The Ultimate WA Editor Hex-Editing Topic! Take A Look!

Help Topics, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, etc.
mqdar
Rainbow Star

Post by mqdar » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:55 am

Well, that's understandable. Fire flowers use that magic when they fire. :wink: :)

Oh, Richmond:

Look, Notepad++ is much easier than Notepad.
Skype wrote:[7:23:42 AM] Darx: Click here to give me an internet!
[7:23:57 AM] 'a'a: *clicks here*
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:34 pm

If 1 is POW, how can we get at it in the editor? I thought that we couldn't get 1.
dlcs18
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by dlcs18 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:04 pm

Qloof234 wrote:If 1 is POW, how can we get at it in the editor? I thought that we couldn't get 1.
He might mean 0, that homing pow thingy.
dlcs18
mqdar
Rainbow Star

Post by mqdar » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:21 pm

If you hex-edit, you would get it. :wink:
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:10 pm

HEX-editing WA is probably a lot harder than RTW, so... :wink:
mqdar
Rainbow Star

Post by mqdar » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:44 pm

Well, I don't think Clifford would've managed hex-editing, because it is so difficult, but it is pretty obvious, isn't it? Colour 1 is orange, and fire flowers use orange magic.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:12 pm

Yeah, but the question would be if it would let us select orange in the editor's menu.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:18 pm

Yeah, its quite possible Qloof. All you have to do is edit or hack (whatever you call it) the GloveCharge.wop file.
ImageImage
TheCracksOverhead#9565 | Oops, uh oh.
mqdar
Rainbow Star

Post by mqdar » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:35 pm

jdl wrote:Yeah, its quite possible Qloof. All you have to do is edit or hack (whatever you call it) the GloveCharge.wop file.
Are you sure that would work? Editing a wop file might be harder than you think. Well, there's nothing wrong with trying. Just note that it might be more difficult than expected, and it might not work at all.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:44 pm

[techie] Well, not really, because we don't have a decompression format for .wop files, nor do we have the coding language for them when compressed. Without a decompression format it would be a lot harder to hack. Opening it as a .txt file might work, but probably not.[/techie]
mqdar
Rainbow Star

Post by mqdar » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:38 pm

Qloof234 wrote:[techie] Well, not really, because we don't have a decompression format for .wop files, nor do we have the coding language for them when compressed. Without a decompression format it would be a lot harder to hack. Opening it as a .txt file might work, but probably not.[/techie]
Oh, so is that why the files look so confusing when you open them? :idea:

Well, if you use Notepad++, it might not be too hard. Notepad would be pretty much impossible, but Notepad++ can look at the value of the addresses. Notepad cannot. :wink:
Clifford
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Clifford » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:53 am

richmond2010 wrote:Wow, you found out?
Yes I did,
I hacked it.
Note: Green is NOT grow power.

If you would like to test them take a look here:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Clifford
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Clifford » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:58 am

dlcs18 wrote:
Qloof234 wrote:If 1 is POW, how can we get at it in the editor? I thought that we couldn't get 1.
He might mean 0, that homing pow thingy.
no, dlcs18 that is not what I mean.

I used [url=htttp://www.cheatengine.org]Cheat Engine.[/url]
mqdar
Rainbow Star

Post by mqdar » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:35 am

Clifford wrote:I used [url=htttp://www.cheatengine.org]Cheat Engine.[/url]
Are you sure you want to be saying that? :?
richmond2010
Rainbow Seeker

Post by richmond2010 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:31 am

I used Notepad++ on the GloveCharge.wop file and got lots of "NUL" thingys.

@Clifford:

:shock: I have got Cheat Engine, but didn’t think of that lol.
Clifford
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Clifford » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:24 am

mqdar wrote:
Clifford wrote:I used [url=htttp://www.cheatengine.org]Cheat Engine.[/url]
Are you sure you want to be saying that? :?
Good question, SHOULD I?

Gee That's a hard one. Shoud I?
duncan
Rainbow Seeker

Post by duncan » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:28 am

For doing any kind of hack, i will flame you later
Don't judge a person by his look,but his heart
Anytime, Anyplace, Adventure Always Awaits!
Last edited by Loof on 1/1/19999999999999999 BC; edited 98998 in total.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:34 pm

duncan wrote:For doing any kind of hack, i will flame you later
Just a sec... lemme find you a list of all the people on the forum who've used hex...

No.

Cheat Engine isn't really hacking, or at least it's legal.

Besides, we're talking about general glitch magic - of course we're gonna look into hex and stuff.

Duncan... Tell me, how much exactly do you want to get banned? 'Cuz eventually, you know, people are gonna get tired of your attitude towards others and will complain to Patrick about it...

Well I know that your attitude is getting on my nerves at least.
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:11 pm

Just wondering...

Can you make mushroom magic??? :D
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
bround
Rainbow Master

Post by bround » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:48 pm

can you did a orange magic to woof :lol:
Avid TTR player and TTS developer, a new revolutionary server in works.
mqdar
Rainbow Star

Post by mqdar » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:43 pm

Nobody wrote:Just wondering...

Can you make mushroom magic??? :D
No. If you use the magic glitch in the editor, you will find that all the higher numbers are just black.

Cheat Engine... maybe he opened up the editor, put a magic glove charger in, and changed it until he got one value. That would do it! :D
duncan
Rainbow Seeker

Post by duncan » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:27 am

Qloof234 wrote:
duncan wrote:For doing any kind of hack, i will flame you later
Just a sec... lemme find you a list of all the people on the forum who've used hex...

No.

Cheat Engine isn't really hacking, or at least it's legal.

Besides, we're talking about general glitch magic - of course we're gonna look into hex and stuff.

Duncan... Tell me, how much exactly do you want to get banned? 'Cuz eventually, you know, people are gonna get tired of your attitude towards others and will complain to Patrick about it...

Well I know that your attitude is getting on my nerves at least.
ok forget that post. A Note To People Who Are Tired of Bround: Tell me, how much exactly do you want to get banned? Bround is only 7 years old and not even from an English speaking country. how do you expect anything more!? You guys are picking on a young little kid. TYTEEN HAS ALREADY BEEN BANNED! And i cannot blame bround for that attack on another thread.

PS: Qloof, i am only doing what i feel is best, i only get like i do if somebody does a bad or stupid
Don't judge a person by his look,but his heart
Anytime, Anyplace, Adventure Always Awaits!
Last edited by Loof on 1/1/19999999999999999 BC; edited 98998 in total.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:52 am

Nice level Clifford. :D There's only 2 things wrong with it... 1. You didn't include anything to test the magic on, and 2. There is no star, therefor, you can't finish it. :lol:
ImageImage
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:09 am

duncan wrote:ok forget that post.
k
duncan wrote:A Note To People Who Are Tired of Bround: Tell me, how much exactly do you want to get banned? Bround is only 7 years old and not even from an English speaking country. how do you expect anything more!? You guys are picking on a young little kid. TYTEEN HAS ALREADY BEEN BANNED! And i cannot blame bround for that attack on another thread.
"Underlined + Italics part copied from my post lolz", as tyteen might say if he had posted said part... not like it matters to me

Yes, you're right about bround not being from an english country. Most people who are tired of him are tired because of his broken english, I've gotten over it now.

Just about. That attack hurt :(

duncan wrote:PS: Qloof, i am only doing what i feel is best, i only get like i do if somebody does a bad or stupid
Okay, that's understandable.

@jdl: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

EDIT: weird computer is weird
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:46 am

Ok, I edited the adventure and added a star and some barrels to play around with. The new magic Clifford has implimented into this level do absolutly nothing except the orange one. The orange one acts like the one in WA:MOFI but has one difference. In MOFI, your mouse pointer is able to point on the barrels, while this isn't. That is because the orange magic in WA, was ment for Fire Flowers, and Fire Flowers just aim and fire, they don't chose a direct tile to shoot at. [I hope I am making sence here!] Anyway, they aren't programed like POW is programed. :wink:

Now for the big question: How do we make the other glove powers available in the editor without using Cheat Engine? The only logical solution would be to edit the GloveCharge.wop file and post it for everybody to download. But I don't think Patrick would like that, and also, I don't even know how to hack stuff just to let everybody know.

EDIT: BTW, why doesn't the White Magic act like White Magic??? :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ImageImage
Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Sammy_P » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:10 am

:shock: WOW! Now this is COOL!
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:42 am

jdl wrote:The orange one acts like the one in WA:MOFI
<3

EDIT: Test adventure lulz
cbloopy
Rainbow Master

Post by cbloopy » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:21 am

jdl wrote:Ok, I edited the adventure and added a star and some barrels to play around with. The new magic Clifford has implimented into this level do absolutly nothing except the orange one.
Actually, the red one (homing missile) is working fine for me.
The orange one acts like the one in WA:MOFI but has one difference. In MOFI, your mouse pointer is able to point on the barrels, while this isn't.
In practice that won't be much of a problem, since you can usually aim past the barrel and it will still hit the barrel (since the magic will blow up the first thing it encounters).
Now for the big question: How do we make the other glove powers available in the editor without using Cheat Engine? The only logical solution would be to edit the GloveCharge.wop file and post it for everybody to download. But I don't think Patrick would like that, and also, I don't even know how to hack stuff just to let everybody know.
Maybe we can hope that Patrick could take notice of this and update the editor to allow for the extra magic? After all, with the test level you uploaded, other people can start off with that level and use the editor's ability to copy objects (go to object mode, then right-click on an object in the editor, and click somewhere else to make a copy of it there) to create actual levels with the new magic chargers. So the cat's out of the bag so to speak and Patrick might as well update the editor to make it more readily available. It looks like a rather simple update to remove the restriction on the color value for a glove charger object.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:45 am

cbloopy wrote:Maybe we can hope that Patrick could take notice of this and update the editor to allow for the extra magic? After all, with the test level you uploaded, other people can start off with that level and use the editor's ability to copy objects (go to object mode, then right-click on an object in the editor, and click somewhere else to make a copy of it there) to create actual levels with the new magic chargers. So the cat's out of the bag so to speak and Patrick might as well update the editor to make it more readily available. It looks like a rather simple update to remove the restriction on the color value for a glove charger object.
[techie]

It would probably be more than a simple update on the Glove charger's values coding-wise, because there is also the other colors (green, indigo, etc.) that are in the color variables - even if they don't do anything. It would probably take a little bit, like 10-15 minutes to get it basically working, because there's already the skipping variable function only letting us use 2 6 and 4, so it would have to be edited to allow 1 as selectable. [/techie]

Interesting fact - orange magic can be clicked on the tile where a chomper is, but it doesn't work for barrels or anything else as far as I've noticed.

EDIT3: Didn't do anything :(
cbloopy
Rainbow Master

Post by cbloopy » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:28 am

Qloof234 wrote:there's already the skipping variable function only letting us use 2 6 and 4, so it would have to be edited to allow 1 as selectable.
I was thinking there's no need to restrict the color value at all. I know most of the numbers don't lead to any real magic, but the game seems to work fine regardless, so it's not necessary for the editor to lock those out. Although, restricting the colors might make things less confusing when the WA MOFI editor comes out, since there'll be real magic for some of the colors that currently do nothing.