Editor Suggestions

Help Topics, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, etc.
HumanGamer
Rainbow Wonderlander

Editor Suggestions

Post by HumanGamer » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:32 pm

Hello, I don't post too often on these forums but as soon as the editor came out, I downloaded it and tried it out.

If you would like to suggest features for the editor just reply to this topic.

There are few features that I have ideas for:

Credits Screen
Command
- Cmd: ?
- Data1: Dialog # (will go through all interchanges as sections using response 1 as the header for each)
- Data2: Lvl to be on when finished
- Data3: X
- Data4: Y

Cut scenes
Fly over the level from Start Object to Finish Object.

Helper Object
- ID
- Next Level
- Start Object ID
- End Object ID
- End Cutscene(if yes then use the start object to spawn at after the cutscene)

Command
- Data1: Lvl to use as cutscene
- Data2: Start Object ID
- Data3: End Object ID

Crimson Magic
Use black magic or rainbow magic as the crimson magic. It was good for some puzzles.

Unglove Charge
Like a glove charge but it takes away the magic instead of giving it to you.

Hub Options
Hub or Adventure
In the editor there should be an option to specify if the adventure is a hub. That way it would not appear in the custom adventure select but rather in the hub selection automatically.

Hub Adventure List
In the main editor screen have the ability to add adventures to the hub like the adventure and dialog numbers, for example when you click the 1 it would give you an adventure select and you can pick which adventure is number 1 or create an adventure for number 1, etc...

Crash Fix Suggestions
Adventure Star
If you step on an adventure star in a non-hub adventure it crashes the game; which is expected. However instead all adventure stars could just be set to complete(dark blue star) to fix it.

Replay Levels
If no levels have been completed it should just say no levels have been completed instead of crashing.
Wonderman109 wrote:when Flash finds no object to teleport back 'in the present,' it should simply do nothing and reset the teleport value to 'teleport object in future' mode rather than crash.
Thanks for reading :)

~ Matt
Last edited by HumanGamer on Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WA3 Editor Tools
WOP Research
WA Map Recreation

I was previously known as cooldudepoke.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Re: Editor Suggestions

Post by Wonderman109 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:38 am

My thoughts.
cooldudepoke wrote:
Credits Screen
Command
- Data1: Dialog # (will go through all interchanges as sections using response 1 as the header for each)
- Data2: Lvl to be on when finished
- Data3: X
- Data4: Y

Cut scenes
Fly over the level from Start Object to Finish Object.

Helper Object
- ID
- Next Level
- Start Object ID
- End Object ID
- End Cutscene(if yes then use the start object to spawn at after the cutscene)

Command
- Data1: Lvl to use as cutscene
- Data2: Start Object ID
- Data3: End Object ID
I recall MS said somewhere he had a reason not to include these in the Editor? Not sure anyways.
cooldudepoke wrote: Crimson Magic
Use black magic or rainbow magic as the crimson magic. It was good for some puzzles.
Well, black magic has something to do with the editor code, so it should be left alone. But opening up white or rainbow magic for Crimson would be a cool idea for a future update. I've mentioned this idea before in the old WAE subforum list (now the Legacy section) but there wasn't much support. IMO, Crimson is awesome and its absence is the one major thing I dislike about the WAE3/PotZE.
cooldudepoke wrote: Unglove Charge
Like a glove charge but it takes away the magic instead of giving it to you.
That's why we have black magic '0' if you left-click while holding Floing on a magic charger in the editor. It's a Null magic (spellballs do nothing when shot.) Also, you could place magic of a kind useless to your level in a spot. (E.g. Pop in a Blink/Brr puzzle is pretty useless.)
cooldudepoke wrote: Hub Options
Hub or Adventure
In the editor there should be an option to specify if the adventure is a hub. That way it would not appear in the custom adventure select but rather in the hub selection automatically.
Doesn't the Player already put Hubs in a separate list?
cooldudepoke wrote: Hub Adventure List
In the main editor screen have the ability to add adventures to the hub like the adventure and dialog numbers, for example when you click the 1 it would give you an adventure select and you can pick which adventure is number 1 or create an adventure for number 1, etc...
Would be easier than doing it manually as the system is now, but I doubt that will be implemented.
cooldudepoke wrote: Crash Fix Suggestions
Adventure Star
If you step on an adventure star in a non-hub adventure it crashes the game; which is expected. However instead all adventure stars could just be set to complete(dark blue star) to fix it.
Again, doubt it will be put in.
cooldudepoke wrote: Replay Levels
If no levels have been completed it should just say no levels have been completed instead of crashing.
That's true.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:49 am

And DP my own suggestion- when Flash finds no object to teleport back 'in the present,' it should simply do nothing and reset the teleport value to 'teleport object in future' mode rather than crash.
HumanGamer
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by HumanGamer » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:18 pm

Wonderman109 wrote:I recall MS said somewhere he had a reason not to include these in the Editor? Not sure anyways.
Well I hope he adds it. Actually he could add branding to the credits screen like:"Check out www.midnightsynergy.com for more games like this one"
Wonderman109 wrote:Opening up white or rainbow magic for Crimson would be a cool idea for a future update.
Maybe he could release it like he did with RTW Platinum Edition where he added levels with story.

Maybe the rainbow magic could be a combination of all the magic types but turned evil and got a mind of it's own because there was too much power?

I don't really know though :P
Wonderman109 wrote:That's why we have black magic '0' if you left-click while holding Floing on a magic charger in the editor. It's a Null magic (spellballs do nothing when shot.) Also, you could place magic of a kind useless to your level in a spot. (E.g. Pop in a Blink/Brr puzzle is pretty useless.)
I still think there should be a proper way to remove magic. Also I tried the Black Magic in the editor and it had a ZBot icon for some reason :shock:
Wonderman109 wrote:Doesn't the Player already put Hubs in a separate list?
If your trying to make a hub it would be easier to test since the editor doesn't put the hub in the right place when you click compile. It puts it in the custom adventures section. And that would be okay, but the game crashes if you walk on an adventure star. So you either have to make all the required adventure stars inactive to test the hub or copy it to the hubs folder and beat or cheat every adventure you need just to test one part.(You have to make a new game to be able to have the map update if you've already been to that spot in the save file).
Wonderman109 wrote:Would be easier than doing it manually as the system is now, but I doubt that will be implemented.
I don't see why not? :?
Wonderman109 wrote:Again, doubt it will be put in.
I would consider that a bug. Even if it wouldn't work it really shouldn't crash the game. So I think it's a required fix(in my opinion).
Wonderman109 wrote:when Flash finds no object to teleport back 'in the present,' it should simply do nothing and reset the teleport value to 'teleport object in future' mode rather than crash.
I agree.

I'll add that to my post ;)
WA3 Editor Tools
WOP Research
WA Map Recreation

Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:21 pm

I believe the Z-bots drained your magic. :lol:

That did kind of scare me, though, when I first saw that.
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:47 pm

cooldudepoke wrote:[...] you either have to make all the required adventure stars inactive to test the hub or copy it to the hubs folder and beat or cheat every adventure you need just to test one part.
Alternatively, you could use the vault to fly past any stars and execute any adventure-completed commands. :P
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:06 pm

I just copy an arrow from one section of the hub world and past it in an other.

If I need keys, stars, or coins, I just put a bunch of them next to my starting position. :D

Though, now that we sometimes have to execute a command...

well, that'd require slightly more thought than pasting an arrow. :|

HumanGamer
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by HumanGamer » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:35 pm

Qloof234 wrote:
cooldudepoke wrote:[...] you either have to make all the required adventure stars inactive to test the hub or copy it to the hubs folder and beat or cheat every adventure you need just to test one part.
Alternatively, you could use the vault to fly past any stars and execute any adventure-completed commands. :P
:shock:

Tell me MOAR :D

I thought that was only in WA3 Beta from your video, I couldn't get the command to work in the editor :P
WA3 Editor Tools
WOP Research
WA Map Recreation

Master Wonder Mage
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Master Wonder Mage » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:48 pm

cooldudepoke wrote:
Qloof234 wrote:

I thought that was only in WA3 Beta from your video, I couldn't get the command to work in the editor :P
Watch the credits. Numbers are interesting.
HumanGamer
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by HumanGamer » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:22 pm

Master Wonder Mage wrote:
cooldudepoke wrote:
Qloof234 wrote:

Watch the credits. Numbers are interesting.
WA3 Editor Tools
WOP Research
WA Map Recreation

Caton
Rainbow Master

Post by Caton » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:39 am

There should be a cutscene editor for the editor so we can make our own cutscenes It can use commands do stuff in the cutscene like move the camera,change dialog,change music,load wlv file,play sound,create object,create charater like wisp was telling the story in wa1,screen fading,end scene The commands would play by a timer.
it would load the commands from a cutscene file.
Pawelec
Rainbow Master

Post by Pawelec » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:50 am

What I'd like to see:

Fixing some crashes: Floing without an adventure played, Flashing without an object in 1,1.

Camera Control command:
Data1: if 1 the camera is moved to location set in Data2 and Data3, if 0 the camera follows the player
Data2: X coordinate of new camera position
Data3: Y coordinate of new camera position
Data4: camera movement speed, if set to negative number there's no movement, but a direct cut to the new location

Bridges in all colours, with working colour changing - as of now works only for colours 8-11, no textures for 0-7 nor above 11 exist.

Decorative light object with an ability to set colour and range, may work like the Lamp/GlowGem light.

NOT gate - see Jutomi's adventure.

I can make the textures for new objects if they are any problem.
"Let us return to the past; it will be progress."
by Giuseppe Verdi
Plurm
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by Plurm » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:53 pm

Caton wrote:There should be a cutscene editor for the editor so we can make our own cutscenes It can use commands do stuff in the cutscene like move the camera,change dialog,change music,load wlv file,play sound,create object,create charater like wisp was telling the story in wa1,screen fading,end scene The commands would play by a timer.
it would load the commands from a cutscene file.
Yes, sure, I can't play the cutscenes through the main editor, I need to replace the hub files.

Also, I would like to see some new magics, it's good to create!
Thanks! :stinkyhappy:
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

@Camera

Post by Jutomi » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:27 pm

@Camera

That sounds epic! :lol:

It'd also be kind of neat if you could change the actual view of the map,
sort of like 3D-following or for slanted effects. :P

However, by the time you get into that,
I'd imagine either people making adventures where you can not see at all
or the game glitching out beyond repair. :lol: