Im confused about RTW people.

Archive of the first decade of Off Topic Posts
^_^
Rainbow SuperStar

Im confused about RTW people.

Post by ^_^ » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:04 pm

Look:
chip wrote:Happy birthday!
Why do RTW people say stuff like that in RTW section, and not in Off-topic?
Off-topic WAS made for that stuff.
That's a little confusing, because they do it in RTW section.
Some other stuff like that happens there too, Because i don't believe its the first time it happened.
If you can look at my avatar for 19 minutes, without closing your eyes, you must be great.
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:05 pm

If it contains a level, then I think it is ok.
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
^_^
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by ^_^ » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:08 pm

But if it should be rather a comment on the level?
If you can look at my avatar for 19 minutes, without closing your eyes, you must be great.
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:10 pm

^_^ wrote:But if it should be rather a comment on the level?
Should be ok, as long as the user actually comments on the level.
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
^_^
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by ^_^ » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:11 pm

But only if he says happy birthday?
'Ill try as soon as possible' is not really a comment.
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:41 pm

Some people view that forum but not this one. That is why I mentioned it in both forums.
^_^
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by ^_^ » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:51 pm

Yes, but i was not talking about you.
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:02 pm

^_^ wrote:But only if he says happy birthday?
'Ill try as soon as possible' is not really a comment.
I think it is a kind of comment too.

But this community is loose - I don't think it will be a problem, but if it was other forums, it would be hard to say.
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:06 pm

Honestly? Before you complain about other user posting habits, you should reform your own habit of making posts with no content in them. :roll:
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:21 pm

^_^ wrote:Yes, but I was not talking about you.
I wasn't talking about myself either. When I say some people, I am not referring to myself. Some people view Puzzle/Action Levels but don't view Off-Topic Discussions, and some people view Off-Topic Discussions but not Puzzle/Action Levels. That is why I mentioned today being my birthday on both forums.
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:56 pm

Qloof234 wrote:Honestly? Before you complain about other user posting habits, you should reform your own habit of making posts with no content in them. :roll:
Don't mix everything here. An event is an event, another event is another. He is just asking if it is 'a good habit or not'.

This could have went into MS's inbox and never got public, but before mods exist I think it is ok to put it here in public. If the rules were stricter this could have fallen to the 'Trolling/Flaming' or 'Naming names' section.
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:41 pm

Interesting. I can see clearly people changing a bit. ^_^'s question looks me a question which BB could have asked a month or few months ago.

And in this case (it doesn't happen very often :wink: but) I have to agree with BB (and Tyteen) about this. I even would go a little bit further: As long as the levelmaker and levelplayers have no problem with it, it should be OK even if the level itself was not mentioned.

Also I think ^_^ has changed quite a bit the last weeks. In my opinion he (almost) doesn't posts with no content anymore like he did a month or longer ago. (at least in the topics I read) So Qloof, although we pretty much agree about lots of things, this time I have to disagree.

And you (Qloof) are much more posting, stating your opnion and explaining it, then before. :D

Everybody changes. 8)

As said I agree with Tyteen about posting on a level, but not about sending a PM to Patrick. I only would recommend sending a PM if it's really necessary, but as long as we can handle the situation here on the forum without getting a fight, it should be OK.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:50 pm

tyteen4a03 wrote:
Qloof234 wrote:Honestly? Before you complain about other user posting habits, you should reform your own habit of making posts with no content in them. :roll:
Don't mix everything here. An event is an event, another event is another. He is just asking if it is 'a good habit or not'.

This could have went into MS's inbox and never got public, but before mods exist I think it is ok to put it here in public. If the rules were stricter this could have fallen to the 'Trolling/Flaming' or 'Naming names' section.
Your last sentence is what I was thinking, and it's probably a result of my mindset from forums with stricter rules and the like.

@Marinus and tyteen - in my opinion, it seems as if he's complaining about other users posting like that, and the reason I object is because looking through his post record from not even that far back - as in, the start of this month - I can find plenty of posts with no real content, very little to them or that are very off-topic. I can post a few examples if you want me to.

Just to clarify: I don't want to offend anyone here, and if I did, then I'm really sorry. It's just... I don't want anyone else to be treated hypocritically. I know what it's like and it's enraging, to say the least.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:52 pm

I actually didn't see it as complaining. I thought it's just a question why such things happen and if nobody has a problem with it. On the other hand it is possibly meant as a joke or sort of a game, because, like I said, it seems more a question asked by BB to me, since it is about a rule which in one situation has to be kept and in another situation not. However, there is no evidence for, so let's say it's just a question. If it was sort of a game I wouldn't have a big problem with it either, but if it was complaining, I would agree with you a bit.
... looking through his post record from not even that far back - as in, the start of this month - I can find plenty of posts with no real content, very little to them or that are very off-topic. I can post a few examples if you want me to.
If you searched for it, and you say it's the start of this month, (which is only 5 days ago) I should believe you, but in my memory it was much longer ago, maybe almost a month. However, I would recommend to put those example-links in a file, and save it on your hard disk, just in case. Instead of posting them right now.

About offending anyone; I'm not really afraid that you did. ^_^ seems a person with a "thick skin" to me. :wink:
^_^
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by ^_^ » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:56 pm

Blah.
Those guys in RTW section are breaking the rules anyway.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:03 pm

And are they doing it in a way which is bothering you? If so, how? (examples please) Are you playing RTW?
^_^
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by ^_^ » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:07 pm

Yes.
I play and download levels from time to time.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:13 pm

Thanks, but that was only an answer to my 3rd question.
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:57 pm

^_^ wrote:Those guys in RTW section are breaking the rules anyway.
What? :? :? :? No they're not. :roll:
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:07 pm

I think he's playing a little game with you BB. (Because rules are so important to you.) But well, so am I, (sort of) hoping it will get you a better view how people are and think.... :)
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:31 pm

Marinus wrote:(Because rules are so important to you.) But well, so am I, (sort of)...
Wait... Did you just say you're important to me? :? :? :?
Marinus wrote:I think he's playing a little game with you BB.
But what he said was not aimed at me. :wink:

(Every word in the sentence above has an anagram (one of the words has two anagrams). :o )
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:40 pm

About the anagrams, I believe you. 8)

But about if it was aimed to you, how do you know? He didn't say it, but do you know what he was thinking? Also, you were the one who responded on it with 3 confused smiley's and one rolling eyes. :wink:

Wait... Did you just say you're important to me?
:lol: No, I was not saying that. (but since we have some good discussions, I hope so though :)) I think you'd better make difference between the sentences which are between the () and the ones, which are outside them.

I meant, I'm also playing a game (with you). Almost everyone does. Life is just a game.
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:06 am

Marinus wrote:But about if it was aimed to you, how do you know? He didn't say it, but do you know what he was thinking?
When you said he or she was playing a game with me it was just an assumption. It is the same with him or her even talking to me. What you said was all an assumption. You don't know if ^_^ was even talking to me. Only ^_^ knows that.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:55 am

Of course those are assumptions. Just like almost everything you say. The difference is that I use to say: "I think", or "In my opinion", and you usually don't. (especially in the pirate topic)