White Magic

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

cloudrac3r
Rainbow Master

White Magic

Post by cloudrac3r » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:56 am

I don't think this has a topic already, so let's discuss it now, shall we?

White Magic is a glitch in WA1 (and maybe MOFI and POTZ, I don't own those games yet.)

If you don't know about white magic, the simplest way to find out is to charge the gloves, then load a save without charged gloves.

More detailed directions: Find a glove charger and stand next to it, making sure that your gloves are not charged. Save the game. Then charge the gloves and load the saved game. You will notice that you still have the magic with the same number of charges, but upon clicking the glove icon (right click does not work) the glove will be changed to zero charges. Now try using the magic and you will notice that it is white, and the charge count decreases to -1, -2, and so on.
To get rid of the white magic (if you want to), start or quit an adventure, charge the gloves properly, step on an arrow or use the shards to teleport.

Put simply, charge the gloves, then load a save without charged gloves.

Uses for the white magic? Not many. It can't freeze things, push buttons or let you teleport.
However, it can be used to kill enemies. (I've tried it on spikey balls and chompers, and it worked on both.)

Is there anything else that it can do that anyone has found out about?
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:53 pm

Star Magic and Bounce Magic

Both can destroy enemies, NPCs, barrels and power cubes.

Their best use is for accessing central Wondertown early by casting on the barrel at the bottom of west Wondertown, then walking anticlockwise around the area to get around the Stinker (although the Stinker can also be destroyed with Star/Bounce magic, that would cause a game over screen, and in order to escape the game over screen we'd have to perform the saving in game over screen glitch). Combining this trick with the stealing items from adventures glitch in The Red Shard allows for completing the game (Any%) without entering the sewers.

cloudrac3r
Rainbow Master

Post by cloudrac3r » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:25 pm

Oh wow, I guess it can be pretty useful for speedruns then! Thanks for the info and the video!