The Ultimate WA Editor Hex-Editing Topic! Take A Look!

Help Topics, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, etc.
Clifford
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Clifford » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:49 am

Big idea for custom models (but difficult.)

Create a picture file with some black in so it looks like a tiny whatever.
Add Adjustment scale adjust and make it bigger.
Create wop with that, remove scale adjust... and there you have it!
Clifford
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Clifford » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:54 am

cbloopy wrote:
jdl wrote:I think our next goal, that would be extremely awesome to do, is making Hubs and Adventures in Hubs. :D :shock: :D Simple directory editing right? :?
Oh, I have no problem getting the adventure stars in the editor, the real problem is that it isn't quite enough. Here's what I know so far about hubs in the editor:

- If you put an adventure star and step onto it, the editor will still look for the adventure in c:\WA Editor v096\Data\Adventures\Adventure<N>, just like the actual game. Instead of the folder where your custom adventure is stored. So if there're two separate adventures with hubs that someone wants to play, they'll need to do the copying themselves whenever they switch from playing one to the other.

- It looks like the information on where you end up on the hub (level file number, x, y) after completing an adventure or aborting, that's actually stored in the master.dat file of the adventure. As are presumably the actions triggered in the hub for winning the adventure. Needless to say, the editor right now doesn't have any means for you to edit those information in a master.dat file.

- In the real games, whenever you create a new player profile, the game will copy all the levels and dialog files from <game main folder>\Data\Adventures\Hub into a "Hub" folder somewhere inside the player profile folder. This is not done automatically in the editor however, but the game will still look for the Hub folder in the player profile folder for level files for the hub. So you'd need whoever's playing to do the copying themselves.

- The custom adventure player will probably not be able to show your progress (whether you won or got "Gold") in the adventure selection screen, since your progress is no longer confined to a single adventure when you start having hubs.

So while it's not impossible, it would be very difficult right now to work with hubs for both the adventure designer and the player, because both the editor and the player is missing some pieces to properly support hubs for custom adventures. It would probably be best to wait for Patrick on this.
Adjustments:

ID
ZAdjust
Diolog (Chooses a diolog)
Interchange (Answer 0 = Title, Interchange text = Introductry info
CMD (what happens when finished adventure)
Data1
Data2
Data3
Data4
Active
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:00 am

Um... That... doesn't make sense...

Also:
Clifford's Sig wrote:MOFI Editor ALMOST Released! So far:

Pow Magic
Different Magic Shooting Fireflowers
Custom Textures on Models
Rainbow Coins
and more!

To get them click here.
Pow Magic - Not really POW, but Fire-Flower ammo, more like.
Different Magic Flowers - Yeah, but Brr doesn't work like in MoFI.
Custom Textures - This doesn't exist in the actual MoFI Editor.
Rainbow Coins - ...What? The "Rainbow Coins" are just coins with the Rainbow Coin texture applied to them.

How does all this make a MoFI Editor? More capabilities in the WA Editor is what that does make, but not a MoFI Editor.

Besides, Patrick will release the actual MoFI Editor if he feels like it.

Also, at the above post:

That won't make it work.

X/Y Position at the end is in the Master file - no way to change that through the editor itself.

Data Folders and stuff, that CAN NOT be changed period. It's pretty much hard-coded into the game, and the Editor.?

(I'm not meaning to be rude in this post, BTW)
Pawelec
Rainbow Master

HELP!

Post by Pawelec » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:13 pm

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
Have anyone private copy of MOFI editor? Please, send it, I'll try to make something from it. If I'll make something good, I'll post it and I'll make it downloadable.

But, PLEASE, I NEED HELP OF WA:MOFI TESTERS OR DESINGERS.

Help, Help, Help!
:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

I know, you have the editor, and you don't have this problem. I want to MOFI Editor be able to all of us.

Please help.
"Let us return to the past; it will be progress."
by Giuseppe Verdi
cbloopy
Rainbow Master

Re: HELP!

Post by cbloopy » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:28 pm

Pawelec wrote:Have anyone private copy of MOFI editor? Please, send it, I'll try to make something from it. If I'll make something good, I'll post it and I'll make it downloadable.
You asked once already, what makes you think the answer would be different if you asked it again?
Here (emphasis added by me):
Qloof234 wrote:First off, it's exclusive to only the testers (such as me) and the level designers at this point in time.

Second off, even if a tester / designer did give it to you, it wouldn't work - the editor being used for development is 'locked' to the computer it's installed on, i.e. it works on my home PC because that's where I installed it, but if I copied it over to my laptop it wouldn't work.
So unless you got someone to donate their computer to you, their copy of the MOFI editor would be useless to you.

Besides, can we start with the "If I'll make something good" part first? :wink: I searched for all posts by you under category "Wonderland Adventures Level Editor" and it looks like you did more whining about the MOFI editor than making any actual levels. :roll: :wink:
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:30 pm

Cbloopy, the testers didn't have access to the MOFI Editor, only the designers did. :cry: :cry: :cry:
ImageImage
TheCracksOverhead#9565 | Oops, uh oh.
cbloopy
Rainbow Master

Post by cbloopy » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:53 pm

jdl wrote:Cbloopy, the testers didn't have access to the MOFI Editor, only the designers did. :cry: :cry: :cry:
I was just quoting qloof234 straight from his earlier post when Pawelec asked about the MOFI editor before. I don't know who has access to the editor but it sounded like qloof234 did have access, anyway.
mqdar
Rainbow Star

Post by mqdar » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:01 pm

jdl wrote:Cbloopy, the testers didn't have access to the MOFI Editor, only the designers did. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Actually, I think that the first testers did have the MOFI Editor. It is the second tester group, which you are part of, that only got the game itself.

Pawelec, do you seriously think that anyone would give you the MOFI Editor just because you so desparately want it? Think of it this way:

I have the MOFI Editor, but when did I and when did I not use it? I used it for making my adventures in the game. Now? No, I hardly use it at all, only for someone I know in person. I use the editor that everyone can use, because no one else can run adventures with the new elements. The adventures you could create right now are good enough as they are, and I've already started making my first BIG adventure. :wink: You don't need all this fancy new stuff. :)
:lol:
Skype wrote:[7:23:42 AM] Darx: Click here to give me an internet!
[7:23:57 AM] 'a'a: *clicks here*
cbloopy
Rainbow Master

Post by cbloopy » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:02 pm

mqdar wrote:and I've already started making my first BIG adventure. :wink:
Ooh, good to see you finally have some time off Turbo Sliders and chess for more WA stuff! From playing the levels you've made for MOFI I'm already excited! :D 8) Any idea when the first demo will be out?
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:12 pm

Question: Why are we all making BIG adventures all of a sudden? :lol:
ImageImage
dlcs18
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by dlcs18 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:19 pm

I felt like making one cuz everyone else* was making one. So if other people end up being like that we are gonna get a lot of huge adventures soon. XD

*OK I guess I am exaggerating when I say "everyone" :lol:
dlcs18
cbloopy
Rainbow Master

Post by cbloopy » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:26 pm

jdl wrote:Question: Why are we all making BIG adventures all of a sudden? :lol:
No doubt your excellent MOPI big adventure has inspired many others to do the same. :wink:

Of course, it remains to be seen how many of the adventures will actually turn out BIG. People can get distracted and then the adventure fizzles out halfway and becomes unfinished. Even your MOPI adventure has lots of help with other level designers and testers besides yourself, for example, to get to where it is today.

Still, with so few new custom adventures out these days, even a half-finished BIG (medium? :wink: ) adventure would be welcome. Bring it on folks! :D
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:46 pm

cbloopy wrote:
jdl wrote:Question: Why are we all making BIG adventures all of a sudden? :lol:
No doubt your excellent MOPI big adventure has inspired many others to do the same. :wink:

Of course, it remains to be seen how many of the adventures will actually turn out BIG. People can get distracted and then the adventure fizzles out halfway and becomes unfinished. Even your MOPI adventure has lots of help with other level designers and testers besides yourself, for example, to get to where it is today.

Still, with so few new custom adventures out these days, even a half-finished BIG (medium? :wink: ) adventure would be welcome. Bring it on folks! :D
Well, what inspired me to do MOPI, was POW being in the Editor thanks to Clifford! :D I figured, "Wow, we have POW Magic now, lets see what we can make of it!" Then I made a few test levels and had some fun and saw how useful POW is! And, well, I have gotten myself, once again, into another big project that will surely be a great release!!!
---------------
Why did the first set of testers get the MOFI Editor and not the second? :( Not that there's anything wrong, just wondering.
ImageImage
mqdar
Rainbow Star

Post by mqdar » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:17 pm

cbloopy wrote:
mqdar wrote:and I've already started making my first BIG adventure. :wink:
Ooh, good to see you finally have some time off Turbo Sliders and chess for more WA stuff! From playing the levels you've made for MOFI I'm already excited! :D 8) Any idea when the first demo will be out?
Nah, Turbo Sliders and Chess haven't stopped. But, oh good, something to do now. :D :lol:

Why did I start making this new big adventure? I started a very little while ago, and have kept it secret. The idea came, and the WA Editor was just perfect for it. The demo would've been out already if I hadn't felt too tired to do it.

When will it come out? Hopefully very soon, maybe a LOT later, because of constant putting it off. Expect some good puzzles, right from the very start. :twisted: You've got to get out of the house first, and that's not easy I believe. Maybe it will be like MOFI: Hard start, Ultra-hard finish. :P :lol:
Skype wrote:[7:23:42 AM] Darx: Click here to give me an internet!
[7:23:57 AM] 'a'a: *clicks here*
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:50 am

cbloopy wrote:
I was just quoting qloof234 straight from his earlier post when Pawelec asked about the MOFI editor before. I don't know who has access to the editor but it sounded like qloof234 did have access, anyway.
Yes. Let me explain.

Anyone who was tasked to test the sepereate adventures, no hub areas or anything, recieved the WA:MoFI Editor.

Anyone pulled on later, to test the beta version with the hub, didn't get the editor because there was no real purpose.
Clifford
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Clifford » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:38 am

dlcs18 wrote:I felt like making one cuz everyone else* was making one. So if other people end up being like that we are gonna get a lot of huge adventures soon. XD

So am I!!!
richmond2010
Rainbow Seeker

Post by richmond2010 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:22 am

dlcs18 wrote:I felt like making one cuz everyone else* was making one. So if other people end up being like that we are gonna get a lot of huge adventures soon. XD

Nope you didn’t. After I completed halfway through your MoPI adventure, That struck me an idea.

And now finally I took some time off MapleStory and MoFi, I decided to make WA:MoRB (lol)

This week and the next week I am busy, my EXAMS are coming! :(

But studies is more important! :lol:
Pawelec
Rainbow Master

Again...

Post by Pawelec » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:03 pm

Give me it, I'll try to mix current WA Editor with yours MOFI Editor.
by Giuseppe Verdi
dlcs18
Rainbow MegaStar

Re: Again...

Post by dlcs18 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:23 pm

Pawelec wrote:Give me it, I'll try to mix current WA Editor with yours MOFI Editor.
Dude, that's just not gonna work.
dlcs18
Pawelec
Rainbow Master

Again...

Post by Pawelec » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:40 pm

We don't know that. Maybe yes, maybe not...
by Giuseppe Verdi
cbloopy
Rainbow Master

Post by cbloopy » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:16 pm

Pawelec wrote:Give me it, I'll try to mix current WA Editor with yours MOFI Editor.
Except there's nothing for you to mix. All the new programming that supports the new magic and monsters are in the programs themselves (wg.exe, editor.exe, etc). Along with the lock-in mechanism that makes the program only work on one machine, which incidentally would likely mean they probably have some anti-hacking measures as well. If you can get around those through hacking, then you don't need to mix anything, you'd have a hacked copy that isn't locked in to one machine.

How stupid do you think MS is? If they made it so that it only works on one machine, do you really think they would allow people to work around it so easily merely by mixing files from the current editor?

Anyway, good luck getting a copy from someone.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:33 am

no.

I already tried that, of course. All it does is MAV. It just WILL NOT work, no exceptions.

Also, giving away the files in the WA MoFI Editor is like screaming "HEY ADMIN BAN MEEEEEEEEEE", Patrick already told the develpoment team when asked about the editor that he would release it if he felt like it.

HOWEVER - since there was a general lack of interest in the WA Editor from the majority of the community, it's somewhat unlikely at this point in time.
cbloopy
Rainbow Master

Post by cbloopy » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:26 am

I'm busy this week so the model tweaking stuff will have to wait, as are all the other requests (WLV converter for WA1 and MOFI levels, music editing program for custom music, etc.)

But here's another product that came out of model tweaking. The use here is inspired by me playing Qloof234's adventure and getting sick of the walking. :wink:

Remember the map pieces in MOFI? You can collect them but they don't really do anything. Well, it turns out it's actually possible to implement a working map in your adventure, with the help of custom textures and the newly tweaked objects I'm about to give you.

====================

First, the 3 new objects:

- GC Enhanced: This is an "enhanced" General Command button in the form of a 1-tile square, which you can apply a custom object texture. Furthermore, the texture graphics is shown only when the button is active, therefore giving you clear visual indication of the button being activated by, say, the use of an item. You still have to step on the button to run its command.

"Data0" is "Command", and "Data8" is ActivateID. "Data5" is repeatable (0=yes, 1=no), although for a non-repeatable button, the graphics will disappear once you step on the button (because I think the game actually deletes the button object once stepped on, when repeatable is set to no).

I used this in my test level for the "warp points" on the map.

- Generic Rectangle: This is simply a flat rectangle that you can apply a custom object texture to, as well as resize and reposition. It is a walkthrough object so it should have no effect on the tile it is placed on. This is what I used to display the map.

- LevelExit (Activatable): This is a variant of the LevelExit object, with the added ability to be given an ID and be activated/deactivated. When it is inactive, the arrow is not shown and stepping on it has no effect. This is not used in my test level.

You could of course do the same thing using the GC Enhanced object, but for cases where you don't want to customize the look of the LevelExit, this is probably easier to use.

======================

Next, the mechanism:

Hidden offscreen (in the test level of course, I didn't bother to hide them behind fake walls etc., so you can see how it works) are some monsters, NPCs, and buttons that form the mechanism allowing you to warp whenever you use the map item. The map item basically activates an NPC Move button. The NPC Move causes an NPC to move through two buttons, one which deactivates the NPC Move (so no further action until the next time you use the map item again), and another that does the warping (using Cmd 7).

On the map area, the "warp points" are deactivated GC Enhanced buttons. The "map piece" items will activate the GC Enhanced button, causing the yellow dot to be displayed on top of the black dot from the map, as well as allow the button to warp you.

This is just a test so while it works, things aren't perfect. Here are some ways you can enhanced the implementation:

1) Instead of directly warping you whenever you use the map, the GC button can instead bring up a dialog that asks whether you really want to go to the map area, allowing you to cancel if you don't want to. The command to warp will be in the answers of the dialog interchange.

2) Since the warping to the map area is controlled by the hidden GC buttons, you can also control which location of the map area level you ended up. That way, you can have it so that when you warp to the map area, you ended up somewhere on the part of the map corresponding to where you came from. I didn't do it in my test partly because I want to force the tutorial to be done the first time you use the map, no matter where.

3) You have great control over when the map piece for an overworld area becomes available, as well as where exactly the warp points on the map take you back to in the overworld area. Care should be taken so that the player can't warp to a location he hasn't actually been to yet, or worse, wrap to a location that is no longer accessible (because some bridges collapsed, etc).

4) Instead of the map showing the entire overworld all the time, you can have it so that parts you haven't visited are not shown. Essentially, you'd make the warp point be an entire section of the map rather than just the yellow circle.

5) The graphics for the warp point is obviously crude. If I were to use it for real, I would make them smaller. I would also make the "activated warp point" graphics slightly larger to make sure it will fully cover the "deactivated warp point" from the map itself.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:36 am

<3
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:58 am

Double-post, but in theory could we use this to make something close to adventures in the editor?
cbloopy
Rainbow Master

Post by cbloopy » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:11 am

Qloof234 wrote:Double-post, but in theory could we use this to make something close to adventures in the editor?
You mean hubs? Well, not really. Because the main idea with hubs (as far as I understand) is that if you restart, abort, or gets killed while inside an adventure, you end up back on the hub where you stepped on the star. Right now I have no way of making the game do this--you have to save game yourself or you end up back at the very beginning when you restart, abort, or gets killed--with everything reset including the map pieces, warp points, etc.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:20 am

I mean, like, having a GC Button with a star graphic, and then when you finish it it dissapears, and we could have the tile below it have the blue star on it...

EDIT: Or an invisible "Generic Rectangle" with the blue star graphic that shows up on the same tile using X/Y position
cbloopy
Rainbow Master

Post by cbloopy » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:39 am

Oh I see. Yeah, if you just want to simulate the visual effects of the adventure star w/o actually using the hub capabilities, you can probably do it with the GC Enhanced button and some hidden mechanisms like the ones I use for the map.

The main trickiness is that GC buttons right now can't affect objects across levels (well I'm not 100% sure but I think that's the case), only within the same level, so I have to think about how you would allow the "finish adventure" condition to influence the star button on your "hub" into becoming blue.

[edit: okay, I thought of one way, but it's a bit of a pain and might not look perfectly correct. It's the "double-warp":

1) when you "win" an "adventure", you actually warp to an offscreen hidden location on the "hub", which contains an NPC move button.
2) The NPC move button makes a hidden NPC (with ultrahigh MovementSpeed) trigger two (or more as needed) GC buttons in rapid succession: one to turn the star blue, the other to warp you to the true location on the "hub" you want to end up on.

If all this happens quickly enough, the player might not see the double warp, and so hopefully it will look more like being warped directly to the expected hub location with the star turned blue.]
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:53 am

YES! I got it working!

It works in a one-dimensional way at least: You need a command to make the Gold Star to show up, and it has to be set to one-time use.

It will dissapear once you step on it, of course. Once you finish the mini-adventure, what I have is that it places you on a button that makes the blue star show up. However, it's exploitable - The GC button for the blue star can be pressed earlier than the Gold Star button - however, this appears only to be a problem in a few instances, like in an open area.

However, when used correctly it can probably make a normal adventure feel like a Hub area.

Pictures:

Gold Star is active, can be used to teleport.

After finishing the "Adventure", the Blue Star shows up.

I can't actually find the Blue Star file used by the game (cuz it's a 2d model with a texture on it), so I photoshopped my own.

I will post the adventure (which has been made un-exploitable now) if people want it.

@cbloopy; What about Speed-Of-Light Chompers? :lol:
cbloopy
Rainbow Master

Post by cbloopy » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:11 am

Qloof234 wrote:@cbloopy; What about Speed-Of-Light Chompers? :lol:
Oh right, I guess I could give out the WOPs for those as well (to save you from the clicking needed to actually set the speed to 1000 or so). I actually don't know if you really need the chompers and NPCs that fast, but I figure the less delay the better.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.