Adventure 0.5: Glitch Archive 1

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Adventure 0.5: Glitch Archive 1

Post by Wonderman109 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:44 am

This is the first archive of PotZE glitches, and a few other things. Info was taken from the Bug topic, and the original bug compilation was made by MNIK. (I couldn't find the link to it.)

Please note that not all glitches are in here, only the ones I could put in, and even so not all of them I could get to work.

Check out the sequel
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Wonderman109 on Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:14 am

This is a neat little reference level. 8)

One note, though - The SunSphere bug is in the Editor, not the player. :P

EDIT: Also, try casting a Blink spell at the edge of the level. You'll have to restart, but it's kinda funny. :lol:

EDIT2: I'd like to point out a few things.

1) The no-dialogue wall glitch isn't quite as straightforward as it seems, it's kinda arbitrary. What it seems to be is that a tile a 0-dia. NPC stops on becomes a wall. Additionally, I think it might actually be a remnant of WAE1 NPC's - I stumbled across this while working on HR and told Jdl about it. Using the NPC object in the WA3E doesn't seem to have the same problem.

2) Having a Flashed Scritter at somewhere other than 1, 1 still crashes the game. This bug emerged during WA3 testing - the 1, 1 location in an older version of Flash Frozen was unblocked, and I stumbled across the bug while trying to figure out how to 100% the level.

EDIT3: Wait, what's this one about Flashing something onto a Ghost/Wraith? I've never had that happen and I can't reproduce it, even in this level.
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:39 am

A neat little archive. Here's a bug I think you'll be interested in.

I originally posted it here.

So let's say that to your right is a coin or other similar item, and to the right of that is a ZapBot that moves up and down. Also, let's say that there's a barrel or something else that can be destroyed above you. As the ZapBot is moving up, it'll shoot at you (but you're safe because of the coin) and as it goes up, it shoots for one more split second before stopping, so it destroys the barrel.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:49 am

This was pretty cool. Thanks. :)
samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:08 am

Hey Wonderman,
Thanks for this showcase! Actually I was planning to do this, but I didn't cos I was too lazy :oops:
I have a few more tricks to add on, most of them due to flash, since I was doing research on Flash Without Walls (i.e. the 1,1 exploit)

1. Besides Wee Stinkers, walking into a Scritter on a once bridge also won't collapse the bridge.

2. There's a way to trick the engine into re-flashing nothing. If you flash a gem or a coin, collect it, leave (1,1) and re-flash, the engine will not crash.

3. If (1,1) already has an object on it, flashing something else will allow the 2 objects to coexist on 1,1. If one were to re-flash, Scritters seems to take priority to escape from the future (even if they were not flashed and were originally there, Scritters will be re-flashed) If not, usually the object that was flashed would be re-flashed. My research on this is inconclusive, and I (or someone else, if they're interested), would have to update this.

4. Exception to glitch number 3: A growflower at (1,1) will kill flashed Scritters, Chompers, Barrels, and everything else that can be killed with the Grow Kill trick. A floing bubble at (1,1) will trap flashed monsters, and can lead to tricks such as point 7 in my post.

5. Casting a grow flower or a floing bubble on an inactive Wraith/Ghost will not kill/trap them. (formally discovered by Wonderland King)

6. All flashed monsters become harmless, except for Wraiths and Class 001 ZBots. Fireflowers* and Burstflowers, UFOs and ZapBots do not shoot in their flashed state.
*There was once where I flashed the fire flower at just the right time and it kept on shooting at (1,1). This is very gimmicky and hard to accomplish.

7. Render all monsters powerless (except Wraiths and Class 001)! :D First cast a floing bubble on (1,1). Flash a monster, and then re-flash. Like the Flash Gem trick, nothing will be "brought back to the present", letting you remove the dangerous effects of the monster forever.

Other tricks and glitches:
Floing Ice trick (discovered by MNIK)
Blink-On-Ice trick
Quick Brr

Spring Exploit (MNIK)--Note that the Spring Exploit has been modified in one area: A fire flower that springs off will not create a wall anymore.

I might make a level on this, but if you're interested you could always make an Archive 2. :)
Last edited by samuelthx on Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:18 am, edited 4 times in total.
samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:10 am

DP but I think this should be promoted to a Sticky, so that certain people (such as me :oops: ) won't unnecessarily complain about glitches in adventures.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:47 pm

Thanks to everyone here for their contribution. :) I will definitely make another updated archive within the next week or two, but right now I am working on my tennis match.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Solution?

Post by Jutomi » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:35 pm

Hi, again, Wonderman... :lol:

I'm going to be bumping a bunch of these topics, getting these videos all linked to the forums at once. :P

It was nice touring these adventures again, and albeit it's... not so much a video solution,
I still recorded this adventure for...
I don't have to tell :evil:

I hope you enjoy :D
Click me!
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.