billy bob wrote:
DEEMAN223344 wrote:R.I.P. is an abbreviation for requiescat in pace (rest in peace), a short epitaph or idiom used to express wishes of eternal rest and peace for a person that has died.
Rest in peace" (Latin: Requiescat in pace) is a short epitaph or idiomatic expression wishing eternal rest and peace to someone that has died. The expression typically appears on headstones, often abbreviated as "RIP". The backronym "rest in paradise" is also common as a variation. The phrase or acronym is commonly found on the grave of Catholics,[1] as it is derived from the burial service of the Roman Catholic church, in which the following prayer was said at the commencement and conclusion:[2]
But this could be the first time when/where it doesn't mean death.
Make up your mind, please - first you say that it has to be the definition out of the dictionary, and now you're using a definition out of your own mind? Yes, different subjects, but it's contradictory.
The definition of the words "rest" and "in" and "peace" were not from my mind, they were from the dictionaries.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:37 am

Did you also answer the most important question of all:
How can a dictionary exist without being created out of someone's mind?
?

Maybe because it's late but I didn't see it.
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:44 am

Marinus wrote:How can a dictionary exist without being created out of someone's mind?
It was created out of someone's mind. So what's your point?