Bananas

The place to introduce yourselves, meet other players, etc.

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

TheThaumaturge
Rainbow Master

Bananas

Post by TheThaumaturge » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:02 pm

Hey everyone,

My parents have gone bananas again. :( They say using my computer for so long during the weekends (even though I DO go out with friends once or twice each weekend) is going to make me socially awkward, so they've restricted me to 2 hours of computer time per day, on the weekends. Absolutely no computer on weekdays. :( I will be on even less often, but I won't stop coming here. Adventures may not come out for a loooong time.

Just wanted to let you guys know.
Into The Rainbow!

Next Adventure: The Federation: 0%

Gentleman Scientist Supreme.

ab-47
Rainbow Star

Post by ab-47 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:42 pm

what do you mean "bananas"?

HEY! You too! my parents won't allow me except weekends Too! today I was lucky. :)
LEVEL LIS1
The Hidd3n Archive, Part Four: [36%, In Progress]
The Hidden 4rchive, Part Three (Redeemer's Edition)
The Apocollab [0%, Confirmed, Planning]
Are Cookie and Ash Gay? [Cancelled]
StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar

Re: Bananas

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:42 pm

TheThaumaturge wrote:Hey everyone,

My parents have gone bananas again. :( They say using my computer for so long during the weekends (even though I DO go out with friends once or twice each weekend) is going to make me socially awkward, so they've restricted me to 2 hours of computer time per day, on the weekends. Absolutely no computer on weekdays. :( I will be on even less often, but I won't stop coming here. Adventures may not come out for a loooong time.

Just wanted to let you guys know.
Parents. :roll:
StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:43 pm

ab-47 wrote:what do you mean "bananas"?

HEY! You too! my parents won't allow me except weekends Too! today I was lucky. :)
Going bananas is a figure of speech for saying going crazy.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:28 pm

Parents don't remember what it's like to be kids. You should be able to do all the stuff you want, because you won't get a chance to later.
boywhoflies
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by boywhoflies » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:32 pm

MyNameIsKooky wrote:Parents don't remember what it's like to be kids. You should be able to do all the stuff you want, because you won't get a chance to later.
Agreed.

Well, hope they change their mind. :(
Mr. Robot never dies! :D

Chatroom
Emerald141
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Emerald141 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:17 pm

yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:22 pm

I have a limit of one-and-a-half hours each day, and I think it's a decent amount of time.
Any less and it's just annoying, any more and start getting a bit "addicted" to the screen.
Sammy_Bro
Rainbow Star

Post by Sammy_Bro » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:21 pm

TheThaumaturge wrote:My parents have gone bananas again. :( They say using my computer for so long during the weekends (even though I DO go out with friends once or twice each weekend) is going to make me socially awkward, so they've restricted me to 2 hours of computer time per day, on the weekends. Absolutely no computer on weekdays. :( I will be on even less often, but I won't stop coming here. Adventures may not come out for a loooong time.
I feel like people are going to be mad at me when I say this, but I think it is kinda (KINDA) a good idea.

I have to get myself away from this computer for AT LEAST a month and get some exercise. If you sit for too long, you'll get a blood clot and die.
:D
boywhoflies
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by boywhoflies » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:04 am

I sit at my computer liek 7-10 hours a day. I'm glad I'm still alive, then.
Mr. Robot never dies! :D

Chatroom
hoomdoom
Rainbow Keeper

Post by hoomdoom » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:15 am

I have a one hour restriction for every day.

Well, not today...

*Hides behind counter*
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:40 am

Sammy_Bro wrote:I have to get myself away from this computer for AT LEAST a month and get some exercise. If you sit for too long, you'll get a blood clot and die.
It depends on how long you're sitting, and how still you are as well. If it's for, like, 12 hours without moving much, then there's a very serious risk.

It also seems to differ from person to person. I'm not a professional on this, so don't take my word as truth, but I've done some very long sessions where I don't really move much, something over 14 hours. Despite that, I'm perfectly fine.

The other thing is paranoia, for lack of a better word. The moment you hear about something sad, frightening, or anything along those lines, you'll start noticing things similar to it more and more.

For instance, one of my friends moved to Alberta three years ago. Before that, never noticed Alberta being mentioned on the news. Immediately after, heard it all the time.
hoomdoom
Rainbow Keeper

Post by hoomdoom » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:26 pm

You could also have severe back pain, but I guess that isn't as bad as
Sammy_Bro wrote:getting a blood clot and dying.
8)
Hoomdoom is my cat's name.