LVLTEX - Mystic Mountain (reupload)

Leveltextures, Custom Icons, etc. for Wonderland Adventures.
Dark Drago
Rainbow Master

Post by Dark Drago » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:17 am

Qloof234 wrote:
Dark Drago wrote:
Emerald141 wrote:I would hardly call Dark Drago a "superstar texture maker"; all he does is recolor. Wonderman's new on the job, too, so I think ab-47 is the only one out of those three worth notable praise.
You haven't noticed:
1. Wonderforest
2. Mud Cave
3. Rock Bay
You give advice a lot of times...
Its my turn to tell you!
"Notice Everything and think before talking"
Allow me to redirect you to a post I made addressing you that you haven't even replied to yet.Clicky clicky.

What I said there goes here - Stand back and take a look at your position before judging others. Emerald made a perfectly valid point about your work; a lot of the textures you've uploaded here are recolored. Just because you made three original textures doesn't mean you're a "superstar texture maker", like you seem to be implying here. I wouldn't even say he was being rude about it (I would, however, say that he was being blunt about it, no offense to anyone involved).

I'm not even going to address the issue of how rude you're being (not just in this post, but in your reply to Emerald's apology), if you think that's acceptable then frankly, you really need to step back and take a look at your behavior.

Making a big deal about Emerald being rude (when, like I said, I wouldn't even say he was in the first place) by replying with something condescending then passing off your own attitude with a simple "Forget it" does not make your point any more valid, and it does not make you look good.

You could've simply said that you don't just make recolored textures, you didn't have to be rude about it by chastising anyone. Even then, you at least could've actually apologized for being rude.

There's a simple reason why I put "I'm not trying to be rude" or similar whenever I'm making a long post - I'm not trying to be rude. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. I can and will speak my mind, but if I'm worried I might offend someone when they haven't done anything, I'll usually try to word it in a softer way. If need be, then I will be completely blunt about what I'm thinking (for instance, this post).

I'm not trying to be rude with this post, for instance. However, I'm not going to go out of my way to make what I'm writing softer if I don't think I can get the point across.

You have as much right to your opinion as anyone else here does. However, that doesn't mean you have the right to be rude about it without any consequences - no-one does.
0. I was not trying to be rude.
1. I pointed out that I made textures, never claimed to be superstar
2. Forget it means let's stop the fight and be happy
3. Even I didn't mean it in the rude way. What you told me to follow is what he should have followed before posting.
4. I never told Emerald was "rude"
5. Okay, I ask sorry to him
6. Why does it happen to me alaways? :cry:
Emerald141
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Emerald141 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:51 am

Last edited by Emerald141 on Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:51 am

Emerald's pretty much summed up what I'm thinking, but just to put in my two cents anyways...
Dark Drago wrote:0. I was not trying to be rude.
I don't think you are, but having said that...
Dark Drago (Earlier) wrote:If you had been like that in the earlier post. I'd have been polite too.
Isn't this pretty much admitting that you were being rude anyways?
Dark Drago wrote:1. I pointed out that I made textures, never claimed to be superstar
I wasn't trying to claim that you said that, sorry. What I was getting at is that Emerald commented you weren't a superstar, which you followed by contradicting him. I was referring to the implication here.
Dark Drago wrote:2. Forget it means let's stop the fight and be happy
Fair enough, but that's still separate from an apology, and I think it was apparent that's what Emerald wanted.
Dark Drago wrote:3. Even I didn't mean it in the rude way. What you told me to follow is what he should have followed before posting.
I was saying to take a look at your own behavior, yes. Emerald's statement was a bit... exaggerated, for lack of a better word, but he wasn't being rude about it - He was just laying it flat on the table.

Being rude is a much different issue than being blunt (for that matter, considering the latter to be a problem is subjective - I don't see it as an issue, because I don't think it is one at all, but I'm far too used to trying to be a bit less direct with my words).
Dark Drago wrote:4. I never told Emerald was "rude"
Once again, it's the implication:
Dark Drago (Earlier) wrote:If you had been like that in the earlier post. I'd have been polite too.
Emerald called you out on being rude and said you could be a bit more polite, and you responded with this - the implication here is pretty heavy.

It also applies to your earlier statement (#3) - If you don't think Emerald was being rude, then why would you say he had to worry about if what he was saying was rude or not?
Dark Drago wrote:5. Okay, I ask sorry to him
re: 5 - Alright, as long as we can stop arguing about this, that's no fun. Saying that, though...

re: 6 - None of us are trying to pick on you specifically. I've had that happen to me way too much in real life, and I would never wish it upon anyone else. However, at the same time, I won't hesitate to call someone out if something they've said or done is causing trouble. It's nothing personal, I swear.

The reason I took issue here and cut in is... pretty much what Emerald said. You could've replied to Emerald's initial post by saying you took offense to it and that you did more work beyond what he said. It would've made your opinion just as clear as it is now.

I might be a fine one to talk here (considering I'm a textbook Deadpan Snarker in real life), but even sarcasm can be misread quite easily. I believe you when you say that you weren't trying to be rude in the first place, honest - What I'm trying to say is to just maybe be a bit more careful with your words.

Like I've said before, I'm not trying to be offensive or cause a problem or anything here. I just want to sort this out.

You can kill me for making a reply when Emerald already did later
Dark Drago
Rainbow Master

Post by Dark Drago » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:15 am

Okay, I ask sorry to all the users here...
I'm becoming darker and worse daily...
I still don't remember what that thing is!
I thought I had solved but...
My wording style seems to be quite offensive although it makes sense
And that's why I am like this...
If only you could point out solutions
Last edited by Dark Drago on Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:19 am

Qloof234 wrote:Emerald's pretty much summed up what I'm thinking, but just to put in my two cents anyways...
Dark Drago wrote:0. I was not trying to be rude.
I don't think you are, but having said that...
Isn't this pretty much admitting that you were being rude anyways?
Dark Drago wrote:1. I pointed out that I made textures, never claimed to be superstar
I wasn't trying to claim that you said that, sorry. What I was getting at is that Emerald commented you weren't a superstar, which you followed by contradicting him. I was referring to the implication here.
Dark Drago wrote:2. Forget it means let's stop the fight and be happy
Fair enough, but that's still separate from an apology, and I think it was apparent that's what Emerald wanted.
Dark Drago wrote:3. Even I didn't mean it in the rude way. What you told me to follow is what he should have followed before posting.
I was saying to take a look at your own behavior, yes. Emerald's statement was a bit... exaggerated, for lack of a better word, but he wasn't being rude about it - He was just laying it flat on the table.

Being rude is a much different issue than being blunt (for that matter, considering the latter to be a problem is subjective - I don't see it as an issue, because I don't think it is one at all, but I'm far too used to trying to be a bit less direct with my words).
Dark Drago wrote:4. I never told Emerald was "rude"
Once again, it's the implication:
Emerald called you out on being rude and said you could be a bit more polite, and you responded with this - the implication here is pretty heavy.

It also applies to your earlier statement (#3) - If you don't think Emerald was being rude, then why would you say he had to worry about if what he was saying was rude or not?
Dark Drago wrote:5. Okay, I ask sorry to him
re: 5 - Alright, as long as we can stop arguing about this, that's no fun. Saying that, though...

re: 6 - None of us are trying to pick on you specifically. I've had that happen to me way too much in real life, and I would never wish it upon anyone else. However, at the same time, I won't hesitate to call someone out if something they've said or done is causing trouble. It's nothing personal, I swear.

The reason I took issue here and cut in is... pretty much what Emerald said. You could've replied to Emerald's initial post by saying you took offense to it and that you did more work beyond what he said. It would've made your opinion just as clear as it is now.

I might be a fine one to talk here (considering I'm a textbook Deadpan Snarker in real life), but even sarcasm can be misread quite easily. I believe you when you say that you weren't trying to be rude in the first place, honest - What I'm trying to say is to just maybe be a bit more careful with your words.

Like I've said before, I'm not trying to be offensive or cause a problem or anything here. I just want to sort this out.

You can kill me for making a reply when Emerald already did later
Err... Off-topic? :?

If you think Drago is being so bad, PM him a warning or report him to MS.
Dark Drago
Rainbow Master

Post by Dark Drago » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:05 am

I've pm ed how sorry I am and my current situation to Emerald, Qloof
Hammer Bro
Gold Wonderlander

Post by Hammer Bro » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:19 am

Dark Drago wrote:Okay, I ask sorry to all the users here...
You should listen to linkin parks irridesent song. If you see the lirics, you find solution to problem you got. I tell you that you must take more time and understand how users are beofre posting about them. Listen to numb song also. It tells how strange and stubborn you could be (not rude)
Dark Drago
Rainbow Master

Post by Dark Drago » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:24 am

Hammer Bro wrote:
You should listen to linkin parks irridesent song. If you see the lirics, you find solution to problem you got. I tell you that you must take more time and understand how users are beofre posting about them. Listen to numb song also. It tells how strange and stubborn you could be (not rude)
More time, huh?
Maybe...
Thanks for a solution!
I might need more.
Besides, I still have that problem...
I should get rid of it first.
Maybe you can solve it...
Find more mistakes and report soon please?
Hammer Bro
Gold Wonderlander

Post by Hammer Bro » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:40 am

Dark Drago wrote:
Hammer Bro wrote:
More time, huh?
Maybe...
Thanks for a solution!
I might need more.
Besides, I still have that problem...
I should get rid of it first.
Maybe you can solve it...
Find more mistakes and report soon please?
just tell what problem. If you tell in pm, its okay. I wnat to talk in chatbox but because you told you never go anymore, I will make a separate chat for both of us only.
Dark Drago
Rainbow Master

Post by Dark Drago » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:49 am

Thanks...
PM me once done!
Hammer Bro
Gold Wonderlander

Post by Hammer Bro » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:58 pm

I'm not making one. We can talk in pm's or even topics itself. Dark drago, you are not a bad person. just shortempered and a type of soccer freek Others including me used this as an excuse to meniton your rudeness. This is the solution to this.
Dark Drago
Rainbow Master

Post by Dark Drago » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:03 pm

It's kinda hard but you are right...
I am short tempered :cry:
Boo Hoo!
I need yoga lessons...
I am a SOCCER FREAK!!!
I love soccer! :D :D :D :D :D

SS01, sorry for talking off topic in your topic meant for mystic mountain... :(
HB, do you mind if we talk somewhere else...
StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:09 pm

hey, get out of my topic
Master Wonder Mage
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Master Wonder Mage » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:08 pm

And the moral of the story: NEVER ARGUE WITH EMERALD141, PEOPLE! IT JUST MAKES YOU LOOK BAD AND IT POLLUTES TOPICS!

Let's get this topic back on track.

I must say, from your picture in PYPAPOIPAH, the texture looks much better than I at first thought. From the way the texture itself looked, I didn't see it doing much, but it truly does look good.
StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:12 pm

I messed up one of the path borders, please redownload.
Emerald141
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Emerald141 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:28 pm

Last edited by Emerald141 on Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:41 pm

Forum wrote:The Attachment is too big.
Max Size: 800 KB
Yzfm
Rainbow Master

Post by Yzfm » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:29 pm

StinkerSquad01 wrote:
Forum wrote:The Attachment is too big.
Max Size: 800 KB
Save it as a jpg....

if it doesn't work then you must zip it
Previous Adventure:Time Out
Latest Adventure:Please Don't Feed The Dinosaurs!
Upcoming Adventure: History Lessons
StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:35 pm

Zipped it up and attached to forum. Check OP.
StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:37 pm

Wonderman109 wrote:SS01, love the work you did. I will use this for my 5th adventure, Welcome to the Sapphire Palace. If you have time, I'd like yellow, white, orange, black, pink, and brown jade as well.
Um um um um um sure I guess, I'll make it have path stuff and shadow stuff too I guess, I feel a bit bad though since it's practically all recoloring, and, well...*points to above posts* :shock:
llarson
Rainbow Star

Post by llarson » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:49 pm

WOW! I could use those for my hub I have planned for later! :D
"Cabbage is useless"~Came to me in a dream
"Aparagus is Unlovable"~Common knowledge
"Radishes are Ugly"~Came to my mind
My Level List
Emerald141
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Emerald141 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:01 pm

StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:27 pm

Oh, good! I'll work on it soon then.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:19 am

Wonderman109 wrote: SS01, love the work you did. I will use this for my 5th adventure, Welcome to the Sapphire Palace. If you have time, I'd like yellow, white, orange, black, pink, and brown jade as well.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:22 am

DP everyone was getting off topic here a few posts back.

Does this kind of nonsensical debating happen all the time here? Because I had two nonsensical experiences in two different swimming pools today, and I don't want any more.

Please keep on topic.

*downloads new version of level texture*
llarson
Rainbow Star

Post by llarson » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:33 am

Not Really.....
Usually it's compliments I think :?
"Cabbage is useless"~Came to me in a dream
"Aparagus is Unlovable"~Common knowledge
"Radishes are Ugly"~Came to my mind
My Level List
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:36 am

llarson wrote:Not Really.....
Usually it's compliments I think :?
Usually, but often enough we seem to get flame-fights. :roll: :evil:
Emerald141
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Emerald141 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:03 am

Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:31 am

It used to happen a lot, but most of the angry dudes are gone right now.
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
Dark Drago
Rainbow Master

Post by Dark Drago » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:11 pm

Jade, huh?
How about try inverting?